Remove Advertisements

Curator and Prince

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Everlight » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:44 pm

Boruc wrote:Either your dps sucks or your paladin had more health. A healer can't be higher on treath than dpsers.

It is trivially easy to have healers higher than the DPSers on Curator - before the first Evocation.

If you do not have a Hateful Bolt tank dealing damage to him, the only damage-based threat on the Curator will be the tank himself, and the healers will be the only other players generating threat against him.

After the first Evocation though, that situation should reverse, since your DPSers will have adequate time to catch up.
Everlight

Postby guillex » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Anuji wrote:so...
no the paladin isn't bad at all....

maybe it's just my spelling but think of this situation:
i'm "pulling" the Curator and take him to the spot were i want to tank him, at this point i am the only one on his threat-list, now.. the paladin heals me, so he is the second on the threat list with maybe 1k threat right after me..

Now the first flare is going off him and the warlock puts his immolate on it, now he's on the threat-list AFTER the paladin... the paladin get the bolt.

TY for listening -_-
No my raid isn't gimped and no none of my healers or dps'ers are gimped either, it was just "the worst moment".

1k threat that quickly with FoL, even after DPS starts? I've never, nor have the other 2 healers, had a hateful bolt come at me first... So honestly, I don't know what's wrong.

I was listening, no need for sarcasm.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Anuji » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:39 am

Guillex wrote:
Anuji wrote:so...
no the paladin isn't bad at all....

maybe it's just my spelling but think of this situation:
i'm "pulling" the Curator and take him to the spot were i want to tank him, at this point i am the only one on his threat-list, now.. the paladin heals me, so he is the second on the threat list with maybe 1k threat right after me..

Now the first flare is going off him and the warlock puts his immolate on it, now he's on the threat-list AFTER the paladin... the paladin get the bolt.

TY for listening -_-
No my raid isn't gimped and no none of my healers or dps'ers are gimped either, it was just "the worst moment".

1k threat that quickly with FoL, even after DPS starts? I've never, nor have the other 2 healers, had a hateful bolt come at me first... So honestly, I don't know what's wrong.

I was listening, no need for sarcasm.

sry it's one of my own charakter abilities .. i'm very fast sarcastic sry for it.. it sucks sometimes ^^

so i don't know what the paladin was doing in that moment cuz i was concentrating on builin' up threat on the "the menagerie is for guests only!-" Guy, cuz i tanked him for the first time and my guild wasn't really on my side at that point (lost aggro on Maiden on a Fury Warrior about 30minutes ago...... ^^ - same here.. tanked her the firsttime and messed up with pushing 4 buttons at the same time xD) maybe he was just sending me an "you wil die!!1one-" Holy Light which critted? don't know really.. but heared him sayin' "dps! take that fuckin' bolt from me!" :D
and i hate it if anyone have critics on healers or dps'ers he didn't saw in armory or saw them in "real-" game ;)
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... ck&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' :D
Anuji

Postby jere » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:13 am

Anuji wrote:and i hate it if anyone have critics on healers or dps'ers he didn't saw in armory or saw them in "real-" game ;)

I understand that feeling, but I would like you to think about something. It isn't fair to look down upon those that make those critics if they do it constructively. They have no ability to see your healers or dps'ers in-game, nor do armory profiles really tell you much. All they have to go on is the information you provide and their own previous experience. What more can you expect for them? It could actually be that something is being done wrong (I am not saying this is necessarily true in your case, but it is a possibility)

In short, try to have some understanding and take criticism in a positive way. If someone is merely trying to make fun of you, then simply ignore them. If they are being serious, then rather than get defensive, simply listen to them. In the end it is up to you to decide whether to head their advice or not.
jere

Postby guillex » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:53 am

Honestly, I never gave a "this is why it's happening" speech. As I don't have a link to his armory, nor have I ever played with him healing, I gave a run down of what could have possibly been happening on his side.

I've been healing for 10 played days now, and I haven't had a problem with healing on Curator and eating bolts. When a bolt has come close to me, it's all about hitting = (or my lovely bubble). Simple as that.

If your pally doesn't know about aggro dumps, it might be good for him to learn about them. Else he may be going balls to the wall too early. Link his armory or something.

I dunno, was I not being constructive with the information being given? I tend to take pride in not turning 12 and telling you to l2p.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Previous

Return to Karazhan