Did 1 tank / 1 healer kara tonight.. success!

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Did 1 tank / 1 healer kara tonight.. success!

Postby sbeacher » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:00 am

So we'd been talking about doing this for a while since we'd been doing 1 tank / 2 healer kara's for a while.

Makeup was:

Prot pally (me)
Ret pally (who offtanked netherspite and offhealed on maiden)
Shadow Priest
Mage
Mage

Warlock
Warlock
Warlock
Hunter
Holy Pally

The dps was actually pretty weak which made the run actually last longer. Holy pally was amazing though (mostly badge gear, he's still using the kara shield!) I bought a lot of the badge pieces and gemed them with +12 sd gems so I did the run flasked at ~800 spelldamage which made keeping aggro quite easy.

Afterwards we decided to 2 heal all of ZA. Me, prot warrior tanks and the same holy pally with a resto druid healing. Got three chests (8 mins left on the timer) and one shotted every boss but malacrass (Took two for that)
sbeacher

Postby Miyazaki » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:38 am

Edit: Nvm I'm blind.
Miyazaki

Postby Cosmoz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:50 pm

gratz! i have been wanting to try 1 healing kara for some time... been running 7 dps 2 healers 1 tank (me) for a long time now, and I know 1 healer is doable. (already done prince and nightbane with 1 healer (9 ppl group, 1 healer left) and it was NP
Cosmoz

Postby $hOTty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:55 am

just wondering....what sort of gear level would you recommend for the tank and healer. Currently i'm at 15.5khp unbuffed and 22%dodge, 23%block, 16%parry.

I have already solo tanked with 2 healers and it was fine, so, do you think I can do this with 1? Assuming the healer is atleast 2k+ with a spriest.
$hOTty

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:32 am

Gear level... free badge lewt epics and skill is enough. As long as everyone stays on the same target and no funky aoe damage is going on it's a breeze to heal.

badge lewt (or some pieces of t5) on both tank/healer and it's doable

gratz btw, next up, do it with 2 shadowpriests :)
Seloei

Postby Kellann » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:27 am

Lies sir, you had 1.33~2 healers (VE and offhealing ret)

Nonetheless, a nice accomplishment :)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby sbeacher » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 am

Calling the shadow priest a "part healer" doesn't make any sense. So if I was judging light on mobs would that make me "part healer" too?
sbeacher

Postby sbeacher » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:23 am

Also at $hoty I don't think your gear level matters as much as your healer's skill.

I did the run in my "threat" set which includes the 2.4 chest and legs socked with +12 sd gems and the ZA shield with a +12 sd gem in it (I have two of those, as well. One for stam and one for threat)

I also only used one tanking ring (my other is the spell damage ring from eagle boss in ZA) and Timbal's Focusing Crystal as one of my trinkets.

In my trash gear I'm around 16.5k buffed health. For most bosses I did not switch gear so I was crushable (~5% with holy shield up) The only boss I put "real" gear on for was Prince.
sbeacher

Postby Kellann » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:19 pm

sbeacher wrote:Calling the shadow priest a "part healer" doesn't make any sense. So if I was judging light on mobs would that make me "part healer" too?

After referring to a WWS from the last time I used a shadowpriest in this manner (halazzi was eating my *undergeared* OT to the extent that he did not survive till we pulled this trick)...

In that case half of the healing the OT recieved was from the shadowpriest. (1:1 with a real healer - granted not full-time)

If the same healing had been applied to me (took more damage being MT) the shadowpriest would have been healing about 1/3 ~ 1/2 the amount the 'real' healer did.

What "doesn't make sense" is you thinking that a shadowpriest doesn't make a difference in healing...Unless you think that a single Holydin somehow healed the entire raid of splash damage on fights like Netherspite/Curator/Aran...
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby sbeacher » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Uhh who cares? You're just arguing over whether it could be technically called a "1 healer" run or not which is fucking dumb.

Here's the webstats. If you break it down, all of us did some healing technically so I guess it was a 10 healer run.

http://wowwebstats.com/b51ndliiq1tw3
sbeacher

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Grats on the accomplishment. Keep it civil guys.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Base » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:40 am

Lol at the guys above saying the Spriest counted as a second healer.

In fact he wasn't even 1/2 or 1/3 of a healer, he was 1/10th of a healer.

Gratz guys great job!
Base

Return to Karazhan