Remove Advertisements

Help With Teron Gorefiend

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Help With Teron Gorefiend

Postby Healzorz25 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm

So, heres the dealio. At first I was assigned to OH/cleanse and sap debuffs hopefully cause I'm one of the few that can do it correctly every time. *sigh* Anyways, recently our raid leader decided to give me a shot tanking as he is a demon and dps can go all out a little faster than a warrior could build threat. But I noticed throughout the fight I got crushed 1-2 times every try and wondered if it was bad GCD rotation on my part. So one try I went and focused primarily and making sure my GCD was up EVERY time HS was. Yet, 2 crushing blows. These did not kill me however. Just made the healers flip out a couple times. lol. Am I doing something incorrectly, or what?

Here is my armory. With HS i have 103.2% combined avoidance making me .8% over uncrushability margin.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Icyunvme
Healzorz25

Postby Elsie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:38 pm

He swings pretty fast. If you're not getting thunderclap and/or you break 200 ms there's a high chance he'll swing -at least- once through holy shield refreshments due to server lag. After that it's a 15% chance to crush iirc. So... chances are you don't notice your lag.

edit: you also have some epically low avoidance in your armory, but I'm guessing you have a tanking neck, 'warrior' wrists, avoidance trinket, and hyjal ring.
Elsie

Postby Healzorz25 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:48 pm

What's wrong with my neck for tanking? Only other thing i have is strength of the untamed (maiden refuses to drop anything), only other bracers i have is attumens, i do not have hyjal ring, and i do have an avoidance trinket. What do you suggest in terms of gems/enchants/whatever? I know my avoidance is low, but i've had a hella hard time keeping uncritable

edit: also, thank you on explaining the lag issue. My isp isnt the best and i guess i just didn't realize it
Healzorz25

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:25 pm

What's your neckpiece? O.o
The badge one is good if you can't get maiden's and are uncrushable without it. His swing timer is like 3 seconds, you probably had a bad time with latency if your gear makes you uncrushable.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Healzorz25 wrote:What's wrong with my neck for tanking? Only other thing i have is strength of the untamed (maiden refuses to drop anything), only other bracers i have is attumens, i do not have hyjal ring, and i do have an avoidance trinket. What do you suggest in terms of gems/enchants/whatever? I know my avoidance is low, but i've had a hella hard time keeping uncritable

edit: also, thank you on explaining the lag issue. My isp isnt the best and i guess i just didn't realize it

You have pretty good health (16.2k unbuffed is solid for entry level T6 gear). So you have some room to play with say 15stamina gems and equip like the pocketwatch if you have it, or even strength of the untamed for the dodge and defense. The SSO neck isn't horrible, but it's more of a threat piece. Also, if your threat is OK, look at even the exalted kara ring over that spell damage ring until you land something better.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Healzorz25 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:15 am

Alright, thank you for the advice Frid :D
Healzorz25

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:24 am

You'll get a shot at [item=32362]Pendant of Titans[/item] once you hit RoS, but if you can, try and talk your guild into killing Kael'thas (again?). The "item that starts a quest" drops 100% of the time, and the neck you can get is better than the [item=32362]Pendant of Titans[/item] unless you really need hit rating.

[item=30007]Darkener's Grasp[/item]. Yeah, it's short three stamina from the other, but totally worth it considering it's a 100% drop from Kael'thas. I have both and I choose to wear this one.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Return to Black Temple