Remove Advertisements

I want to pug gruuls.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

I want to pug gruuls.

Postby Hearthsidius » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 am

Basically the title.

Ysera is a retarded server, but that's beside the point.

Is my gear good enough to tank? Or are there some pieces that I should be striving to replace?

I was told that my gear wasn't good enough to tank him today on the realm forums, from a a paladin wearing almost identical gear to me.

So, that's basically my question. Can I?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... arthsidius
Hearthsidius

Postby Seloei » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:22 am

Competent raid who doesn't die on shatters, yes you can kill him.
Your gears good enough to tank him, it's been done with less even. Official forums quite often have "i r prot, but i was holy for X months/years" paladins who quite often have no clue on prot palas.

Gruul is a mostly "is the dps getting blown up?" fight. It is hard for a paladin to time the HS so it doesn't end up during silence other than that.
Seloei

Postby Hearthsidius » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:55 am

Seloei wrote:Competent raid who doesn't die on shatters, yes you can kill him.
Your gears good enough to tank him, it's been done with less even. Official forums quite often have "i r prot, but i was holy for X months/years" paladins who quite often have no clue on prot palas.

Gruul is a mostly "is the dps getting blown up?" fight. It is hard for a paladin to time the HS so it doesn't end up during silence other than that.

It's basically just a serverwide thing.

I'm from Destromath, I only transferred over to Ysera to play with my dad, who I found out is online for about 2 hours a day.

So I'm pretty much regretting having transferred one of my more fun to play characters over there.

The thing that got me though was
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Nettoyer
that's the paladin who told me I'd need a MT. His gear is almost identical to mine?
Hearthsidius

Postby sbeacher » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:47 am

I think you could have answered this for yourself when you saw that dude has a +8 parry gem in his gear.
sbeacher

Postby Hearthsidius » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:14 am

sbeacher wrote:I think you could have answered this for yourself when you saw that dude has a +8 parry gem in his gear.

Parry is good! what are you talking about /sarcasm

I'm needy, needed some extra positive reinforcement from people who I know aren't bad :(
Hearthsidius

Postby Damiun » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:47 pm

sbeacher wrote:I think you could have answered this for yourself when you saw that dude has a +8 parry gem in his gear.
Damiun

Re: I want to pug gruuls.

Postby Vixxy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Hearthsidius wrote:Basically the title.

Ysera is a retarded server, but that's beside the point.

Is my gear good enough to tank? Or are there some pieces that I should be striving to replace?

I was told that my gear wasn't good enough to tank him today on the realm forums, from a a paladin wearing almost identical gear to me.

So, that's basically my question. Can I?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... arthsidius

Remember that a lot of "world firsts" and early progression kills were made by guilds sporting t3 and partial t4 equivalent gear. Both badge loot and crafted items are now far superior in many ways, and many of those bosses have been nerfed. My point is that when someone tells you that you're not geared enough to tank something when you clearly are (trying to MT BT in only t4 is a bit of a stretch, but in t5/badge loot you should be fine, don't make them think you need to be wearing t6 before stepping in there (duh >.<)), it's because they look for the easy route or their healers are terrible. The first time I tanked in SSC and TK I was wearing one or two Kara epics mixed with my quest blues and crafted gear. I hadn't even achieved uncrushable yet (about 1-2% away), as the server was small and 5-man quests and instances were near impossible to find groups for unless you played 24 hours a day. Of course I was never put on MT duty, but all trash and every boss aside from Vashj/Kael had something for me to do that was easily doable. Adds on Hydross, Lurker, Morogrim, Al'ar, Solarian. Bring Leo to our warrior MT after transitions, and even on VR you can hold threat for a short period of time if needed.
Vixxy

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag