Remove Advertisements

Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby link » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:10 am

hmm im wondering does we eat spikey dmg tankin illlidan?

Cos the warrior told me his mh is 7k+ and oh 3k+ dmg. Or do we need to chug potting ironshield for this fight?
I usually tank the flames but i would like to try tankin him one day.
link

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:17 am

If your trying to showoff that your "better" always chain-chug ironshields. Holy shield makes a far safer Shear prevention method than shield block (and less damage taken due to more blocked damage)
The only spikey damage that is possible is the sameish as with warriors, due to avoidance streaks going bad/good. Overall paladins take less damage on this fight (assuming TC/DS are kept up ofcourse)
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:29 am

Unless you outgear, you should chainchug ironshields, yes. For informations about his melees have a look to the sticky guide :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby link » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:50 pm

hmm ok cool.
I think i outgear the place as i have gotten the shield but he wun drop the helm. Thanks for the advice. :D
link

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:16 pm

I have some wierd question, not really tank related.

On monday i did Illidan on my priest for the first time. All fine, we killed him but... i died from a 7200 tick from Agonizing Flames.

It left me quite shocked since i never heard it could tick so much.

Anyone got an explanation for this? Oo

http://wowwebstats.com/x6zc2qpajx525?s= ... dth=191472
WWS with the evidence of 7200 fire dot
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Standard Agonizing Flames has a max dot tick of 4800. Illidan enrages for +50% damage = 7200 Agonizing flame tick, dead shadow priest.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Since when Enrage affects the damage of Agonizing flames o_O?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Worldie wrote:Since when Enrage affects the damage of Agonizing flames o_O?

Enrages generally affect all boss dealt damage. Agonizing Flames is a spell cast by Illidan, not an environmental effect. Here's the exact spell if you're curious:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=40683

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 pm

Aye, it's always been that way. Without fail we always had a couple people dead to it if nobody spam healed them during the last trap.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 am

QQ

Well, i'll forgive healers for random deaths next time.

Still

QQ

Worldie
Global Mod

A couple of question

Postby Dianora » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:28 am

Last night was my third night on Illidan. Our guild already killed him 3 times, but I sat out for our other tank to learn the flame tanking. So I didn't have that much experience tanking the flames.

After I got the gist of the mechanism down, it's actually interesting tanking the flame. My question is this, after phase 2, what am I doing?

In phase 1, I run up and keep improved Judgement of the Crusader on Illidan to give raidwide 3% crit bonus. In phase 3&4, due to the agonizing flame and other things, me going up to melee range isn't advisable. And in phase 4, me and the other flame tank are the extra part of the raid, we've served our purpose, and we're just sticking around to collect loot.

I end up putting up my healing shield and mace and heal. Throw the shield at the demon parasites in phase 4 after the 2nd flame burst.

What do you guys do after phase 2 if you're the flame tank?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:36 am

Basically either pretend to heal and be JoW bot, or DI someone and go afk.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Glacier » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:09 pm

My first post here yay! I've been reading these forums for a long time and finally I'm stepping out of the shadows. LOL

My guild disbanded last month (Twin Eredars made some people mad... GM, MT, OTs and many people stopped playing).
10-15 of us decided to reroll, made a new guild, recruited some people and we got to Illidan yesterday.

I was reading this topic and noticed many progression kills reported here with paladins tanking Illidan (not the flames), resulted in a warglaive drop.
So... he died yesterday and we made the only player who didn't reroll a happy rogue with a new off hand weapon.

Is that a hax? hehe.

btw: Moroes = win! ty for telling me that.
Glacier

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:55 pm

That for sure doesn't count for us, i tanked every single illidan kill except one for us, and we got only 1 mh 1 month ago, and 1 offhand last week, after like 5 months of Illidan :\

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Way to die to agonizing flames neewb.

<3
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple