Teron Gorefiend

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:06 am

iliya wrote:Ok, something's amiss here. Tonight, I had a chance to tank him, but for all five times we tried, we wiped. And from my log, I was taking roughly 7k-9k damage per melee swing. And judging from other responses here, that's too much. If it was crushing, it'd be for a lot more, and I've been crushed during a GCD ><.

Ironshield pots? Get more avoidence? What do I need to do on this guy?

Quick calc puts you at around 48-49% pure avoidance only?

Imho a second avoidance trinket is better than a second stamina trinket on this fight, there are times you *wish* you had an on-use button to stay alive when the shit hits the fan.
Also you've got a bit less armor than the rest, thats why he was hitting for so hard. Chain-chug ironshields on progression, if their too expensive consider the 2k alternatives from the old world. Noone said it's going to be cheap, it's double-so more expensive as a progression tank.

Swap in a trinket for more avoidance, chain-chug armor potions (2.5k or 2k) and consider asking for a GoA totem instead of WoA. Ask for a hunter to use scorpid sting if nothing else works, it's a small dps loss for him for a relatively big avoidance gain.

Was Thunderclap and DS up on the boss? Quite often that could be the case why you were taking that high damage intake.

There's dozens of things that might have gone wrong and caused the wipe and the only way to know what/why is to be there or "guess" based on WWS. It's not always the tanks fault (unless you eat a fatal crushing or are unhealable otherwise)
Seloei

Postby Salamandra » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:08 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
iliya wrote:Ok, something's amiss here. Tonight, I had a chance to tank him, but for all five times we tried, we wiped. And from my log, I was taking roughly 7k-9k damage per melee swing. And judging from other responses here, that's too much. If it was crushing, it'd be for a lot more, and I've been crushed during a GCD ><.

The per-hit numbers won't change from that much :| He really just hits like a tractor pushing against a mouse. Our Brutallus tanks in their full survival gear still take crushings up to 13500 damage.

YOu may want more dodge, I guess. If your mana is full all the time there is always space for more dodge :p
And make sure the warriors/warlocks are keeping demoralizing shout/curse of weakness up, specially if he's 'Reckled', he gets nastier.

Ah, and the prime reason on progression for you to tank him over a warrior is that the warrior will do more damage in fury gear than you'll do in ret gear. Raid dps is the key of the fight, isn't it? ;)

Well, raid dps, cleansing, and people actually knowing how to use ghosts. I don't understand how some people are so useless at it.

Sometimes I tank him, sometimes I don't. If I don't, I just put wisdom on him and am assigned to cleanse. I certainly feel that I do a meaningful job in the fight.
Salamandra

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:48 am

If you have no ret pala in the raid, which would you say is better, improved crusader or wisdom? Our holy palas are lazy and don't know how to keep seals up midfight so only my seal is on.

3% raid crit vs mp5? The hunters cry for me using wisdom, everyone else for crusader.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 am

Crusader, it's a short fight so mana shouldn't be a issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 am

Salamandra wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

The per-hit numbers won't change from that much :| He really just hits like a tractor pushing against a mouse. Our Brutallus tanks in their full survival gear still take crushings up to 13500 damage.

YOu may want more dodge, I guess. If your mana is full all the time there is always space for more dodge :p
And make sure the warriors/warlocks are keeping demoralizing shout/curse of weakness up, specially if he's 'Reckled', he gets nastier.

Ah, and the prime reason on progression for you to tank him over a warrior is that the warrior will do more damage in fury gear than you'll do in ret gear. Raid dps is the key of the fight, isn't it? ;)

Well, raid dps, cleansing, and people actually knowing how to use ghosts. I don't understand how some people are so useless at it.

Sometimes I tank him, sometimes I don't. If I don't, I just put wisdom on him and am assigned to cleanse. I certainly feel that I do a meaningful job in the fight.
I'm used to imba healers :| I'm usually like the third or fourth on total cleanses done because they catch it pretty much the moment he casts. I usually swap commendation for my Voodoo Mask if i'm not tanking, gg protpalla gear damage =P
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 am

Spawn gnomes, swap trinket, pull mob, win :]
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:12 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Spawn gnomes, swap trinket, pull mob, win :]
I do that sometimes :D
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 am

We're going to kill this clown Saturday night and take his epics, but I have a question first -

When you get snuffed and turn into a Vengeful Spirit, do the spirit abilities appear on your main toolbar like in Chess? Or are they on a pet toolbar or something?

(Alternate version, if I haven't made any macros or changes to my toolbar, and I get debuff-killed, and I press the '4' key, what will happen?)
Arcand

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 am

Arcand wrote:We're going to kill this clown Saturday night and take his epics, but I have a question first -

When you get snuffed and turn into a Vengeful Spirit, do the spirit abilities appear on your main toolbar like in Chess? Or are they on a pet toolbar or something?

(Alternate version, if I haven't made any macros or changes to my toolbar, and I get debuff-killed, and I press the '4' key, what will happen?)
It's like chess. On the default UI it goes to your main bar, but it's actually a separate bar called "Posession bar". That's usually the reason people get owned on construct killing... Teron is unfriendly on bar mods.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 am

So if I understand you right, since I have no bar mods, I can do the spirits with the same keypresses I've been learning in the simulator.

Coolness.
Arcand

Postby guillex » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:01 pm

If you DO have barmods though ... it goes to the ol' ctrl+3/4/5 deal?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Arcand » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:03 pm

I'm guessing the Possession bar is the one a mind-controlling priest gets?
Arcand

Postby Nottebella » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:07 pm

If you do have barmods, you need to prepare ahead of time with macros, custom bars, turning off the mods, or something, because otherwise you're risking being screwed when most likely your UI won't change at all.
Nottebella - 70 - Argent Dawn
Nottebella

Postby guillex » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Nottebella wrote:If you do have barmods, you need to prepare ahead of time with macros, custom bars, turning off the mods, or something, because otherwise you're risking being screwed when most likely your UI won't change at all.

Well, to be honest, I'm not worried about it.

My petbar is enabled, and when I've taken control of the shits for the flayer quest I've had no problems.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:34 am

Using bartender bar mods, after turning into the ghost the abilities popped up on the "main bar / bar 1" and also on the pet bar. Not sure about the other bar mods tho.
Seloei

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple