Remove Advertisements

Problems with Akil'zon

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Problems with Akil'zon

Postby Falkman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Hello there, first time I post here, but I've been reading for a while :)

Anyway, my guild is currently starting to foray into Zul'Aman, and we've gotten Nalorakk down without any trouble.
Now Akil'zon is giving us serious headaches.
Today we got him down to 20%, but what kills us is the random timing of the storm.
I'm using deadly boss mods to call to people when the cooldown of the storm has expired, and when it does we all bunch together.
Most of the times it work but sometimes he just chains the static disruption a lot instead, and we die from it.

So basically what I'm looking for is advice to reliably avoid killing the raid from disruptions, while still being compact enough to be able to react to the storm in time.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby Miyazaki » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Turn off ALL your sounds except ambience.

Listen for starting rain.

Call the ppl in.

... Has been covered many times :b

GL!
Miyazaki

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:07 pm

In theory if you place all the raid in a circle, about at ~20 yd from boss, 10 yd from each other, you don't even need to move when the storm comes, just have everyone collapse on the victim then resume position

That's assuming you don't raid with tards.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Falkman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Miyazaki wrote:Turn off ALL your sounds except ambience.

Call the ppl in.

GL!

Ok, so the sound of starting rain starts right before the storm, got it, will try that next time, thanks for the advice :)
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby Frickit » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Falkman wrote:
Miyazaki wrote:Turn off ALL your sounds except ambience.

Call the ppl in.

GL!

Ok, so the sound of starting rain starts right before the storm, got it, will try that next time, thanks for the advice :)

Ive pugged other methods but this is the one our guild uses and its by far the best. Volume up vent quiet and you can focus Akil'Zon to see his cast bar. As said Ambience full everything else down.
As soon as I hear the storm roll in I call for a collapse and as soon as his cast bar goes down you can call for everyone to move out. This works like a charm and you'll never fail again. :)
You will notice that he starts storm before DBM bars and sometimes well after them. They are useless.
@Worldies strat...theres always one or two tards hehe.
Frickit

Return to Zul'aman