Remove Advertisements

How common is Hammer of Judgement?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Caelus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Worldie wrote:
kalbear wrote:Wow. You call getting 25 people together for 2 hours to do 4 T6 bosses an off-night? And once you get them together, you voluntarily stop at Archi so others can get together and do it?

Wacky.

Once you farm Hyjal for a bit it becomes easier than Karazhan.

Plus, you dont need 25 people to do the 4 bosses. Most of the time we just farm the 4 bosses with 20
Caelus

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:13 pm

kalbear wrote:Wow. You call getting 25 people together for 2 hours to do 4 T6 bosses an off-night? And once you get them together, you voluntarily stop at Archi so others can get together and do it?

Wacky.

Doesn't seem that far-fetched to me....we've done Gruul's/Mag as an offnight activity with alts and friends of the guild, and we're likely going to be hitting up some SSC/TK soon. We've tossed around the idea of an offnight 4/5 Hyjal with a similar arrangement....people are okay with leaving Archi up because the toons that are getting in for the first 4/5 aren't ones that are normally gonna see much (if any) Hyjal. Not that they're terribly geared: what with badge gear, ZA timed loot, etc. it's possibly to do quite well without ever setting foot in T5, but we don't take alts into our main raids as a matter of policy.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tyaera » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:29 pm

The Hyjal fights are each a little gimmicky and once you've beaten them, you're done.

We were expecting huge trouble on Azgalor's trash, but we one-shotted it easily with no deaths first time through. Azgalor gave us more trouble.

Rage: Bring PvP trinkets, and move out of Death and Decay
Anetheron: Spread your healers out and have them communicate their debuffs on Vent
Kaz'rogal: Wear as much SR as you can get away with, have a few shadowpriests and be free with innervates.
Azgalor: Not sure of the trick to beating this guy as we haven't killed him yet.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Salamandra » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Azgalor: Have... a good tank/healers, since Azgalor hits pretty hard. Don't have idiots who stand in rain of fire. Once you get the doom, run off to the second tank and melee (who will either be standing at the taurens or Thrall, I do it at Thrall) and die next to them. Use soulstones & combat resses on those who are doomed.

I would say that Azgalor is harder than the other ones, although as the Doomguard tank I find the boss incredibly easy.

I would also say that Kaz'rogal is the equivalent of Solarian. I've killed Kaz'rogal 9 times (according to another tank who really wants his shield that never drops) and never seen more than 2 people die.
Last edited by Salamandra on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salamandra

Postby Novariety » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:05 pm

Tyaera wrote:Azgalor: Not sure of the trick to beating this guy as we haven't killed him yet.

I am not sure if it is the correct way of going about it but we had our 1st kill last night on this guy.

We had our feral druid tank him just in front of Thrall, we had 2 prot warriors on doomguard duty with melee dps up in the tauren camp (gg on no taurens left as the infernals killed them in the trash waves). Healers and range dps were at max range to avoid RoF (just in front of the tree stump), range who couldn't get max range from RoF were on the side of him down the hill. I chucked on my healing gear to make it 7.5 healers. I made sure one of the warriors was inbetween the healers and the doomguard spot to pick them up as they went for the healers. Only issue we had was at 4% a doomguard got thru before a warrior could pick it up and war stomped the healers and right on the back of that we had a silence, so we had a dead tank. Thrall ended up tanking after Azgalor 1 shotted a few of the dps.

We also only had 2 warlocks so we were very chosy on who got a SS. So other than the 4% mistake it was pretty smooth.

Back on topic only 1 has dropped for us (other prot pally got it :() from an equivilant of about 15 full 8/8 trash waves. Not many of the other epics have dropped either :(.
Novariety

Postby Salamandra » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:10 pm

On the subject of the title: It's dropped about 7 times in 9 full clears of MH. Everyone who has gone in there who really wants it has one.
Salamandra

Postby Cosha » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:55 am

Dropped first time we was there (5-6weeks ago), a pally-healer won the roll and we havent seen it since : (
Retlol in Kamuflasjefylla @ Dentarg
Cosha

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:33 am

Well I've only been to Hyjal twice now. We killed the first two bosses, and wiped on the trash once on the way to the 3rd boss before stopping for the night, and no mace as of yet. I'm actually going to have to wait until another Pally tank gets his before I get mine. Here's hoping it won't be too long.
Ashmadai

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 am

Dorvan wrote:

Wacky.

....people are okay with leaving Archi up because the toons that are getting in for the first 4/5 aren't ones that are normally gonna see much (if any) Hyjal. Not that they're terribly geared: what with badge gear, ZA timed loot, etc.

The raids are mostly made up of:
- Mains who still need drops from the first 4
- Well geared alts
- Some non-raiding members who wouldn't see the content otherwise

So it's not hard to understand why people have no issues with stopping before Arch.

Most of our raiding main still need drops from Arch those almost of of the main-spec helm requirements have now been met.

The only non-helm drop we don't need anymore is Cat's Edge, we are now to the point where the only "main, plate wearer" who still wants one is me and we are going to open up "buy-in" spots for alts to get a shot at one.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:50 am

Salamandra wrote: I've killed Kaz'rogal 9 times (according to another tank who really wants his shield that never drops)

We got our first Illidan Shield before Kaz dropped one of his.
The way things are going we'll have our first Fel Myst shield before we see either of the previous drop again.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:55 am

Novariety wrote:We had our feral druid tank him just in front of Thrall, we had 2 prot warriors on doomguard duty with melee dps up in the tauren camp (gg on no taurens left as the infernals killed them in the trash waves). Healers and range dps were at max range to avoid RoF (just in front of the tree stump), range who couldn't get max range from RoF were on the side of him down the hill. I chucked on my healing gear to make it 7.5 healers. I made sure one of the warriors was inbetween the healers and the doomguard spot to pick them up as they went for the healers. Only issue we had was at 4% a doomguard got thru before a warrior could pick it up and war stomped the healers and right on the back of that we had a silence, so we had a dead tank. Thrall ended up tanking after Azgalor 1 shotted a few of the dps.

We use me on the Doomguards and one ferals or the DPS warrior picks one up if I get a horribly timed silence, which is very rare.

1 Paladin > 2 Prot Warriors
Dragonzbane

Postby Novariety » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:We use me on the Doomguards and one ferals or the DPS warrior picks one up if I get a horribly timed silence, which is very rare.

1 Paladin > 2 Prot Warriors

I will in most likelihood be the doomguard tank (I was, on our 1st 2 attempts but on previous nights) the majority of the time, it just worked out better with me putting on my healing gear and helping with spamming FoL.

Like tonight hopefully we can clear 4 bosses and on Azgalor I will most probably be throwing my healing gear on again as we have another prot pally in the raid and I have a far better set of healing gear than him, so he can pick up the doomguards.

I really hope that the HoJ drops tonight :).
Novariety

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:14 am

Mhmhhh... summer time and everyones going on a "summer break" so no more mh/bt raids for a while... was wondering... how many people do you need to farm rage trash?

Just the trash, don't want to get people saved on rage. Would a 10-15 group of people who do timed runs be enough? Say 2-3 locks, 1-2 mages among them with 3 healers and 2-3 tanks.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:32 am

You get saved when you start the event already, doesn't matter if you kill the boss or not.

However, 6-7 AoE, 3-4 healers, possibly 1 OT, and you can zerg up to wave 6 without issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Salamandra » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:25 am

I'm almost certain that you only see the "You are now saved to this instance" message pop up once you actually kill Rage.
Salamandra

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal