Remove Advertisements

Lord Ahune

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Lord Ahune

Postby Dianora » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 pm

1. Both the enchant and the staff drops in normal.
2. Unless you're desperate for the neck and the extra badge, do this in normal.
3. No Frost mage.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby UMIO » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:40 pm

does he crush. on wowhead it shows him as lvl 73 in heroic
UMIO

Postby Dianora » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:43 pm

UMIO wrote:does he crush. on wowhead it shows him as lvl 73 in heroic

Nope.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Kelaan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:49 pm

I tried this today, and it seemed like we eventually got overwhelmed by little frostbolting adds, which eventually killed my healer (or dps first and then healer).

Is there a trick? did my DPS just fail at killing them fast enough, or was I doing something wrong?
Kelaan

Postby NarfJones » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:23 pm

One normal, the adds have about 1300 health. So, if they dont get one shotted, someone is doing something wrong.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Kelaan wrote:I tried this today, and it seemed like we eventually got overwhelmed by little frostbolting adds, which eventually killed my healer (or dps first and then healer).

Is there a trick? did my DPS just fail at killing them fast enough, or was I doing something wrong?

Like I said, unless you're desperate for the necklace (same as the badge version) or the badge of justice, do it on normal. The staff and enchant both drop in normal. If you do it in normal, with 4 others, you can get every one a shot at summoning him (same principal as Headless Horseman).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Kelaan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Sweet. We were trying it on heroic after having done the rest of the place, so that is likely it. :) I'll go log back in and try it agian on normal. :)
Kelaan

Postby ldeboer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:44 am

Kelaan wrote:I tried this today, and it seemed like we eventually got overwhelmed by little frostbolting adds, which eventually killed my healer (or dps first and then healer).

Ez-mode is with a pally tank and a smart healer. You obviously need to tank the big elite but down rank your consecrate to aroound 3 or 4 depending on healer quality.

Tank foward towards the spawn point but not so close as to get the debuff a smart healer can steer the adds across your consecrate by positioning as they insta agro on healer.

Usually have healer back with a mage or hunter to keep any you dont grab off them. Kill the big elite fast so you are only left to kill the non elites before each xtal phase.

High dps is the key you cant afford slow dps you should have him down in 3 cycles max.
ldeboer

Postby Vasilissa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:56 am

I did it with druid healer, 2 locks that soc adds and one hunter. We took him down with 2 transitions.
Vasilissa

Postby Dianora » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:24 am

ok, with the rolling restart this morning, not sure if they went ahead and recode the drop for the enchant and the staff... The only thing from this instance I want is the pet.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 am

The tank only needs to "tank" 1 enemy throughout the entire fight. The Ahunite Hailstone. 1 dps should be relegated to dpsing down the hailstone while the tank tanks it near the stone you summon ahune at. The other 2 dps should focus on burning down adds as fast as possible. Frost Resistance Totem/Aura makes the fight trivial as most of the heavy spike damage is frost. There is no difference in the fight between Normal Slave Pens and Heroic other than Heroic dropping a badge.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:The tank only needs to "tank" 1 enemy throughout the entire fight. The Ahunite Hailstone. 1 dps should be relegated to dpsing down the hailstone while the tank tanks it near the stone you summon ahune at. The other 2 dps should focus on burning down adds as fast as possible. Frost Resistance Totem/Aura makes the fight trivial as most of the heavy spike damage is frost. There is no difference in the fight between Normal Slave Pens and Heroic other than Heroic dropping a badge.

Will work with high dps groups but a single dps wont drop it before next cycle if they low on dps.

With a low dps group (we had a bunch of lowbie alts in ... all blues and greens) the only tactic we could make work was to have a tankie type druid in bear form or elemental shaman play protect the healer from stray adds. I tanked up front holding what adds I could 2 dps on the hailstone.

We went thru a mind numbing 4 cycles but was doable.
ldeboer

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:14 pm

I've done this a ton of times on normal, and can confirm that:

The enchantment drops on normal.
The staff + another epic is a possibility on one kill.
You don't have to reset the instance.

Also, Huge Snowballs rule.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:47 pm

I basically do this fight naked, since you don't take damage. Running up the the boss repeatedly helps.
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Invisusira wrote:I basically do this fight naked, since you don't take damage. Running up the the boss repeatedly helps.

Repeating words, in in sentence, makes more sensical!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics