Remove Advertisements

Does a Tankadin make a big difference in BT?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Vanifae » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:56 am

Thus far I am enjoying BT I maintanked Gorefiend last night and I had a blast.

I am fine being a tank, I don't have to have a special purpose to be there. My only purpose to be there is to tank and support the raid.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lekadin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:14 am

To think we can't tank here is silly.

Naj'entus - I tank, the duid goes feral, and the warrior swings a nightfall (this goes for all paladin tanking, really)

Supremus - All me, all ranged snap aggro, all the time

Akama - Adds are easy for us here.

Teron - More threat, earlier, faster, better, means more DPS. Which is good. They avoid this guy as much as possible whenever I'm not around.

RoS - p3 is again our playground here. I even tanked p2 once and we just interrupted the deadens, when we didn't have a warrior.

Bloodboil - I usually go in first, and hold him for a rediculous amount of time before giving to th offtank. Bubble rocks.

Mother - Offtanking is rather dull here. I just keep up judgements and occasionally self heal.

Council - Rogue time. Although, it's a pain in the ass when you shield toss the guy when he pops, and in midair, he gain blessing of spell warding. Wtf?

Illidan - We progression killed this guy last week, and this guy really is a Paladin's playground. Our snap aggro ability really shines here. He wipes threat like 40 times in the fight, and our ability to just grab 10k threat out of all the gates lets DPS really go into him. Making this fight much shorter by having more DPS pour in is a blessing, since the longer it goes, the more likely somebody is gonna get a case of the stupids and kill three people. Not to mention we block a lot more damage here than a warrior ever could.

All in all, we're good tanks, and BT is a good instance to show it in. Just gotta have a Tankadin who knows what they're doing, and a guild that will allow you to do it.
Lekadin

Postby Aramadin » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:21 am

Lekadin wrote:To think we can't tank here is silly.

Naj'entus - I tank, the duid goes feral, and the warrior swings a nightfall (this goes for all paladin tanking, really)

Supremus - All me, all ranged snap aggro, all the time

Akama - Adds are easy for us here.

Teron - More threat, earlier, faster, better, means more DPS. Which is good. They avoid this guy as much as possible whenever I'm not around.

RoS - p3 is again our playground here. I even tanked p2 once and we just interrupted the deadens, when we didn't have a warrior.

Bloodboil - I usually go in first, and hold him for a rediculous amount of time before giving to th offtank. Bubble rocks.

Mother - Offtanking is rather dull here. I just keep up judgements and occasionally self heal.

Council - Rogue time. Although, it's a pain in the ass when you shield toss the guy when he pops, and in midair, he gain blessing of spell warding. Wtf?

Illidan - We progression killed this guy last week, and this guy really is a Paladin's playground. Our snap aggro ability really shines here. He wipes threat like 40 times in the fight, and our ability to just grab 10k threat out of all the gates lets DPS really go into him. Making this fight much shorter by having more DPS pour in is a blessing, since the longer it goes, the more likely somebody is gonna get a case of the stupids and kill three people. Not to mention we block a lot more damage here than a warrior ever could.

All in all, we're good tanks, and BT is a good instance to show it in. Just gotta have a Tankadin who knows what they're doing, and a guild that will allow you to do it.

This man speaks truth.
Aramadin

Postby nicolax » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:51 am

the 2 players above me speaks the truth.

and not only are some of the bosses easier to tank for a paladin but the trash as well. i raid lead, and since i'm the main tank i give the tempo on trash clearing (give the master looter to an officer if you RL, you won't have time to lose on looting).

Equip your threat gear set, mark mobs on the fly and push forward without giving dpsers/healers time to breathe :) Having a tank able to aoe packs of mobs + being the tank of the first target to be killed, makes it very easy and very fast. Dpsers never have to hold back

Naj'entus, trash + boss : 20 minutes or so
Supremus, all trash + boss : 25-30 min
Mother Shahraz : very fast, run, aoe the packs, chain-pull...
And there are lots of mobs you can aoe when going to Gurtogg, Gorefiend...

You will see the other tanks crying more than once, if you begin your pulls with avenger's shield and consecration. their target will focus on you instead of them if they don't taunt :lol:
nicolax

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 am

Actually having a paladin as "main tank", or well, let's say just leading tank during trash clean up can really speed up things, due to the fact we can ignore sheeps on most packs and mindlessly aoetank and zerg.
Ye ok trashs aint bosses, but clearing trashs in 10 minutes instead of 40 makes difference.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Worldie wrote:Actually having a paladin as "main tank", or well, let's say just leading tank during trash clean up can really speed up things, due to the fact we can ignore sheeps on most packs and mindlessly aoetank and zerg.
Ye ok trashs aint bosses, but clearing trashs in 10 minutes instead of 40 makes difference.

it really depends if this difference is something you can stand.

my guild will be starting black temple, currently it's warrior, feral GMRL sharing the bosses duties on everything in MH, with me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off during the bosses, sure i help tank a lose infernal or demonguard here or there. but basically, I AM THE TRASH MAN.

as currently, it's warrior, feral, feral, then me, if we were to list out our tanks. from any member of the guild, i'm just the extra tank that allows our 2nd feral to DPS and allow our dpsers to dps freely in hyjal trash.

going in to black temple, my usefulness will drop dramatically, and that, is what scares me.
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

That's something that should already have made you changing guild.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 am

if they won't let you maintank anything in bt, then you really should consider a swap.

Not all fights are "Warrior" fights.
MH bosses favor druids + warriors for bosses, palas for trash.

BT bosses favor paladins + warriors for bosses and druids only on mother/bb/flames.

we are excellent tanks in bt and if your guild won't let you even try (unless there is a big gear/skill gap) and won't even consider it, consider moving on to a non-"warriors are the only real tanks" guild.
Seloei

Postby Jellypop » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:41 pm

what i probably will do is just sit back.

if they want me to progression tank, great.

if not. and we wipe on pulls and there isn't really an apparent mistake / issue, i'll probably ask to tank.

and if we somehow 1 shot everything, i don't think i'd care TOO much, but i'll probably ask to tank the week after.

i hope.

it just sucks that you don't want to speak up during raids because you want everything to be positve.

cept when i'm tanking hyjal trash and i get to yell at nubtard rogues.
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Depends on how high your aspiration are.

If you are fine with your role, good for you.

Some of us didn't exactly like being in raid only for Hyjal trashs and be literally garbaged for all the rest of the content. Expecially considering that we eventually make a few fights in BT even more trivial than they are (Supremus, Akama, RoS, possibly Illidan)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:13 pm

i'm in no way happy about what it is at the moment, nor about where it'll be heading.

but i mean, you cannot just say, screw you guys, i'm off to a better guild.
there has been so much time and effort spent, and the friendship between most of the people are so great that, hell, can i really put my comfort before them?

going to keep trying to change the mentality of the fellow raiders, maybe finally level my 64 warrior, get the gears, tank, and then somehow mathimatically prove that a prot pally is better.
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:31 pm

If you don't tell them that you are not fine with that they'll never know.

If they don't know, they won't fix it.

You say you build friendships in there. Fine with that. IF they consider you friend, then they shouldn't have troubles giving you a chance, expecially if you provide proves of what you say.
If they don't, yes, you should say "fine people, i'm off with a better guild".
Else you'll just end being a trash tank and never ever get to tank anything.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:44 am

so idealy, i'd tank supremus right?

guess that would be where my judgement be.
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:47 am

Yes, you should ask to tank him (assuming your gear allows you to).

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Lekadin's post above highlights our strengths on all these bosses; Supremus is a fight that makes the benefits of our ranged pickup obvious. Gorefiend's another that highlights our TPS on undead.

I would disagree slightly on Naj -- I pop on healing gear and heal for that fight, since we tend to run healer-light and Naj is silly amounts of raid damage.

Yes, it's good to keep things positive. But if you're not having any fun, why play the game? I wouldn't start badgering the raid leader to let you tank 2 minutes before the pull, but I would recommend discussion the day before raid.

If it's a choice between burning you out or losing you, if your raid is made up of your friends, they should support you.

But you'll find that people in raids and guilds will forget you sooner than you might think, and people you think are friends are really only raid buddies. Sacrificing your personal happiness for this isn't worthwhile.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple