Remove Advertisements

How hard is the trash?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How hard is the trash?

Postby Lightstrider » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 am

How hard is the trash mobs in SP? I'm wondering for my friends guild he's in tier 5 SSC/TK and prolly gonna start farming trash/starting MH/BT and I was wondering how hard the trash is in SP to farm for drops of engineering goggles and so forth? Is it possible for a tier 5 guild to just take on trash? I think it would help guild finances to sell the sunmotes and goggles recipes they don't need to provide for stuffs to make MH/BT easier.
Lightstrider

Postby fiorina » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:24 am

Why don't they go there after raid and try pack or two to see how viable is this option from cost/effort point of view.

I can imagine with enough mages it could be doable.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Drak » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:26 am

Not sure, but I've heard that the 2nd highest horde guild on the server (which has had illidan on farm for 2-3 months now) is having troubles with trash and are wiping a lot to it, so take that as you may. It's probably doable, but it certainly won't be a cakewalk and might not be worth doing for the time/gold needed.
Drak

Postby Lore » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:45 am

It's pretty rough. We don't pull with people AFK, and things can go pretty wrong pretty fast.

Also a T5 guild might not have the DPS to kill the scouts before they can activate the golems, and a golem + a pack of 8 mobs is most likely a wipe even for a T6 guild.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lightstrider » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 am

wow, well I guess we'll stick to hyjal trash. I know they drop an okay fist set. So much for getting my goggles. I do plan to at least see illidan down. I honestly couldn't care less about the gear drops badge rewards will suit me I just want to be able to say that I've been there and done that. I went pre TBC Only getting as far as MC, Ony and wiping hundreds of times on razorgore. I'd like to enter wrath of the lich king saying that I saw illidan down. I know the big famous guilds like Nihilum and such were very anti resto druid and anti prot pally but do you see resto druids as very sought after in high end?
Lightstrider

Postby sahiel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:04 am

My guild has downed Archi but not Illidan yet, we use both resto druids and a prot pally (Yay! :)). In certain high end fights (Gurtogg for example) a resto druid is an absolute godsend for being able to spam heal and forget HoTs on a whole bunch of people in a very short span of time. Also, in any fight that silences healers a resto druid is well worth having too, maybe no-one can cast but all those HoTs are still ticking away keeping the tanks up.

The top guild on our server did Hyjal without a prot pally and needless to say, did not enjoy the instance much at all, they're kinda leet so they cleared it all regardless, but compare that to the sheer fun and laughter on our vent when I start spamming consecrate and the locks/mages get to go crazy (some have hit almost 3000 DPS on the trash.... o.O)... I doubt very much we'd ever stop using prot pally/resto druids unless some future instances nerfed their viability hugely.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Stroja » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:28 am

You could farm the trash in SW, but the difficulty level is pretty high, imo. The packs with scouts (starting with the 4th pull) require as much coordination as some bosses. If you're just starting T6 content, you'd probably get more reward for effort by farming Hyjal trash and easy bosses.
Stroja

Postby Splug » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:57 am

Doable? Probably. If you get your CC correct, your healing is spot-on, and you can coordinate enough burst damage to bring down the scouts, you should be able to handle the trash.

But I can't see it being time or cost efficient. The trash drop rates are poor (we have yet to see a single engineering plan: one hunter spear, one leatherworking pattern, one tailoring pattern), the encounters require a lot of coordination, tanks take a lot of burst damage, pulls tend to be fairly long between setup time and the relatively high mob HP, and Kalecgos is going to be more than a guild in pre-T6 gear is likely to handle. You'd definitely be better off spending the time in Hyjal or BT, where bosses are easier prey and the time-per-kill on trash is much shorter. When you throw in the repair costs, you wouldn't even be making much money for your guild bank if you do luck out on a plan drop, most likely.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:08 pm

You can pull robots without the groups if you use Eye of Kilrogg cleverly. Doesn't work for all packs, but for some you can kill all the scout's nearby robots.
Elsie

Postby Hollyhell » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Splug wrote:Doable? Probably. If you get your CC correct, your healing is spot-on, and you can coordinate enough burst damage to bring down the scouts, you should be able to handle the trash.

But I can't see it being time or cost efficient. The trash drop rates are poor (we have yet to see a single engineering plan: one hunter spear, one leatherworking pattern, one tailoring pattern), the encounters require a lot of coordination, tanks take a lot of burst damage, pulls tend to be fairly long between setup time and the relatively high mob HP, and Kalecgos is going to be more than a guild in pre-T6 gear is likely to handle. You'd definitely be better off spending the time in Hyjal or BT, where bosses are easier prey and the time-per-kill on trash is much shorter. When you throw in the repair costs, you wouldn't even be making much money for your guild bank if you do luck out on a plan drop, most likely.

-Splug

We've seen 2 hunter/shaman and 1 druid.
Hollyhell

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Lore wrote:It's pretty rough. We don't pull with people AFK, and things can go pretty wrong pretty fast.

Also a T5 guild might not have the DPS to kill the scouts before they can activate the golems, and a golem + a pack of 8 mobs is most likely a wipe even for a T6 guild.

This says everything already imo.

Also don't forget the amount of damage that every trash does. Vindicators hurt quite a lot (including mortal strikes for ... i think i got a 9k one once), and those archers have a cool dot for 4k+ damage every 2 seconds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Qualinesti » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 am

My Guild use like 6-8 Mages for sheeping everything we are not killing.

The Scouts we PoP all our trinkets and big nukes and take them down.

As far as progression goes we have downed the first 4 bosses in Hyjal, and 3 bosses in BT.

As far as I know we have not attempted the first boss in SunWell though.
Qualinesti

Postby Averroes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:38 am

The Scouts are so annoying in Sunwell >< oh and one of the priests can just mana burn you if your to close to him.
Averroes

Postby Dapaladin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:35 am

I've lead a trash farming group 2 weekends now into sunwell. The trash hits pretty damn hard. I've tanked the robots and die probably 50% of the time i do seeing as im in mostly badge and t5 gear. Assuming you get 1 gem tahts like 400g on my server at least until the gem vendor opens up.

We've gotten a Polearm 2 healing wands 1 DPS wand and a resto shaman LW pattern. Sold for 4k to a guildy.

It's been like my guild and 2 or 3 others who have been participating in the farming none of them have any SW bosses down but 2 of them are done with BT and MH.
Dapaladin

Postby tanakdin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:58 am

yep my guild and friends decided to take a look around in here monday this week, we managed to kill the robot thing after a few atemps, then moved onto the the 1st lot of trash, considering my guild is now the 3rd boss in BT and pretty well equiped, we found this really hard, just from the fact that those mobs hit like a ton of bricks.

but considering we started out with 14 people, and by the end of the raid we had 25 peeps, after dragging people in as they logged, found the best way was to sheep everything that wasnt being tanked, and just over heal the tanks( as i specced holy for the fight and dusted off my healing gear) :wink:

managed to get three drops, and looking to try again end of the month. should be amsuing
tanakdin

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau