Remove Advertisements

Hex Lord Malacrass

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Scarzi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:04 am

From what the orginal post, you did it right. That fight is easy depending on your healer makeup. You want at least one HoT healer for the fight (priest, druid) /w shaman and whatever else. Its difficult if you have 2 paladins + 1. Also, tell people to put on some pvp gear so they have 9-10k hp, its not a dps race....its all about surviving :P
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Scarzi wrote:From what the orginal post, you did it right. That fight is easy depending on your healer makeup. You want at least one HoT healer for the fight (priest, druid) /w shaman and whatever else. Its difficult if you have 2 paladins + 1. Also, tell people to put on some pvp gear so they have 9-10k hp, its not a dps race....its all about surviving :P

Well, every time he does a power drain, your raid's DPS drops by 1% and his goes up by 10%. It seems he doesn't start doing those until he is around 80%, but once he does it is a bit of a DPS race. If you take too long, the spirit bolts can be a bit much. That said, everyone staying alive does go a long way to help the DPS.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Swagger » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:34 pm

Scarzi wrote:From what the orginal post, you did it right. That fight is easy depending on your healer makeup. You want at least one HoT healer for the fight (priest, druid) /w shaman and whatever else. Its difficult if you have 2 paladins + 1. Also, tell people to put on some pvp gear so they have 9-10k hp, its not a dps race....its all about surviving :P

Yeah, it actually is a DPS race though
Swagger

Postby Dianora » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:01 am

Fridmarr wrote:

Well, every time he does a power drain, your raid's DPS drops by 1% and his goes up by 10%. It seems he doesn't start doing those until he is around 80%, but once he does it is a bit of a DPS race. If you take too long, the spirit bolts can be a bit much. That said, everyone staying alive does go a long way to help the DPS.

We had problem with him. Tonight we didn't have a holy priest online to do the fight, except we have 1 holy paladin and me. I tanked the adds in 50% healing gears, and switch weapon and shield once the adds are down. I can confirm that phase 1 (pre-80% health) is not a DPS race. Just kill the adds and then concentrate on Malacrass himself.

Once he starts power drain, it's a dps race to kill him before he drains too much power.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Sanct » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:21 am

Is it advisable for the prot paladin to off-heal after handling the adds? Given the horrible spell-pushback.
Sanct

Postby Dorvan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:34 am

Sanct wrote:Is it advisable for the prot paladin to off-heal after handling the adds? Given the horrible spell-pushback.

This is really a 1-tank fight. 2x Prot Warrior/Pally isn't a particularly good idea for ZA anyway, so if you're Prot take him and have the other tank DPS. Even if the other tank is unfortunately a Prot Warrior, melee DPS is pretty good for the fight since they don't have pushback issues, so that's more useful than your heals would be.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:56 pm

I just wanna bump this thread and vent a little and confirm the advice...

I just did Hex again with

1 x CoH priest
1 x Resto druid
1 x Resto shaman

1 x Prot warr and myself

rogue, enh shaman, elem sham, SP and mage.

We got him to 2% first shot but after that it was all 60, 45, 50... just retarded wipes. First off seems like some ppl were taking a LOT of dmg from the 9k shadow AoE. Shouldn't Shadow protection from priests reduce approx 25% of it? also, the adds were Breaking ALL the time during the AoE and then healer .... dead. (yes we did CC before the AoE)

So from reading the previous posts, 150 SR should help a ton? was it the CoH priest that was doing bad? cuz I mean everyone was near dead at the end of each AoE. Not sure how much hp they all had though. She was also running oom quite often, which is odd because she has good T5 gear.

/huon

PS: hate this boss -.-
Huon

Postby Wraith » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:05 am

Huon,

CoH priest are great for this fight, but they use lots of mana. If you have an innervate in the group, it should go to the priest.
Have the priest be in charge of healing one of the groups. My guild usually puts everyone with the lowest health in the CoH group.

I have tried the SR resists on Hex, but when everyone is loaded up with SR resist their damage output decreases dramatically. If you have BT quality SR gear this is probably not the case, but don't have everyone use SR greens and blues for this fight. We have even tried flasking for +35% resist and found it was better to have better dps than resist.

One of the biggest keys to the Shadow damage that I have seen was to have a mage put up dampen magic on everyone except the tank. This has been the difference between getting him down and not.

Make sure your healers know who they are healing, if your CoH has a group, that leaves 2 healers to heal 5 people. Usually one is assigned to the two tanks and the other is responsible for the last three. You want as little overhealing as possible, if your healers are cross healing the entire raid, they will be burning more mana than is needed. Make sure they all have their assignments.

As for the CC, it is always different each time. We only leave the sheeps up, the other CC is just not reliable thru the spirit bolts. You don't want healers putting up CC.
Last edited by Wraith on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Postby ehly » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:31 am

Sanct wrote:Is it advisable for the prot paladin to off-heal after handling the adds? Given the horrible spell-pushback.

I often do either MT or OT on this fight depending on who we actually have for interupts. If we actually have a rogue/dps warrior, then I often just let our warrior tank. I have a fast dispel reflex. When I OT them I do switch to healing/dispeling rather than attempting to dps him after the adds are dead.

If we are short solid interupters, then I always tank Hexx, and make the Warrior go to OT/dps and let them mainly worry about interupting those heals.

I've had no problems as either MT or OT on this fight. Though as an ot I know my dps won't make a major difference :) so just heal after the adds are done.
ehly

Postby Huon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:00 am

thanks wraith!
Huon

Postby Rokh » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:04 am

If you do not have CoH priests, this is what i run with.

1 holy pally, 2 holy priests.

Put 1 priest in your group, and the priest/holy pally in the other group.

Have you and the other pally run conc aura, and the priests can Prayer of healing with no interuptions... its eats mana, but very easy to out heal the shadow dmg.
Rokh

Postby Bard » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Sabindeus wrote:CoH Priests are good. I dunno why people like to diss CoH. I like it.
People diss CoH? Never heard of such a thing. 1 resto druid and 1 CoH priest will get you through 4 timers and all of ZA - insane mana regen, instant cast dot and aoe heals.
Bard

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:23 pm

CoH used to be an abysmal 41pt talent. Much of the stygma from before they buffed it a couple of patches ago still remains around the talent. I just ignore the dumbasses, since it's now a completely overpowered spell if you know how and when to use it.
Levantine

Postby Dorvan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Huon wrote:I just wanna bump this thread and vent a little and confirm the advice...

I just did Hex again with

1 x CoH priest
1 x Resto druid
1 x Resto shaman

1 x Prot warr and myself

rogue, enh shaman, elem sham, SP and mage.

We got him to 2% first shot but after that it was all 60, 45, 50... just retarded wipes. First off seems like some ppl were taking a LOT of dmg from the 9k shadow AoE. Shouldn't Shadow protection from priests reduce approx 25% of it? also, the adds were Breaking ALL the time during the AoE and then healer .... dead. (yes we did CC before the AoE)

So from reading the previous posts, 150 SR should help a ton? was it the CoH priest that was doing bad? cuz I mean everyone was near dead at the end of each AoE. Not sure how much hp they all had though. She was also running oom quite often, which is odd because she has good T5 gear.

/huon

PS: hate this boss -.-

Were you tanking or healing? Based on your group make up, you were really low on DPS: you really want at least 6 spec'ed DPS for the fight, especially when it's still difficult for you.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby kensanity » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:29 pm

interstingly enough, priests in general rock that instance. if a priest throws out prayer of mending right before bolts start and begins the cast for prayer of healing, they WILL heal through all the bolt damage in their party and its just a matter of quickly healing the lower life members in the other group. Priests rock. Shammie are pretty cool too i guess for that specific encounter.
kensanity

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman