Sathrovarr

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sathrovarr

Postby Averroes » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Is it just me or does he hit really hard? He hits me for like 5k per hit and I dunno if its to much or the healers are slacking. What type of gear set up should I use for this guy?
Averroes

Postby lathander » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:34 am

he hit me hard too, i just keep blocking not dodge or parry, i think bec of sunwell aura -%20 dodge and -%5 miss, with libram i m 700 around block value, we only tried it 5-6 times and 1 healer cant keep me up in below, we ll try next time with 2 groups below and i taunt it
lathander

Postby Croiky » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 am

Don't taunt before corrupting strike, taunt right after
Croiky

Re: Sathrovarr

Postby Lucit » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:59 am

Averroes wrote:Is it just me or does he hit really hard? He hits me for like 5k per hit and I dunno if its to much or the healers are slacking. What type of gear set up should I use for this guy?

I wear a pretty standard gear setup, nothing special really. Stam/armor, somewhat less focus on threat than usual. Dragon and demon both hit hard, tell your healers to press their healy buttons.
Lucit

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:17 am

Croiky wrote:Don't taunt before corrupting strike, taunt right after

Faulty tactic IMO, you will have lots of tries where the human Kalecgos will die before you can kill them, unless your dps is insane.

Check what kind of healers you have with you in, if you have a Paladin, it should be fine, 1 holy pala that spams max rank holy light should be able to keep you up, if not, you and/or your paladin is undergeared for the encounter.
Afraithe

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:06 am

I still yell at our Holy palas if they use FoL in Demon Realm.
SWP basically tells them to remove FoL from their bars, really.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Cylan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:06 am

Croiky wrote:Don't taunt before corrupting strike, taunt right after

Too many occasions where I taunt gets resisted or the other tank gets teleported and I get stuck spamming taunt. :x Just make sure healers are aware you are taunting soon and go for it.
Cylan

Postby Lore » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:13 am

Sathrovarr only seems to hit hard until you get to Brutallus. :P

Our 2nd kill (which was after our first Brut kill) all the healers were like "Wasn't this hard a week ago?"
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:37 am

Tisiphone wrote:I still yell at our Holy palas if they use FoL in Demon Realm.

Indeed, if you healers have been farming BT for a few months, and get into SWP and heal the same way, you will have a lot of "retard trys".

Fights are short and require a ASSWHOOPING TON of healing, and until your healers realize that, your gona die, die, die, die....

On the other hand, try going SWP one day, and BT the next, they kinda keep healing the same in BT, so on with max TPS gear :)

Problem is when u have a few palas that are geared and gemmed for FoL spamming (low crit, +healing and mp5 for some reason, don't ask me why), doesn't work well in SWP.
Afraithe

Postby NotDonovin » Fri May 23, 2008 1:39 pm

you can concider popping a Free Action Potion -- youll be immune to the stun, which gives you chances to avoid his following attack
NotDonovin

Postby rocket » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:15 am

Afraithe wrote:
Tisiphone wrote:I still yell at our Holy palas if they use FoL in Demon Realm.

Indeed, if you healers have been farming BT for a few months, and get into SWP and heal the same way, you will have a lot of "retard trys".

Fights are short and require a ASSWHOOPING TON of healing, and until your healers realize that, your gona die, die, die, die....

On the other hand, try going SWP one day, and BT the next, they kinda keep healing the same in BT, so on with max TPS gear :)

Problem is when u have a few palas that are geared and gemmed for FoL spamming (low crit, +healing and mp5 for some reason, don't ask me why), doesn't work well in SWP.

Im a big proponent of vocalizing, however am still surprised that I have to explain that the small ass heals are essentially nothing compared to the waning seconds of tanking through portals 1-4 up top, or a CS hit with a pretty big melee hit a few seconds after. I generally start the encounter, and using X-Perl have the "healers targetting me" enabled. at around portal 3 or so, i usually see the people in demon phase list on DBM get huge, and up top it gets down to 1 healer at some point, and i call out "Big Heal Time <insert name>". If i dont say anything, im dead. Similarly going down below and taunting appropriately, then seeing the smaller stuff always worries me. getting both down in the single digits recently though is both frustrating, and imo and indicator that we know what needs to be done. hoping to down him soon.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Aetherial » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:48 am

Just make sure your healers know that tank transitions are happening. We use three tanks, when we have a portal phase we just call out what we're doing.

For example, in the demon phase, I'll say "Aetherial, taunting after next Corrupting." Then after the Corrupting Strike hits Kalecgos or the outgoing tank, I'll call out "Taunting." For upstairs we use the same pattern, just changing it to "taunting upstairs in 5" then calling out the taunt when we actually push the button.

A LOT of tank deaths in Sunwell are due to transitions between tanks. It's rare that you'll ever just get the shit kicked out of you in half a second (*cough*Brutallus*cough*), but you will end up going way too long without heals because your healers might be off healing one of the other tanks. We call out warnings and transitions for Kalecgos, Brutallus, and Sacrolash and it made a huge difference in tank survival once we started doing that.
Aetherial

Postby Elsie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 am

Call out 'taunting down below in 2.. 1..' or something of that sort. Helps the healers a bunch.
Elsie

Postby Candiru » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:37 pm

which one is "below" and which is "above"? I thought they happened in the same place? (Although to me it feels like the demon realm is "above"

We just say "taunting demon" or "taunting dragon"
Candiru

Postby Aetherial » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:20 pm

Eh, we consider the demon to be "below" and the dragon to be "up top".

We also refer to breasts as "boobies" during BC raids and "titties" during oldschool raids. Must just be a TH thing :D
Aetherial

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau