An alternative to the sit, crit, mana method.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

An alternative to the sit, crit, mana method.

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:58 pm

I'm sure more clever people figured this out an eon ago, but the other day I was in Shattered Halls lamenting having to use manna biscuits too often, and so I'd sit and get some crits, but the problem is, only one guy will get a crit on you and then you're back up dodging away.

So I figured if I have like 5 or 6 guys beating on me, while my consecrate is ticking and I'm running a little low on mana, I'll just start casting a holy light. If I'm not mistaken, you always get hit while casting a spell, so you can just stand there for a few seconds getting a bunch of melee hits on you and making your healers have to give you some mana back. :D It seemed to work well enough for me.

Anybody else have some handy tricks?
Ashmadai

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:29 pm

I wear my Crimson Felt Hat almost any time I'm not doing a heroic or raid.

You could also try taking off your pants.

I like the casting method, though with lots of mobs beating on you you might try Avenger's Shield because it actually does something useful and you should get hit a few times in it's 1 sec casting time.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Or you can turn around and moon them.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:48 pm

PANTS ARE MERELY A CONVENIENCE FOR A TANKADIN OF MY SKILL!

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aerfalle » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm

yeah turn around :D
Aerfalle

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Dorvan wrote:ARMORS ARE MERELY A CONVENIENCE FOR A TANKADIN OF MY SKILL!

*fixed*
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dakiros » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:07 am

I just tank with my 2h spinny hammer when I am overgeared for things these days, if I have enough things beating on me I'll switch to my shield. I made the thing as somewhat of a joke after seeing Invis's posts about it and now it turns out I probably use it 50% of the time in heroics. It does help that my healer usually sits about 5 feet away from me and I can tell her "going 2h" so she knows to keep up.
Dakiros

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics