Remove Advertisements

Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Saintsabbat » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:18 am

This is progression for us atm.

In my block value gear I sit at 760 BV unbuff and without GAB active, uncrit, uncrush, only has 370 spell damamge however. So buffed it would be roughly 510 + JotC.

Sufficient?
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:27 am

not for phase 3, I think. As a paladin you want to specialize either into p1 or into p3. Both require very different gear setups.
Your BV set is totally OP for phase 1 for example.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Saintsabbat » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:29 am

Haha, I was hoping i would be able to blag it and tank both phases, thanks for your advice x
Saintsabbat

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 am

You can "tank both phases" as long as you can get both high BV and high spelldam at same time.

I used to tank half p1 and full p3 for quite long time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Saintsabbat » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:38 am

Yea, I'm thinking I'll just put on my max threat gear and tank part of P1, then let our warrior take over. I have 473 BV in that set so it isn't ideal but as you say Worldie, I can tank part of it.

Thanks again x
Saintsabbat

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am

Actually at that time i was running with 800 BV + autoblocker + t5 set bonus :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:00 am

I run this with really low BV (somewhere in the 300s) and I do tank part of phase 1 and then phase 3.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:46 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I run this with really low BV (somewhere in the 300s) and I do tank part of phase 1 and then phase 3.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Echaa » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Worldie wrote:You can "tank both phases" as long as you can get both high BV and high spelldam at same time.

How much total BV, stam, and spell damage do you need to do this? I currently have a block value set that puts me at 782 BV and 326 spell damage as well as a threat set that puts me at 504 BV with 473 spell damage. 15.5k unbuffed hp in BV set with 14.7 in threat set. If I mix/match gear for this what stats should I be looking for?
Echaa

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:00 am

I remind doing it with 700ish BV unbuffed, with 4 t5 pieces for set bonus and spelldamage.
I had around 350 unbuffed spelldam.

I used Icon of Silver Crescent + Gnomeregan Autoblocker as trinkets.

Stam i think was really low... was at 14500 unbuffed or something like that, but i could ask both CS and Imp so it wasn't rly a problem.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dianora » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Worldie wrote:You can "tank both phases" as long as you can get both high BV and high spelldam at same time.

I had to tank him in P1 from 30% down to 1% due to our warrior's shield wall running out. Thankfully, Kael trinket + AD got me through this week's P1. Mind you, this is in my high SP + cresent of the silvermoon set that was designed to tank P3.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Saintsabbat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:38 am

Thanks for the advice concerning RoS, we killed him for the first time on our 7th try, our first foray into P3.

I tanked P1 and P3.

800 BV, 400 SD, crescent + auto blocker. (Essentially what Worldie suggested).

Was a very enjoyable fight.
Saintsabbat

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:33 am

Grats Saint.

I also tanked this for the first time last night, not a progression kill however. I am the new prot pally in the guild and they're just starting to have me do more things.

I only tanked P3. This guild is a BT farming guild that is on Muru in SWP. And I am an undergeared initiate that was recruited to replace their retiring paladin.

Based on the previous paladins advice from my new guild, I went in there with 864 spell damage fully buffed completely ignoring block. I had low avoidance stats as well (maybe around 52% avoidance). At the start of P3 I threw shield, HS, consecrate, judged, slowly turned him around, and blew wings, spell damage trinket, and destruction pot all at once basically. There was one 20k crit shadowbolt warlock that was caught up (and exceeded my threat level for a brief moment on omen) about 2 or 3 seconds before he died. They did not give me any breaks by putting a shaman in my group but I think I put out plenty of heat for the dps.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Dehn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:14 am

I am thinking..

Is it possible to tank entire p1 with a high enough bv (through enrages). Never dared try it myself before so.
Dehn

Postby Saintsabbat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 am

Well on our last kill of RoS due to rogue muck up I did tank the first fixate of the enrage.

I have 1000+ BV and even then just the first fixate was not at all nice.

There is no reason why either a rogue can't jump in and evasion tank it or have an OT step in and tank it.

Also note that in the BV gear (2/5 T4, 2/5 T5) I can also tank P3 perfectly well.
Saintsabbat

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple