Remove Advertisements

Magisters' Terrace 2nd Boss Vexallus made easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 pm

EvilNuff wrote:Why on earth would a tank ever not have 1h spec? Its fantastic.

Depending on one's opinion of PoJ in the ret tree, one might be choosing between 1HSpec and Reckoning. There are merits to both, even if 1HSpec is pretty much the superior one. I know I had Reckoning while leveling, and only recently swapped to 1H Spec, for example.

Darn our bloated trees, too many toys. :D
Kelaan

Postby Galoheart » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Lookit wrote:
jere wrote:
EvilNuff wrote:
Kelaan wrote:...You lose 1H spec (if you have it)...

Why on earth would a tank ever not have 1h spec? Its fantastic.

He didn't meant they didn't spec it, he meant they would lose its effect.

It only works when a 1H weapon is equipped. Hammer of Righteous Might is a 2H

Evil is referring to where Kelaan said "if you have it".

http://www.wowwiki.com/Seal_of_Righteousness

I actually have this HAMMER! Its why I asked. My 1H is still the Continuum Blade at this point.

Its pretty straight forward question. Would use of such a 2H be feasable to use if a person has it and DON'T have a high spell damage 1H. Given the fact as its said before that Holy Shield seems useless in this particular boss fight and damage nature.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Mishdorf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Kelaan wrote:
EvilNuff wrote:Why on earth would a tank ever not have 1h spec? Its fantastic.

Depending on one's opinion of PoJ in the ret tree, one might be choosing between 1HSpec and Reckoning. There are merits to both, even if 1HSpec is pretty much the superior one. I know I had Reckoning while leveling, and only recently swapped to 1H Spec, for example.

Darn our bloated trees, too many toys. :D

Well I currently run with the cookie cutter tank build with the exception of having 4 points in reconning and only 1 in one handed spec.

At my level of content, with an undergeared guild, 350 spell damage in my avoidance/boss tanking gear is more than enough. Nearly 450 spell damage in my threat set means that I never lose aggro in any of the content I run at the moment. Reconning is far more useful for soloing.

If I was raiding Sunwell I would respec, but until my dps actually gains anything like the ability to pull aggro from me I have no need for the extra threat. The SSO shields and badge gear have made threat issues for the prot pally a redundant issue, at least until late t4/early t5.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby towelliee » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:47 am

We do the following I bring in the same group everytime into H-MGT

Tankadin (me)
Mage
Mage
Hunter
Healer

2nd boss

- 1st 2 flares taken by hunters pet
- DPS him down to 70% quickly
- stop DPS and heal raid
- Mage takes next 4 getting massive heals from healer ice blocks out
- 2nd Mage takes next 2 ice blocks out.
- at 26% we slow DPS get the raid up
- 20% go all out pop all trinkets usually he goes from 20% to 0 in about 5 seconds
towelliee

Postby Squishy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I've only done heroic MGT on my hunter and what I would do is add a line to my spam macro:
/petattack Pure Energy

My Wind Serpent is specced for arcane resist so he can take quite a few with mend pet and help from the healer.
Squishy

Postby Marker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:48 pm

If it starts getting ugly once he overloads, Bubble yourself and BoP a caster. Less strain on the healer. Not that the healer should bother with the tank for the last 20% anyways...
Marker

Postby aardvark » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 am

Marker wrote: and BoP a caster. Less strain on the healer.

Yeah because BoP stops magical damage... ;)
Lorelai - 70 pally
@ Horde - Kul Tiras
aardvark

Postby Fivelives » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:32 pm

BoP drops aggro for the time it's active. It's like a non-selfcast fade.
Fivelives

Postby Mordinm » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Fivelives wrote:BoP drops aggro for the time it's active. It's like a non-selfcast fade.

Not on all mobs. My guild uses a BoP the mage and let them pull on HKM, Illidari Concil and sometimes on Kael in TK. If the mob just spams nothing but a spell it won't drop agro. Besides the BoP sugesstion was for the last 20% of Vexallus who isn't agroed on anyone and is just AoEing.
Mordinm

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:18 pm

BoP doesn't protect through his aoe, does it? it's only against physical attacks. He does arcane and(I think) nature.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby aardvark » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Mordinm wrote:If the mob just spams nothing but a spell it won't drop agro.

Nor do anything else beneficial either ;)

Besides the BoP sugesstion was for the last 20% of Vexallus who isn't agroed on anyone and is just AoEing.

Which, incase my sarcasm earlier wasn't clear, is pretty much a waste of mana and a gcd. :roll:
Since the aoe is arcane(right?) and BoP only protects from physical damage :)

Ofc the psychological effect might be worth it, BoPped caster thinks (s)he is safe and goes nuking happily :P

Incase I've missed something about said encounter and/or BoP functionality, somebody please correct me 8)

*gasp* I've ended every line with a smilie, this line shall break the norm.
Lorelai - 70 pally
@ Horde - Kul Tiras
aardvark

Postby Neara » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:56 pm

The easiest way i have found for the boss is:

1 Tank
2 Meele-DPS
1 Ranged-DPS
1 Resto-Shaman!!!!!!!

As soon as the first two adds spawn, the shaman starts Heroism/Bloodlust. The Meeles kill the adds, one the left, the other the right one. The Shaman spams Chain Healing non-stop on the Tank and the Meeles, everyone does max DPS.
if Every add dies within 2 seconds after it spawns the Boss is down in ~20 seconds and everyone lives
Neara

Postby fizikz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.

there's a debuff the boss puts on you that does arcane damage to you, similar to what the pure energy does, but not the same...
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:57 am

fizikz wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.

there's a debuff the boss puts on you that does arcane damage to you, similar to what the pure energy does, but not the same...
That's logn solved =)
But the debuff I was taking was definitely the pure energy debuff,which is unresistible and undispellable, and the debuff the boss puts on you is dispellable and resistible. Something on the lines of arcane shock or whatever like that.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Marker » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:01 am

My bad, forgot the BoP was physical damage only :oops:
Marker

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics