Remove Advertisements

Best group setup

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:26 am

16 minute heroic slave pens would be easy mode with an all aoe dps group. My record is 20 minutes, but that was with a mage, fury warrior, and a hunter, so I wasn't even with a full aoe group. Honestly, if I could clone the arcane/frost mage I run with I could probably do a heroic SP in like 10 or 12 minutes if I chain potted. Arcane explosion ftw.
Ashmadai

Postby Marker » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:55 am

Pallytank
DPS warrior
DPS warrior
Enh Shammy
Druidhealer

Damn what a destruction derby...
Marker

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:33 am

heroic MrT in 1 hour with 2 rogues, enh shaman and pala healer <3
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 pm

The fastest runs I've had (22min h ramp, 23min h sp, 44min h sh) were with the following group:

Pally tank (me)
Ele Shaman
Mage
Lock
Holy Priest

The AOE was great and made us clear through trash super fast.

A group I've always wanted to try though is:

Pally tank (me)
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest

Maybe having one of the priest stay out of shadow form and throw renew and prom on me and heal if needed. Might not be a viable group in reality but would be fun to at least try. Hell, I've seen a enh shaman tank heroic ramparts for the hell of it before, so rolling without a healer wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
Jasari

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Jasari wrote:Pally tank (me)
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest

Maybe having one of the priest stay out of shadow form and throw renew and prom on me and heal if needed. Might not be a viable group in reality but would be fun to at least try. Hell, I've seen a enh shaman tank heroic ramparts for the hell of it before, so rolling without a healer wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I've done

Tankadin
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest
Enh Shammy (supposedly the healer)

Worked like a charm...shaman was bored most of the time.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Targonis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Nikachelle wrote:That's insane. A sixteen minute Slave Pens run? Are you sure it was on heroic?!? ;) Just teasing. But honestly, that's amazing.

Lol it's not really that amazing... someone called it cheating and it really is... we were pulling 3-4 groups at a time except for the mind control group and the bogstrock 4 packs were the only 2 single group pulls we did through the whole thing. We're also geared I had 20.1khp (Buffed of course) at the time I think and the druid is at 2200 +heal.

So yeah, We cheated rofl
Targonis

Postby Tandors » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Tankadin
Spriest
Mage
Mage/Lock
Any healer but a druid

The spriest is there strictly for mana regen. The mages or mage and lock are there to kill everything really fast with AoE. The reason I don't like druid healers is because if I really mes up a pull and grab too much sometimes druids can't keep up or chicken out, go cat and run guaranteeing a wipe. (I kick them if they run). They also can't rez except once every 30? minutes.
Tandors

Postby Marker » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 pm

Tandors wrote:Tankadin
The reason I don't like druid healers is because if I really mes up a pull and grab too much sometimes druids can't keep up or chicken out, go cat and run guaranteeing a wipe. (I kick them if they run). They also can't rez except once every 30? minutes.

I love running with druid healers as long as they know how to pop out of treeform for those big heals, but I guess it's a matter of luck with my PuGs and carefull choosing who I put on the friends-list. Never getting below 50% for those "Oh f*#k, we pulled those groups too.." and the druid still with plentys of mana never cease to amaze me!
Marker

Postby Marker » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest

I've done

Tankadin
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest

By this I'm guessing that the spriest debuff stacks?
Marker

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:56 pm

Marker wrote:
Dorvan wrote:
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest

I've done

Tankadin
Spriest
Spriest
Spriest

By this I'm guessing that the spriest debuff stacks?

Misery? No it doesn't stack.
Levantine

Postby Mishdorf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:18 am

I find the best instance groups are:

Me
Spriest
Mage
Lock
resto shammy

This group combines ridiculous single target and AOE damage, great utility and CC and excellent healing.

You can also sub out the mage for a hunter if you a) have water and b) don't need sheep (like in H MgT).

For H MgT the optimal group is:

Me
rogue
mage
lock
resto shammy/holy priest

This group works really well for this instance since you can viably have all 3 of your dps plus you take out the adds on the 2nd boss, you have 2.5 CC for the third boss (provided you get a demon) and you get the interrupts for Kael. The holy priest can also provide the stam buff and has an extra fear for the 3rd boss (DON'T FORGET TO HOJ ON THIS BOSS IF YOU'RE SHORT ON CC).

There are also some instances where taking a mage is almost necessary (H Sethek Halls and H Shattered Halls both have very annoying curses which are very painful).

Really though, any healer in a heroic is fine, as is most group compositions, provided you don't stack 3 melee dps and bring enough CC for your gear level. I tend to love resto druids who aren't crap (i.e. know how to change forms when necessary), but resto shammys are by far the best healer in the game. Holy Priests are ridiculously good too. It's pretty much only pallys who have lots of trouble in certain situations.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:00 am

Mishdorf wrote:but resto shammys are by far the best healer in the game.

Fuck off.
Levantine

Postby Marker » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:10 am

Can any shaman do Windfury, Mana-tide or spelldmg totem (wrath of air is it?) or is it specc based? If so, wouldnt a resto shaman be very nice, since it brings the same utility as an enhancement or elemental specced one and you can bring more viable AoE DPS classes for the 3 other spots?

What other group buffs does a shaman bring to the table for speedy 5man HC clearings?
Marker

Postby Gelnon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:41 am

Marker wrote:Can any shaman do Windfury, Mana-tide or spelldmg totem (wrath of air is it?) or is it specc based? If so, wouldnt a resto shaman be very nice, since it brings the same utility as an enhancement or elemental specced one and you can bring more viable AoE DPS classes for the 3 other spots?

What other group buffs does a shaman bring to the table for speedy 5man HC clearings?

Mana-Tide (the % per tick one) is a talent in resto, Windfury and Wrath of Air are regular, but an enh shaman should have talents that improve WF.
Gelnon

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:01 am

Marker wrote:Can any shaman do Windfury, Mana-tide or spelldmg totem (wrath of air is it?) or is it specc based? If so, wouldnt a resto shaman be very nice, since it brings the same utility as an enhancement or elemental specced one and you can bring more viable AoE DPS classes for the 3 other spots?

I don't have a problem with Shamans being great healers, which they are. All of the healing classes are though. (Well, the Paladin Holy tree is pretty broken compared to the Restoration and Priest Holy ones, but that's a different discussion)

I said fuck off at the statement that Shamans are "by far the best healer in the game"

I meant it.
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics