Discussion: Building your Gear for your Situation

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby quoll » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24 am

Right now its a case of "maxamising my stamina pull while still keeping uncrushablility". I dont have specific one set or nothing, im trying to mix and match for the needs of a boss. High spellpower for fights were I find I need more tps, higher avoidance for specific times.

Oh the delights of "easymode" paladins.
quoll

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:52 pm

i currently have bank filled with 18 slots as well as 18's for what i carry. After swap out tank items Heal set for emergency parts in Kara and Consumables/potions/reagents/mounts i have a total of about 12 slots free. This is quite a burden as i have started leaving half my tanking gear extra's in bank as i find i rarely use them for kara.

I Keep Suneater and CB on me but have never before used SE... just cant find where i can lose def etc and gain equal amounts of stam int and spell damage to make the gain in white DPS and SoB to even begin to look appealing. Also i have noticed.. SoB doesnt seem to get a boost from JUdgement of the crusader. I hit for around 100 With SE and SoB in tank stats. as Opposed to 98+ with SoR without JoC on target. i find this gives me more room to work with mitigation perhaps where i am not worried on hate ( JoL and JoW for example ).

All in all i think you should have a few extra parts for swap as a one size fits all wont apply to a pally tank. Biggest things i keep around are rings and trinkets,, some neckpieces too for stam bumps 27-40 is a nice hunk.

Another thing is i just hit Uncrush/uncrit while subbing in my Black Pearl ring ( 33 stam and spell damage.. cant go wrong there) this has helped me reach 200 ish Spell damage and still remain crush and crit immune.

OFF TOPIC

How long did it take you to get your Spaulders of Righteousness? Ive run a total of 39 runs so far not a single drop. Laj hates me.

On a side note thought i wasnt gonna need em as much any more when T4 shoulders dropped from High King Maulgar. Dreams crushed finding out i was taken by a shaman 2 DKP higher than me. HUrray for not allowing me to trade out my SHoulders of the bold for a great upgrade. ( Shaman was wearing Season 1 Arena shoulders- upgrades are quite minimal between the 2)
Tumeric

Postby Sloath » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Tumeric wrote:OFF TOPIC

How long did it take you to get your Spaulders of Righteousness? Ive run a total of 39 runs so far not a single drop. Laj hates me.

I can't tell you or you'll hate me, and you don't even know me.
Sloath

Postby honorshammer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Tumeric wrote:OFF TOPIC

I was 10k from Exalted.
honorshammer

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:25 pm

o no worries i know alot who got thier first run .. including a nub warrior in my guild that thought the "looked" cool and still uses them to OT kara lol.. LFGuild?
Tumeric

Postby adese » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:13 am

Tumeric wrote:I Keep Suneater and CB on me but have never before used SE... just cant find where i can lose def etc and gain equal amounts of stam int and spell damage to make the gain in white DPS and SoB to even begin to look appealing. Also i have noticed.. SoB doesnt seem to get a boost from JUdgement of the crusader. I hit for around 100 With SE and SoB in tank stats. as Opposed to 98+ with SoR without JoC on target. i find this gives me more room to work with mitigation perhaps where i am not worried on hate ( JoL and JoW for example ).

The one spot that I can think of off hand where SE would be useful over CB would be Prince Phase 2. Since he can hit quite hard and very quickly, the extra avoidance that SE provides can really help your healers out. If you put Mongoose or a +Agi enchant on it, it works even better for this purpose.

I personally use King's Defender for Prince Phase 2, but I don't have SE yet. I haven't ran Heroic Mech much - definitely need to get on that, since SE is a better avoidance weapon than KD.
adese

Postby quoll » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 am

Tumeric wrote:o no worries i know alot who got thier first run .. including a nub warrior in my guild that thought the "looked" cool and still uses them to OT kara lol.. LFGuild?

I got well into exalted and tried every trick in the book to get guild members to run the instance.

I never ever want to go back.
quoll

Postby Tonirae » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:55 pm

I've been trying to get both my stam and avoidance up, but have kind of come to a block in the road unless I do more heroics for badges and get into Karazhan more often.

I've been told by a warrior that I need more dodge, that stam doesn't matter so much, but I hardly see anyones gear with +dodge gems in them.

I'm told by healers that I get way too hard in heroics, but I'm told by my boyfriend (who's a warrior) that I'm fine and not getting hit any harder than a warrior would in gear equivalent to mine.

I'm fine in normal instances, I can even tank with no CC whatsoever most times.

Any suggestions on how I can improve my gear past what I've gotten?
or does anyone have any suggestions on alternate gemming options?
"wtf, why do you have two paladins?!" - almost everyone I meet
Tonirae

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations