Tidewalkers Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Altare » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:44 am

My guild downed him for the first time this Sunday. What I found best was to stand near the watery graves with the graves healer, and wait for the earthquake. 3 HL was plenty to have all the murlocs head straight for me everytime. I had Figurine of the Colossus and Libram of Eternal Rest for some extra consecration threat. I used no specific healing gear, just maximised intellect and spell damage. It worked perfectly until 20% health, and then I had problems.

As we moved into the hallway, the murlocs at the rear obviously got to me much sooner than the front pack. This meant I could only get 2 HL off before I started getting attacked. The front murloc pack had to be picked up by the feral druids but lots of DPS still died (we had a mage heavy group). Would adding some healing gear help to grab aggro at this critical point, and make all the murlocs gather to me after only 2 HL? There was quite a fair bit of time from grabbing the first lot of murlocs to the second pack reaching me. Would MT healer aggro overcome those 2 heals in that time?
Altare

Postby Tybalt » Tue May 06, 2008 11:01 am

solinari wrote:Here's a video of our first kill using the heal-the-warlock strategy from my PoV. It's pretty much the same thing as what you see in Dark Legacy's Morogrim video. You can see the timing of the heals and an example or two of how it can fail (warlock water graved, or not lifetapping enough). Hope this helps:

http://files.filefront.com/Inner+Focus+ ... einfo.html

Kudos to this strat. We used it last night, and progression killed him on the second try. Silly warrior tank got crushed to death on our first attempt, but our healers quickly learned they weren't in Kansas anymore...
Tybalt

Postby Frickit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:16 am

We tried me and a lifetap lock in the watery graves. I have about 400 hb and I was picking them up fine with 2-3 holy lights. We never downed him with this strat though. Also the lock going into grave range or not lifetapping enough is very common unfortunately.

We now all group up at the boss near the hallway. Murlocs all come to the cluster and are fairly easy to get with a couple of heals and consecrates. After earthquake there are plenty of people to heal. We did this with two murloc tanks in case one gets watery grave. We both got the grave one time but we still managed to win. This is the easiest strat but can fall into problems if you both get the grave at the same time.
Frickit

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 am

Frickit wrote:We tried me and a lifetap lock in the watery graves. I have about 400 hb and I was picking them up fine with 2-3 holy lights. We never downed him with this strat though.

We now all group up at the boss near the hallway. Murlocs all come to the cluster and are fairly easy to get with a couple of heals and consecrates. After earthquake there are plenty of people to heal. We did this with two murloc tanks in case one gets watery grave. We both got the grave one time but we still managed to win. This is the easiest strat but can fall into problems if you both get the grave at the same time.

What was the issues that made the first not work? The only thing that stops us with the first strat is tank death, but that has nothing to do with positioning.
jere

Postby Frickit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 am

Tank deaths...warlock not doing his job...HoTs not stopping during murlocs...overall chaos...the raid leader finally decided to all group up and we got him first try. Also hiding in the hallway will stop his globules from killing anyone.

Also despite some of our efforts the positioning was an issue because we werent all standing where we should have been near the top of the ramp where healers could get to more people.
Frickit

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 am

So it was more of an issue of people not really doing their jobs correctly than anything (well maybe gear, depending on what killed the tank).

Our very first attempt, we had trouble with people not getting into position, people raid healing after an earthquake, and people healing MY warlock. Once we started calling people out by name over vent, we got it down no problem. I still have "Raist quit healing my warlock!!" ingrained in my head to this day.
jere

Postby Frickit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am

jere wrote:So it was more of an issue of people not really doing their jobs correctly than anything (well maybe gear, depending on what killed the tank).

Our very first attempt, we had trouble with people not getting into position, people raid healing after an earthquake, and people healing MY warlock. Once we started calling people out by name over vent, we got it down no problem. I still have "Raist quit healing my warlock!!" ingrained in my head to this day.

ya lol stop healing the warlock was a big part of my vocabulary that night. the problem with being the only pally tank as well as the guilds best geared tank overall is that I cant do everything myself. Warrior got crushed/critted to death...dont ask me how he managed that. The druid took some time because he isnt usually a main tank but hes got some upgrades recently. Eventually we got it together.
Frickit

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:56 am

Earthquake tends to eat shield block charges, so you will see warriors get crushed a lot there.
jere

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 am

The way we do Morogrim is with 2 prot pally. Everyone stands behind the boss (casters included). We (the 2 pallies) each take 1 wave of murlock. In the case one of us is put in the watery tomb, the other takes both waves.

