Remove Advertisements

Why not wear two Stam trinkets?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:23 am

Your mana shouldn't be an issue on trash(pick the biggest of the pack you aggroed, judge and seal wisdom). I roll Commendation+ threat trinket.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby PapaNasty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 am

imo DMC:V + Commendation

Commendation is an auto "oh shit" button, so in my view removes alot of the need to have moroes pocketwatch on (If you want that button though, pocketwatch is definitely best imo)

Also, by stacking more stam, your ardent defender + commendation will kick in a little earlier, and so more deaths can potentially be avoided by both of these skills

The other benefit of course with not stacking avoidance trinkets, is that you're getting hit a little more and so will be less likely to oom on trash if you're chain pulling (Although I usually use my healing alchemist stone on trash for the spelldmg + bigger pots)
PapaNasty of Barthilas (US)
PapaNasty

Postby Aerfalle » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Commendation is a fabulous alternative to an avoidance trinket.

It procs when you need it to, you don't have to remember to hit the button, and it could be available to you more often than your watch or tortoise.

I normally wear Crimson Serpent + Commendation, but I carry a battlemaster's, pocketwatch and tortoise (and RL, violet badge, DMC:V, heh... and probably some others too). Everything's situational, but I use my main trinkets practically all the time.

Dorvan wrote:The Crimson Serpent is decent for threat, but I see threat trinkets as situationally useful, not as part of of one's default tanking set up.

Well... it's amazing for threat, since you can stack it with AW at the start of a boss encounter. You can alternate AW and serpent on trash to essentially always have a threat burst. "Decent for threat" is a huge understatement.

The idea of a threat trinket like Icon or Battlemaster's being only situationally useful is very true.

But the Serpent has 49 stamina and 33 int on it as well. Stam is obviously a main tanking stat, not a situationally useful stat. Plus, more threat is always good, and is a part of default tanking setups in the form of our weapons and choice of gear with SD.
Aerfalle

Postby Warheit » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:33 am

Aerfalle wrote:But the Serpent has 49 stamina and 33 int on it as well. Stam is obviously a main tanking stat, not a situationally useful stat. Plus, more threat is always good, and is a part of default tanking setups in the form of our weapons and choice of gear with SD.

I've always looked at my crimson serpent as a sta trinket that magically gives you and infinite stock of destruction pots that don't overlap with rejuvenation pot cooldown :D
Warheit

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:31 am

Aerfalle wrote:The idea of a threat trinket like Icon or Battlemaster's being only situationally useful is very true.
If only =( I'm threatcapped with that trinket so often I don't remember when was the last time I used my pocketwatch.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Metheoro » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:34 am

moduspwnens wrote:Eh, a lot of people here seem to think it's a bad idea, but I use dual stam trinkets when I tank. I like them.

EDIT: I use the Commendation and DMC:V. So, they are definitely stam trinkets, but also have other benefits. I'm not sure I'd use DMC:Madness, since it's pretty much ONLY stamina.

HELL YEA !!!

thats +108 stamina baby.
i have them both and totally love them.

but when im raidin sigh i have to use the mores and the comendation. the 2min use of the moroes has proven to be a total life savior and almost unreplacable.

in the other hand... i bring with me all my tanking set, trinkets, rings and things that i would need depending on the situation.
(i too bring my healing set when off heal like the eagle boss fight, i rather put the other tank on the boss so i heal and gain a healer)
Metheoro

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice