Remove Advertisements

Soul Charge mechanics

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Soul Charge mechanics

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 am

Just a curious detail: Is the soul charge raid admage a physical attack? One of the warriors got wtfpwned and Arch soul charged, but instead of taking the 3k-ish damage, A white "Parry" popped on my screen O.o
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Soul Charge mechanics

Postby guillex » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:21 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Just a curious detail: Is the soul charge raid admage a physical attack? One of the warriors got wtfpwned and Arch soul charged, but instead of taking the 3k-ish damage, A white "Parry" popped on my screen O.o

Wowwiki wrote: * Soul Charge: When any raid member dies, Archimonde gains a Soul Charge which he can use once at a random time (with an animation looking like the Troll Priest shadowguard ability). Depending on which character class created the Soul Charge, the following effects apply to the entire raid on its use:

Priest, Paladin, Warlock: ~4500 fire damage plus 4 sec silence
Warrior, Rogue, Mage: ~4500 physical damage plus 4 sec damage taken increased by 50% debuff
Druids, Shamans, Hunters: ~4500 nature damage over 8 seconds plus 2250 mana burn

Which is weird, because you said it parried ... Were you in melee range? If yeah, could it be that you parried an attack at or around the same time he charged?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Re: Soul Charge mechanics

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:29 am

Guillex wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Just a curious detail: Is the soul charge raid admage a physical attack? One of the warriors got wtfpwned and Arch soul charged, but instead of taking the 3k-ish damage, A white "Parry" popped on my screen O.o

Wowwiki wrote: * Soul Charge: When any raid member dies, Archimonde gains a Soul Charge which he can use once at a random time (with an animation looking like the Troll Priest shadowguard ability). Depending on which character class created the Soul Charge, the following effects apply to the entire raid on its use:

Warrior, Rogue, Mage: ~4500 physical damage plus 4 sec damage taken increased by 50% debuff
Druids, Shamans, Hunters: ~4500 nature damage over 8 seconds plus 2250 mana burn

Which is weird, because you said it parried ... Were you in melee range? If yeah, could it be that you parried an attack at or around the same time he charged?
naw. I was like at max range. I'm on very borderline gear to tank him so there was no real point to tank him over the other guy. Just cleansebotted from max range.

I did eat a melee hit from him once when we pulled and I was charging to the other side on my moutn(didn't cast anything, just ran through him) and he gave me a pretty 10k hit. QQ mail healing gear.
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:30 am

Well then ... Seeing as the warrior bit the dust, it was a physical damage Soul Charge.

So there's your answer.

The damage depends on the class that dies.

edit:

Depending on which character class created the Soul Charge, the following effects apply to the entire raid on its use:

Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:35 am

The warrior one is physical, i've dodged it multiple times o.o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:38 am

Guillex wrote:
Depending on which character class created the Soul Charge, the following effects apply to the entire raid on its use:

Bit ironic that mages share the same "debuff" boat as melee classes, would make more sense if it was the druids in there instead :s
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:24 am

isn't taht the same make-up of the T6 tokens.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am

No, only first one is.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 am

who cares about the other 6 classes :p

I just hope this week he drops triple conqueror and I get my headpiece... <.<
Bugface is fun but not forever.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Novariety » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:59 pm

wish we were still lumped in with rogues and shamans :(.

On any given raid we would have 2 rogues and the majority of the time just the 1 shaman. We have had upto 4 shammy but the other 3 are pretty casual.

Now I am lumped in with Priests/warlcoks who have between 3-5 of each class at any given raid. Would be ok but these guys are pretty consistant in their availability. On our RSP (dkp) list I am 15th in order for any loot and 11th for T6 :o.

One raid we had 6 pallies, 5 priests and 5 warlocks more than 60% of the raid.
Novariety

Return to Mt. Hyjal