That way, the fight is a joke.
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby Frickit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 pm

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:The way we do Morogrim is with 2 prot pally. Everyone stands behind the boss (casters included). We (the 2 pallies) each take 1 wave of murlock. In the case one of us is put in the watery tomb, the other takes both waves.

That way, the fight is a joke.

It is indeed...however just as we were saying what are the odds both pallys (we have an undergeared pally usually plays hunter) end up in the grave at same time then whatya know it happened on our first try lol.
Frickit

Postby Rónin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:29 am

Being both the Raid Leader and the Murloc tank on this fight within our guild, I always look for possibilities to decrease the chance of risks to a bare minimum. In this fight you can even delete any risk, by clustering your raid in three different groups:

* MT (standing on the platform on the line between the room and the northern hallway, with his back towards the northern hallway as well);
* the core pack (R) (standing behind Morogrim (M) on the platform, all grouped together);
* the Murloc pack ((P) one paladin tank, a warlock and a dedicated healer, standing below the stair case (so NOT on the platform).

With this setup, there is absolutely NO chance of getting a Watery Grave on the Murloc Tank, Warlock and healer as you are standing out of range. Also because you have enough distance to the northern and southern hallway you can get aggro fairly simple, by just spamming Flash Heals on your warlock when the murlocs have been announced. I use this simple macro for the Flas Heals:

/rw Paladin tank healing on Warlock
/tar [name of the warlock here]
/cast Flash Heal

In this case the whole raid gets informed by the ongoing healing. We have noticed that our Paladins can continue their healing, where Priests and Druids need to stop with what they are doing, to prevent getting aggro (you have to try this out if it works for your raid as well). So therefor we assign our Paladin Healers to the MT. On the 20% mark, just turn around 90 degrees, so that the whole raid is standing on the line between the room and the hallway up north, including the Murlock group. Flash healing for 3 times + AoE, should cover it everytime.

Regards,
Rónin

Postby jere » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:58 am

Rónin wrote:
/tar [name of the warlock here]
/cast Flash Heal

Regards,

Change it to this:

/cast [target=focus] Flash of Light

That way you don't have to retype the name if you ever swap warlocks for whatever reason. You just make the one you want the focus target and it works.
jere

Postby Rónin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:15 am

Thanks jere, good addition! The previous one I just made up during the raid, without too much thinking. Never changed it since.

Regards,
Rónin

Postby Scrawn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:51 am

I am still super confused.

Is it still possible to outrange the watery graves? if so would I need a dedicated kill team and healer?

Getting heal aggro seems super dodgy to me, do i tell the raid to not heal on earthquakes but tell the MT healers to continue? Wouldnt they get aggro? Can people still hot the raid?

Im toying either with that above kind of strategy OR

All building up in a tight ball behind moro in the door, bursting a few heals on random members on the Equake pumping Conc and AS, letting the Druds take the south pack and bring em to me.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby jere » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:34 am

Scrawn wrote:I am still super confused.

Is it still possible to outrange the watery graves? if so would I need a dedicated kill team and healer?

Getting heal aggro seems super dodgy to me, do i tell the raid to not heal on earthquakes but tell the MT healers to continue? Wouldnt they get aggro? Can people still hot the raid?

Im toying either with that above kind of strategy OR

All building up in a tight ball behind moro in the door, bursting a few heals on random members on the Equake pumping Conc and AS, letting the Druds take the south pack and bring em to me.

1. It is possible to out-range both watery grave and earthquake.

2. Make a small strike team and send them to the orbiting moon of Endoor. Make it comprised of yourself, a token warlock, your healer, and watery grave healers.

3. Positioning - Tank for TW himself is positioned in the FLK hallway. This provides range from the watery globules in the last phase. The Endoor strike team uses a fake code to bypass TW's security and moves into position after the pull to where TW was orignially standing. They spread out to avoid the murloc's DoT debuff. This group is out of range of watery grave and earthquake. The ranged DPS stay at the top of the ramp, giving them easy access to both TW and the Endoor strike team, which is positioned near the watery graves.

4. Once the watery globules start coming towards the end. Every collapses on TW's rear. The warlock now only lifetaps down to 8k health so the earthquake (which can now reach him) doesn't kill him. Use the same "heal the warlock" strat, but realize others will probably grab a little aggro now. Use AW with your consecrate at this point for better aggro when the murlocs come.
jere

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern