Remove Advertisements

Warrior keeps eating it on Naj'entus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Warrior keeps eating it on Naj'entus

Postby Aleriya » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:27 am

How many crushing blows are acceptable for a warrior tank on Naj'entus? Our warrior kept dying last night, and the first reaction was to blame the healers. It seems to me our tank is getting crushed too much . . . running almost 10% crushing blows on some attempts.

http://wowwebstats.com/4xs1upd1k3f2a?a= ... 6051-53365

From the WWS (looking at attempt #2), in a 7'19" fight, he cast shield block 38 times and thunderclap 12 times. Assuming shield block stays up for 4 seconds, that's only a 35% uptime. Thunderclap had a 27% uptime . . .

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I bring this to my raid leader. WTB new MT! heh.
Aleriya

Postby Lore » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 am

I only see 11 thunderclap casts, and the other warrior wasn't using it either, so yeah, that's pretty epic fail.

10% crushings is horrible too. Naj'entus doesn't attack fast enough to burn through shield block most of the time. The shield block number might be off because he would probably refresh the buff on himself if he gets a dodge, BUT if shield block is refreshing itself he shouldn't be getting crushed.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 am

That's a complete failure.

Any warrior eating more than occasional crushings on a 2.0 atk speed boss should possibly delete his character.

And 10% is not occasional. Hell, i get less crushing if i don't use holy shields.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Daine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 am

It's occassions like this that make you wonder why just because someone is a warrior, they get to tank. Considering you'll be crushed on 15% of the hits if you just stood there doing absolutely nothing, he's done a pretty good job of eating them. I bet he just needed more rage, /sarcasm.
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
Daine

Postby Stilgarr » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:40 am

Where abouts in the reports does it mention Crushings ?

WWS was nice and easy when on my SP, but guess I need to look deeper into it for tanking purposes now ;)
Stilgarr

Postby jere » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:55 am

You expand the "Dmg In" section and look for the Crushings column.
jere

Postby Mordinm » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:33 am

The report says 4% of swings were crushing. As bad as 4% crushing is the healers should be taking a fair amount of blame if your tank is reasonably geared. Naj'entus just doesn't hit hard enough for crushing to be a big problem. Looking at that report a buffed tank at the start of BT should be able to take at least back to back crushing blows of that size (7k to 8k) and come out fairly well. It also matters when he died. If it was just after the Tidal Sheild came down then it is almost certian that the healers should have been more focused on getting him back up.

Edit:
Looking at a couple of the death logs he did take a crushing after a Tidal Sheild once. On that attempt though only one healer had healed him in the 30 seconds before death and he got a LoH from that healer 10 seconds before he died and that was his last heal.

The second death log one of the Paladin healers dies shortly before him and he gets hit with a couple of lesser healing waves from some shaman.

So your tank may not take much damage but if you don't have this guy on farm you probably want more then 1 healer on your tank. Also maybe let your shaman know that lesser healing wave is a profoundly crapptastic spell to cast on a tank.
Mordinm

Return to Black Temple