Kael Thas

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kael Thas

Postby Blitzago » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 am

What should our DPS be around? We got some good tanks and healers

Our ideal setup would be I think 3 tank and 1tank/dps druid, then 7 healers and 14 real DPS

The druid when hes in cat form does roughly around 750 DPS

We have quite a few AoE DPS

We run with 3 Locks and 3 Mages all over 1200 DPS
We have a fairly strong melee group of
Enh Shammy
Fury War
Ret Pally
Rogue
Rogue

All the melee are roughly around 700 - 1000 DPS

We also carry 3 shadow priests all doing 1000+ DPS

We have phase 1 down easily, which doesnt really mean anything, were now just working on phase2, and on the tanks picking up there targets so the Pally doesnt have them all on him.

Im just wondering if we got enough DPS for this fight
Blitzago

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:21 pm

dps enough to have all but the axe dead during the end of phase 2.
What that means? I don't know >.> Your dpsers seem good enough on the output side.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Use Heroisms for the mages/warlocks (since you don't want them up for phase 4 anyway, and this is the most dps-intensive part of the fight). Make sure that the bow's in the aoe, which is apparently not that easy to do. Single target down the mace and staff mainly, and aoe hard. Usually the shield and axe are the last to go down, with the shield dying about 10 seconds before phase 3 and the axe dying about 10 seconds after phase 3 starts.
Salamandra

Postby Blitzago » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Salamandra wrote:Use Heroisms for the mages/warlocks (since you don't want them up for phase 4 anyway, and this is the most dps-intensive part of the fight). Make sure that the bow's in the aoe, which is apparently not that easy to do. Single target down the mace and staff mainly, and aoe hard. Usually the shield and axe are the last to go down, with the shield dying about 10 seconds before phase 3 and the axe dying about 10 seconds after phase 3 starts.
Mage and locks will get 1 - 2 heroisms, since we run with 4 shammys, 1 Enh 1 ele and 2 resto

so could we after aoeing down everything, switch a resto shammy into the mage/lock group pop heroism and move back, I think that would increase DPS a bit to down the adds faster.
Blitzago

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 am

Blitzago wrote:
Salamandra wrote:Use Heroisms for the mages/warlocks (since you don't want them up for phase 4 anyway, and this is the most dps-intensive part of the fight). Make sure that the bow's in the aoe, which is apparently not that easy to do. Single target down the mace and staff mainly, and aoe hard. Usually the shield and axe are the last to go down, with the shield dying about 10 seconds before phase 3 and the axe dying about 10 seconds after phase 3 starts.
Mage and locks will get 1 - 2 heroisms, since we run with 4 shammys, 1 Enh 1 ele and 2 resto

so could we after aoeing down everything, switch a resto shammy into the mage/lock group pop heroism and move back, I think that would increase DPS a bit to down the adds faster.

you can't change groups in combat
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:11 am

You sure of that, dmok? I've been subbed into the caster group for RoS p3 a lot, and that fight is in combat 100% of the time.

The weapon phase... usually the bow and axe are separated from the group for convenience and survivability. Axe is tanked behind Kael and bow is dps-tanked where it spawns. once bow goes down everyone aoes the other weapons(single targets on the mace) and the axe goes down eventually after the other weapons are down.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:46 am

You can't change armor/trinkets during combat.
You can move around groups, weapons, shield, libram.

I quite often move around the resto shammie in our tank group into a dps group so he can pop BL and then back.
Seloei

Postby Blitzago » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:10 am

You can change groups in combat, often ive had a resto shammy switched in for the ele shammy to pop heroism and shit, and then switched back.
Blitzago

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:32 am

Blitzago wrote:You can change groups in combat, often ive had a resto shammy switched in for the ele shammy to pop heroism and shit, and then switched back.

really? every time I've tried it, the change has been delayed until combat was dropped.

at least, that's what it looked liek to me
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Salamandra » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 am

Snake-Aes wrote:You sure of that, dmok? I've been subbed into the caster group for RoS p3 a lot, and that fight is in combat 100% of the time.

The weapon phase... usually the bow and axe are separated from the group for convenience and survivability. Axe is tanked behind Kael and bow is dps-tanked where it spawns. once bow goes down everyone aoes the other weapons(single targets on the mace) and the axe goes down eventually after the other weapons are down.

The bow damage is easily healable. We get the hunter to lure to bow into the aoe to facilitate quicker killing. The axe is also in a significant portion of the aoe, as it's pretty close to the other weapons, just not so close as to whirlwind everyone else.
Salamandra

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 am

When my guild was killing/puging Kael we used to kill the Bow first then all AOEs would begin while single targets went for Mace, Staff, Daggers, Sword, Shield and then Axe. Normally I would help kill bow then work on the Axe by myself (My main is a shadow priest) to help with mana for healers as well as weaken the Axe. Doing this we would be able to take everything down minus maybe 10% on the axe which would just get dotted to hell at the end of Phase 2 and die early phase 3.

Edit: Also we have a pally tank everything but the Staff, Axe and Bow. The staff because it novas and shoots our frost bolts so a warrior picks it up and gets a BoF rotation to hold it. And the axe obvioulsy so the melee don't get raped usually stick a druid on it that holds it at a point where AOE still hits it but it doesn't hit anyone but him.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Return to Tempest Keep