Remove Advertisements

So.... what's your alt?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

So.... what's your alt?

Postby Mahale » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Well I was curious what everyone did while they weren't tanking? Who is your main alt and why?

For me I guess I'm a masochist because my alt is a shaman that I was planning on keeping enhancement... of course then today I read about the WF nerf...QQ

I don't know why I keep picking hybrids when I know they get treated like shit lol.
Mahale

Postby cyndeace » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:04 pm

I have a couple alts, mainly dps. I have a mage lowbie alt and a hunter lowbie alt. I had a 49 shammy, but shelved him a while ago.
cyndeace

Postby Alixander » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:08 pm

Leveling a... *cough* another Prot Paladin. >.> Horde side this time, mind you.

I just can't really enjoy playing a non-Paladin. *shrugs* Other classes either die to easily or have stupid mechanics like Rage.
Alixander

Postby Zonzede » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Alixander wrote:Leveling a... *cough* another Prot Paladin. >.> Horde side this time, mind you.

I just can't really enjoy playing a non-Paladin. *shrugs* Other classes either die to easily or have stupid mechanics like Rage.

Agreed, I don't enjoy any except pallys.

My alt is Zonzedette, a ret paladin on the same server.
Zonzede

Postby Leidus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:17 pm

I have a level 70 draenei enhancement shaman and a level 70 nelf feral druid.

The druid used to be resto and was my main a long time ago before I created Leidus. She's feral now because, well, I simply don't have the desire to heal in 5 mans anymore. It's been a long time since I've done it, but I'm still 100% burned out on it.

The shaman I created as a "get away from people" character and for a while only told a select few what the character's name was. Since getting up to 70, the name is more known among the people I play with and I've chosen this as my PVP character, and do some 5 mans when we can actually find another tank LOL. Tired of tanking 5 mans on my paladin anyway, nothing left for me.

I also have a level 60 rogue and level 60 warlock from pre-BC, but those were short flings where I ultimately got annoyed by the lack of hybridness and quit playing them. Non-hybrids are just too limiting for me I guess.

And, uhmm, which WF nerf are you talking about? An old one you just found out about, or a new one that's not even in the PTR notes (was bored and just reread them lol)?
Leidus - 80 Human Paladin // Sudiel - 80 Human Death Knight

<Fluffy Dragon> <Epic Coalition> - Cenarion Circle
Leidus

Postby Mahale » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:29 pm

check the main forums

WF totem no longer procs off of yellow damage which means rogue instances, warrior slams, ect. ect.

still works on next attack type moves though.
Mahale

Postby Lightskin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:00 pm

rogue. can't do anything but dps. no heals or tanks.
Lightskin

Postby Lucius » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Lucius was my alt, but now that I seem to have convinced the guild to make my pally my primary raiding character I guess my 70 Holy Priest is my alt. He'll stay holy though in case we are short healers and overflowing with tanks at some point, since about half our healers are only initiates in the guild.
Lucius

Postby Vanifae » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:03 pm

I have a 61 rogue and a mage, and blah blah but I love my Paladin
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Phaex » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Pally 95% of the time. Retribution or Prot.
I start new alts and play them till their mid 20s, most stop beeing fun around here.
Hunter is pretty interesting tho, but after all, i stopped having serious alts since bc.

The game is timeconsuming enough, even with only one character. Spending my nonraid time with farming for repairs and buffs. Maybe helping friends out in 5 mans, thats about it.
Phaex

Postby Kvaern » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:37 pm

70 BM hunter, the ultimate grinding machine.
Kvaern

Postby Okita » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:52 pm

70 priest, PvE oriented. Since dps is somewhat easy to find, I tend to pick a healer or a tank. With a paladin, I can do both.
Okita

Postby Maruko_ » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:28 pm

The alts I play most are a 43 shadow priest (hopefully my next 70 :)), and a 66 BM hunter (also a miner/herbalist, for all my farming needs). I also have a 70 mage and 63 druid, but they hardly see any action these days.
(not always accurate, I spec holy for arena)
Maruko_

Postby Jarkeld » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:47 pm

70 shadow priest, does my single target farming for me, while my paly does my multi-target farming. Man shadowpriests are amazing for single target dps, and never have to drink.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Warrior. With +haste enchants/a haste stone and a 2h build.

74% haste at his current level is loltastic. Don't plan on getting him to 70 though.
Blaen99

Next

Return to General