Remove Advertisements

RoS P3

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

RoS P3

Postby Eraklion » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi brothers,

I'm a french tankadin (Rashgarroth EU), and i need a serious answer to my ask.

I play in an unoptimised raid, in black temple, killing what it is able to kill whith a bit luck (try illidari concil).

I wonder why so few paladin in France (i hope in UK/SP/US u can tank it) can tank RoS P3, il read many point of view, without having the truth (in my point of view).

i heard 0.5 dmg/mana and 10 dmg/mana? I don't down who i can believe on? Could u help me?

Eraklion (Aka Dienh human), Rashgarroth EU.
Eraklion - Paladin 70 Blood Elf - Rashgarroth - EU
Dienh - Paladin 70 Human - Rashgarroth - EU
Eraklion

Postby Lucit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:40 pm

0.5 damage per mana, so it's a completely laughable amount of damage. Just make sure your healers keep you topped off, otherwise you'll have some mana issues.
Lucit

Postby Eraklion » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:52 pm

thx brother :)
Eraklion

Postby Eraklion » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:19 pm

any other point of view is welcome

(00H17-6h00...18h17 in Washington DC, raid are starting on east cost ! Good luck !)
Eraklion

Postby Lakirby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Brothers? Don't assume all tankadins are male :)

We've killed RoS 4 times. 3 times with a warrior MT on p3, once with me tanking p3. Not only did I take less damage over the course of the phase due to taking far less soul scream damage, but I also generate more threat than the warrior MT on it. All in all, we think it made for a much smoother kill.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi.

On the English-speaking servers, most people have come to agree that paladins are a good idea for ROS P3.

Reasons:

-We take almost 0 damage from Soul Scream. Well, very, very little anyway. Warriors and Druids take a lot of damage because they have Rage, not Mana.

-The way our threat works makes us able to build higher threat faster than Warriors or Druids can on ROS P3.

-We will not take crushing blows and die to lots of damage happening very fast.

If players on your server or in your guild havn't seen or heard of a tankadin in action on ROS, go ahead and show them what you can do! Your instinct was not wrong.

Hope that helps.

=)
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm

There had been loads of discussion about that somewhere in this topic
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=2655

The 3 bigger differences which give us a clear advantage are:
1) Soul scream is capped at 6k mana, effettively giving him a maximum damage of 5k (compared to 12k+ on warriors). The damage income is also exactly enough to substain a full threat cycle.
2) Avenging Wrath + spelldam trinket + eventually a Destruction potion will give us a big threat lead without using Seethe, allowing DPS to nuke from the very first second (and in a DPS race, that's a big thing)
3) Our threat is 90% composed by pure damage, thus scaling with the % damage increase aura way better than druids and warriors which have baseline aggro in their skill

You might also add that our Righteous Defense does not trigger Seethe, so if a DPS pulls aggro we can taunt him back without increasing the damage income dramatically (Seethe has the double effect of +300% threat to raid and atk speed bonus on boss)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rand » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:32 am

I always tank RoS P3.

Warriors take too much damage.
No problem with aggro. Sometimes using also misdi from hunters. Sometimes not.

Teach you healer to keep you always at full health. Use druid for their hot, so you can regain istant mana.
Rand

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 am

It's already said.

the parse where I took most damage from RoS, I took one 5k soul scream, and all others under 2k. I didn't even have to dump any mana more than once(started the fight at 3k mana), nor had mana problems at all.

I checked the warrior on the same fight a week before, and he took one 2k soul scream, and all others over 6k. Rage hurts too much aand is too unreliable to dump in time, given how it is generated.

Add to that the fact that your threat will follow the aura and you have a recipe for win. Warriors *need* those 10 seconds of seethe if they want any chance at tanking it.
Paladins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warriors for RoS p3
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lisath » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:47 am

French tankadin here as well... =)

I've always tanked RoS P3 since our very first try and every time a warrior tanks it when i'm not here, our top DPS /whisper me they miss me. Go ahead and convice your guild to try it, for every reason given by other posters they won't regret it. Worldie summed it up quite well. ^^
Lisath

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:38 am

3) Our threat is 90% composed by pure damage, thus scaling with the % damage increase aura way better than druids and warriors which have baseline aggro in their skill

You might also add that our Righteous Defense does not trigger Seethe, so if a DPS pulls aggro we can taunt him back without increasing the damage income dramatically (Seethe has the double effect of +300% threat to raid and atk speed bonus on boss)[/quote]

Rightous Defense Doesn't Trigger Seethe? So in reality someone can pull aggro every 15 seconds???

Also whats the aura do becuase I'll definitly tank it next time however they use me in my garr soloing set to eat up to the first enrage. usually. then rogue does first enrage, then warrior goes up to second enrage. I'm going to definitly see what i can do. becuase I definitly think I would be a more viable choice for phase 3.
Lowgrus

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 am

The aura in p3 simply does 100 damage and increases damage done by 5% on first tick, the damage increases by 100 and damage done by 5% per every tick

So it's like
1st tick: 100 dam, 5% increase
2nd tick: 200 dam, 10% increase
3rd tick: 300 dam, 15% increase
etc

And yes, if someone pulls aggro we just taunt him back with no issues.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 am

Dude its so awful watching a warrior fail at getting threat phase 3 all 3 of our kills now its always half the raid dead and a taunt fest. in the end just trying to burn him. HE CAN'T HOLD AGGRO.

Now heres the issue hes more than willing to let me tank it phase 3 however without me in my solo Garr set we can't get past phase 1 flipping retarted. What did people do before prot paladins I swear.
Lowgrus

Postby Kaydee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:29 am

Lowgrus wrote:Dude its so awful watching a warrior fail at getting threat phase 3 all 3 of our kills now its always half the raid dead and a taunt fest. in the end just trying to burn him. HE CAN'T HOLD AGGRO.

Now heres the issue hes more than willing to let me tank it phase 3 however without me in my solo Garr set we can't get past phase 1 flipping retarted. What did people do before prot paladins I swear.

I guess you have some sucky warriors, we always have a warrior tank him and our dps can more or less go all out, might be easier with a paladin, but a warrior works aswell.
Kaidee - 70HumanPaladin | My WoW
Kaydee

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:58 am

Lowgrus wrote:Dude its so awful watching a warrior fail at getting threat phase 3 all 3 of our kills now its always half the raid dead and a taunt fest. in the end just trying to burn him. HE CAN'T HOLD AGGRO.

What's the problem, just tank p3 in your garr set :) As long as you got some spelldamage it will be more than fine. Maybe swap one trinket for spelldam trinket.

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Black Temple