its been done. but am i ready for heroics / kara yet

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

its been done. but am i ready for heroics / kara yet

Postby shrimpboat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 am

ive been copying some of the gear suggestions on this website. and ive done a bit of different things i would have normally. can you armory me and tell me what i have thats scrub that i need to change. my boots i cant really change cause i think i got rid of the boots prior to learning ( dont get rid of anything, you may need it later ) i appreciate any and all support. ive been prot since level 10. so i have the jist of threat agro building. but this place gave number crunches which i like alot. thank you for this website.

again i need to know if i am able to tank heroics in this gear. and NOT be squishy in heroics.
Last edited by shrimpboat on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
shrimpboat

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:38 am

Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby shrimpboat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:41 am

well i am getting belt of the guardian crafted as we speak. i know its not what you guys suggested but its a pretty good belt imo for threat.
shrimpboat

Postby Lookit » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 am

In the future, if you're going to start a thread asking everyone's opinion of your gear, you might want to consider including your armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Shrimpboat

You also might want to consider posting in the gearcheck thread.

As for your gear:

Enchants:
12 stam to bracers (or 12 defense since you are still crushable)
40 spell damage to weapon
15 def to chest
Consider 12 def to cloak since it is more uncrushability than the dodge enchant you currently have
12 stam to boots

Your health looks great and you are definitely ready for heroics and lower Kara. You'll probably want to pick up the badge item Libram of Repentance, as that's worth 5.33% uncrushability, and you are currently at 90.69% unbuffed.

You're in pretty good shape, so have fun tankin' =)
Lookit

Postby guillex » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:11 am

Lookit wrote:You also want to post in the gearcheck thread.

Fix't.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby shrimpboat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:34 am

you know i really appreciate the positve comments here you guys are awesome. most forums flame people for not knowing. i have tried to tank heroic SP and was crushed by the first pull health wise. not technically crushed. but i went down faster then my sister on prom. any suggestions to fix a problem like this? i went through heroic BF just fine up to the event on the 2nd boss. and failed / failed / failed. any input.
shrimpboat

Postby Targonis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 am

shrimpboat wrote:i went down faster then my sister on prom.

Sweet burn on your sibling.

Using any green items or shitty blues? I'm at work so I can't haul up your armory, but just give a post of any slots you feel are subpar and why, we can most likely suggest what to do about it.

Also, there is a great uncrushability guide that contains a listing of some great blue items and locations on where to get them in the Gear forum... definately worth a read.
Targonis

Postby shrimpboat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:52 am

well i have the blue level 60 tanking boots. a random blue level 63 BoE blue of the sorcerer for stam int spell damage. um i have green stam gems in item slots that aren't gonna on me for long. not too sure what you feel out of my gear is sub par for heroics / kara. i am 5 badges shy of getting the libram u suggested earlier. my cousin said he would also carry me through kara this week. to snag some more badges.
shrimpboat

Postby Targonis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:14 am

shrimpboat wrote:well i have the blue level 60 tanking boots. a random blue level 63 BoE blue of the sorcerer for stam int spell damage. um i have green stam gems in item slots that aren't gonna on me for long. not too sure what you feel out of my gear is sub par for heroics / kara. i am 5 badges shy of getting the libram u suggested earlier. my cousin said he would also carry me through kara this week. to snag some more badges.

I think your best bet is to spend 1 week tanking regular 5 mans, like SV/Arc/Mech/Bot/BM to get some nice upgrades to your more terrible slots... once you have a solid level 70 tanking set Heroics go faster, badges come faster... get that set in regular 5 mans. The week you spend farming those reg instance will make up for the 2 weeks you would spend struggling in heroics, getting yourself a bad name as a shit tank, and getting tossed out of groups for not being "leet" enough. My 2 cents right there.
Targonis

Postby Meatydog » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:52 pm

The week you spend farming those reg instance will make up for the 2 weeks you would spend struggling in heroics, getting yourself a bad name as a shit tank, and getting tossed out of groups for not being "leet" enough. My 2 cents right there

+1 on that.

Struggling in heroics is no fun when you already wipe a couple times and the group is getting pissy towards you.
Then later you get people in the LFG channel commenting on you when your looking for a group. Stuff like " STFU ur a shitty tank" or worse things.
Its not fun.
But hey everyone has to learn somewhere.
Meatydog

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics