Remove Advertisements

Tips on Moroes and Maiden

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tips on Moroes and Maiden

Postby kaisaa » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:39 am

This will only be our guild's 2nd night in Kara and I am going to be MT and am fairly nervous about it. We are hoping to down Moroes and Maiden and our RL, who has been many times before with his old guild, is hoping to do the opera event too, but I don't know if we will get that far tonight.

I have read the comments on WoWhead so know the basic strategies on the two fights, just wondering if anyone had any pally specific tips for me though.
kaisaa

Postby Questioner » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:43 am

On maiden, if you are MT, the key is.....SPAM.

The silence makes it feel like you've got a ton of lag. Just keep mashing holy shield, consecration and judgement/seal.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Re: Tips on Moroes and Maiden

Postby Vanifae » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:44 am

kaisaa wrote:This will only be our guild's 2nd night in Kara and I am going to be MT and am fairly nervous about it. We are hoping to down Moroes and Maiden and our RL, who has been many times before with his old guild, is hoping to do the opera event too, but I don't know if we will get that far tonight.

I have read the comments on WoWhead so know the basic strategies on the two fights, just wondering if anyone had any pally specific tips for me though.

You can pull off some tricks with Seal of Blood if you are Horde or Blessing of sacrifice on the off tank to get you out of Gouge.

Maiden is indeed a spam fest.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:51 am

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on each boss in this forum.

Right now, you are just nervous. I was too. Trust your team. These are people you've been running with for a coulpe months now in all liklihood. They know what you can do, you know what they can do. Be on time, be prepared (food, pots, oils).

Be sure you have read up on the TRASH. There are mobs in the trash pulls which can wipe your raid. Give the Valets to a Druid or Warrior. Trust me. Call out to the raid when the Steward get you drunk. Watch out for the debuff the Waiters give.

Moroes is much more about CC than tanking. If you can bring two Priests for two shackles, that makes the fight easier. Also one priest works well if you have a Hunter who can chain trap (mine can't trap to save his life).

Have a plan for how you will deal with Garrotte. Dwarves FTW! You will need to BoP someone in your raid to clear it once. Be sure you don't eat a crush because of poor cooldown management working in a BoP.

Maiden. To tank or not to tank. If you are the only Paladin in your raid, I humbly submit to you that you are more helpful as a healer / cleanser than as a tank. BoSac the tank, and keep him up during the Repentance.

I have tanked her. It's a pain. I litterally spent the whole fight watching my buttons. Seeing a skill going on cooldown was the only way I knew I got it off.
honorshammer

Postby kaisaa » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:23 am

Honorshammer wrote:I'm pretty sure there is a thread on each boss in this forum.

Right now, you are just nervous. I was too. Trust your team. These are people you've been running with for a coulpe months now in all liklihood. They know what you can do, you know what they can do. Be on time, be prepared (food, pots, oils).

Be sure you have read up on the TRASH. There are mobs in the trash pulls which can wipe your raid. Give the Valets to a Druid or Warrior. Trust me. Call out to the raid when the Steward get you drunk. Watch out for the debuff the Waiters give.

Moroes is much more about CC than tanking. If you can bring two Priests for two shackles, that makes the fight easier. Also one priest works well if you have a Hunter who can chain trap (mine can't trap to save his life).

Have a plan for how you will deal with Garrotte. Dwarves FTW! You will need to BoP someone in your raid to clear it once. Be sure you don't eat a crush because of poor cooldown management working in a BoP.

Maiden. To tank or not to tank. If you are the only Paladin in your raid, I humbly submit to you that you are more helpful as a healer / cleanser than as a tank. BoSac the tank, and keep him up during the Repentance.

I have tanked her. It's a pain. I litterally spent the whole fight watching my buttons. Seeing a skill going on cooldown was the only way I knew I got it off.

Good idea about reading up on the trash. On Maiden, we have a pally healer as well,but I suppose he doesnt have BoSanc, and I can surely let the warrior tank if that is what is best for the group. He is not crit-immune though if that makes a difference.
kaisaa

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 am

kaisaa wrote:
Good idea about reading up on the trash. On Maiden, we have a pally healer as well,but I suppose he doesnt have BoSanc, and I can surely let the warrior tank if that is what is best for the group. He is not crit-immune though if that makes a difference.

Not BoSanc, BoSac, which I think every Paladin gets.

If he's not Crit Immune, and you are, and you have another Paladin in the raid, and you'd actually like to loot her, I suggest you should maintank it.

Be really careful moving into position. You will wipe at least once to someone getting too close and aggroing her before you are ready. Pot up only AFTER everyone is in position.
honorshammer

Postby kaisaa » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 am

Honorshammer wrote:
kaisaa wrote:

Not BoSanc, BoSac, which I think every Paladin gets.

If he's not Crit Immune, and you are, and you have another Paladin in the raid, and you'd actually like to loot her, I suggest you should maintank it.

Be really careful moving into position. You will wipe at least once to someone getting too close and aggroing her before you are ready. Pot up only AFTER everyone is in position.

Gah...sorry...always get the names of BoSanc and BoSac mixed up!
kaisaa

Postby Igrado » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:50 am

DW about it, I once had a druid buddy ask me to Blosac him... I refused, on the grounds I'm a homophob.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:51 am

Honorshammer wrote:Be really careful moving into position. You will wipe at least once to someone getting too close and aggroing her before you are ready. Pot up only AFTER everyone is in position.

*raises hand* I did that last week. Then we killed her.

I let the warrior tank her and I cleanse and heal. But since we're nice people no one has loot priority.

As for Moroes the fight is won and lost on the initial pull, good groups can recover from a clumsy pull, but bad ones will wipe.

Set the kill order, girls first it seems. Exorcise Moroes. Misdirect pull the kill target to a stationary melee DPS like a rogue or enhancement shaman. Have a hunter trap the second kill target away from your tank spot, we usually tank Moroes on the entrance side and trap on the other side. We keep two shackled, but have the luxury of three priests.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:36 am

Every time I tank Maiden, I'm scared I might break my "g" key (which is bound to Holy Shield). ):

Moroes is simple if you can keep your group organized. The most important thing is to shackle Daris if you get him and to kill Millstripe first if you have her...mana burn rapes your healers. Always establish a kill order.

The way my group does it is have a shaman ES tank one of the girls, shackle Daris (we ALWAYS seem to get him x.x; ) and then I tank Moroes + the other two. You kill the shaman target and then the two adds on the MT, and then Moroes. The shackle target stays shackled the whole fight. If you only have one tank (as we do x.x damn OT's being on summer holiday), a rogue can build agro on Moroes with Bladefurry and act as OT and eat all those blinds etc. If you get gouged and lose agro they can pop evasion until you're back up. SoB works wonders here for breaking Moroes' stuns (:

Best of luck!
Chloe

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:51 am

Don't the two adds you are tanking get loose if you get gouged or blinded?
honorshammer

Postby Buttertoast » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:59 am

Honorshammer wrote:Don't the two adds you are tanking get loose if you get gouged or blinded?
all they do is dump onto the other tank, which should be ok.
Buttertoast

Postby adese » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:02 am

Chloe wrote:The way my group does it is have a shaman ES tank one of the girls, shackle Daris (we ALWAYS seem to get him x.x; ) and then I tank Moroes + the other two. You kill the shaman target and then the two adds on the MT, and then Moroes. The shackle target stays shackled the whole fight. If you only have one tank (as we do x.x damn OT's being on summer holiday), a rogue can build agro on Moroes with Bladefurry and act as OT and eat all those blinds etc. If you get gouged and lose agro they can pop evasion until you're back up. SoB works wonders here for breaking Moroes' stuns (:

You can also put BoSac on the OT, so that when he takes damage, it will break the gouge, and Moroes will switch back to you (since you are still higher on the aggro list).
adese

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:11 am

Honorshammer wrote:Don't the two adds you are tanking get loose if you get gouged or blinded?

Adds don't lose agro on blind, they break it. When I'm gouged my rogue pops evasion and off tanks em' (:

We usually burn them down before the first gouge though.

ALSO. You can HoJ the adds, I forgot to mention that. x.x;
Chloe

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:17 am

Chloe wrote:

Adds don't lose agro on blind, they break it. When I'm gouged my rogue pops evasion and off tanks em' (:

We usually burn them down before the first gouge though.

ALSO. You can HoJ the adds, I forgot to mention that. x.x;

If I didn't have my Fuzzy Bear, when I get Gouged they'd go for my Tree.

NOBODY touches my Tree.
honorshammer

Next

Return to Karazhan