Gruul Tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tumeric » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:00 pm

I know this may belong somewhere's else but, High King Maulgar Tanked and Slain last night. After a few wipes and bringing in a mage tank and a warlock for enslave fight was cake.

Lost t4 shoulders by 2 DKP .. ugh knew i shouldnt have swapped out to my hunter last time i went.

I tanked Gruul as an OT taking 2nd aggro position. We only gave him 1 attempt as we were low on time and this was our first HKM kill ever.

Fight went well then all hell broke lose when i healer as too close to some DPS after growth 12... Healers dead. Druid drops in for 2nd position tanking so i could drop to heal.. then outta no where druid shifts out to BR the priest... HUrtful strike 1 shot dead GG. least we got em to roughly 32% before these events and i think we shrugged out another 2-3% before complete wipe.

I do have mana issues currently only about 4700 unbuffed and being healed only from hurtfuls.. this was an issue as always but Magebloods helped me keep some mana as well as JoW on gruul to help me and other casters dps.
Tumeric

Postby Jageto » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Bumping this thread because I'll be tanking High King Maulgar and Gruul tonight(if all goes well, that is.) If anyone could share some extra advice, it would be appreciated. Here's a link to my armory:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... n&n=Jageto
Jageto

Postby dragontongue » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:31 pm

my guild just got into gruul myself i was wondering if my stats were high enough to main tank him. ive main tanked every fight for our guild up to this point any of you have any suggestions.

including maulgar.
dragontongue

Postby Eliane » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:40 am

Here's how I do it:

Activate Holy Shield just before he aggros, judge righteousness, seal of righteousness, activate wings while backing him up to where I want to tank him. Keep HS up, consecrate when in position. Continue the threat cycle and stay out of cave ins :D

I rarely use AS in bossfights.
Eliane

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:19 am

Eliane wrote:Here's how I do it:

Activate Holy Shield just before he aggros, judge righteousness, seal of righteousness, activate wings while backing him up to where I want to tank him. Keep HS up, consecrate when in position. Continue the threat cycle and stay out of cave ins :D

I rarely use AS in bossfights.

I open with JoTC so I generate a good bit more threat over the duration of the encounter. I start with a hunter Misdirecting to me so I don't have to worry about the lost threat of that first JoR not being used. I use that method whether I'm MT or OT.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:43 am

dragontongue wrote:my guild just got into gruul myself i was wondering if my stats were high enough to main tank him. ive main tanked every fight for our guild up to this point any of you have any suggestions.

including maulgar.

Here is a video I found of a Paladin tanking Gruul if it helps:
http://files.filefront.com/Gruulwmv/;82 ... einfo.html

You can download the high quality one if you prefer.
jere

Postby dragontongue » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:29 pm

reply thanks for the video will check it out.. on my server we are down to pretty much only 2 pally tanks that even try anymore server is really anti paladin tanking on the horde side it sucks. so any help i can get is much appreciated.
dragontongue

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag