Remove Advertisements

Best way to pick up infernals on Anetheron.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Best way to pick up infernals on Anetheron.

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:21 am

Last week my guild went into Hyjal for the first time and we got to Anetheron, but didn't get him down. I think positioning was the biggest problem, but since I'm going to be tanking infernals I figured I should try to figure out the best way to do the job.

They wanted me to tank them over near Jaina so she would help DPS them, but it seems like that was too far away from the raid, so when a new one was coming down I wasn't able to be in range to use the target/exorcism macro I made to pick them up.
Ashmadai

Postby Base » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:28 am

When he starts casting the infernal the person targetted should have a few seconds to start running towards you - then quick exorcism, JoC and drop a consecrate and he's not gonna be leaving you. I usually give it a few seconds then get the dps to nuke him down.
Base

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:34 am

/cleartarget
/target [nodead] Towering
/cast <spell>

<spell> being either Exorcism or AS.

The Jaina place is the common infernal tanking place, for you can usually have both Jaina and the Ranged DPSing there.
Things to consider:
1: Anetheron targets a person and spends almost 2 seconds on it to cast the infernal. because of this, mods will tell the person that they are targeted.
THEY HAVE TO GO TO YOU! Standing on raid is an excuse to make everyone take unnecessary damage on a very annoying healer check fight.
2: DPSers have no excuse on #1. They can see anetheron casting on them ALL the time.
3: FR gear, while unnecessary, helps. Mandatory if no one will kill the infernal(not recommended)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 am

I ask the raid to try to keep the center channel between the infernal tanking spot and the boss tanking spot clear. That way less people take damage if I need to chase an infernal from someone who is not paying attention (perhaps kiting my own infernal along with me if it's near the end of the fight).
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 am

Last edited by Ashmadai on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ashmadai

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:50 am

Ashmadai wrote:Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll have to tell the dps to pay attention and run towards me. This may prove difficult, because we have some pretty dumb dps in my guild though. =/
dumb dps is dumb. get on line or go away! <.<
Prepare to wipe on supremus, teron, bloodboil, RoS, Illidan, Council, Mother, naj, akama ... They all require the dps to do somethign other than dps.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Hiroko » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:07 am

I tank the infernals with warrior MT, and I do tank them near to where Jaina stands, but not actually close enough for her to engage naturally.

When we started we had problems with infernals running through the raid so we came up with a positioning stragety to avoid it.

MT tanks boss on the path at the bottom of the hill down from the gate.
Infernal kill spot is about where the cart is, nearer Jaina.

Boss is positioned facing down the hill with the melee behind him. Healers and dps form a horseshoe around him so that wherever an infernal spawns they can run to me withough runnng through anyone. Noone but the melee stand behind the boss so that the melee don't take too much swarm damage and so that most of the ranged dps don't need to move to be able to dps the infernal. The only iffy bit is infernals on the melee, but because of the shape I can run towards the boss and drag that one back myself without pulling it over anyone.

All I do to engage Jaina is move a bit towards her with the first infernal, and then she'll stay engaged for the rest of the fight and move more central, giving most people the benefit of her aura.

Killing the infernals before the next spawns helps alot towards picking them up smoother, as you can run towards the next target as they come towards you too. All our ranged dps swap to the infernals once I have them to get them down quickly, melee stay on the boss.
Hiroko

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 am

You also don't have to stand over by Jaina when you're not tanking anything.

Infernal drops, pick it up, run over to Jaina. There's no reason to be out of exorcism range when there's no infernals up.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby dmok » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 am

Lore wrote:You also don't have to stand over by Jaina when you're not tanking anything.

Infernal drops, pick it up, run over to Jaina. There's no reason to be out of exorcism range when there's no infernals up.

except to avoid getting sleeped?
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:29 am

Yeah, the last time I kept getting sleeped. Twice in a row actually as infernals were coming down. Anything that helps with this?
Ashmadai

Postby dmok » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 am

our guild jsut started in hyjal last week after getting bored with TK after only 2 months, but we made it to Anetheron this week. The easiest way we found to get our tank the infernals was to have a MD rotation setup by the hunters and MD to the tank (granted, our tank was a warrior since he's the only one with any form of a FR set from waaaaay back when we were running heroics to gear up for Kara). This was enough to get the infernal to run to him, and still keep him and his healer out of sleep range.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am

dmok wrote:
Lore wrote:You also don't have to stand over by Jaina when you're not tanking anything.

- Stand out of sleep range
- When infernal cooldown is up, run over near Anetheron
- When infernal drops, pick it up, run over to Jaina
- Repeat

If you happen to get sleeped in the ~5 seconds you're in range, DS.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:27 am

dmok wrote:

Eh, if you're REALLY worried, and REALLY want to stay in range, Blessing of Sacrifice your tank.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tyaera » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:31 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
dmok wrote:

Eh, if you're REALLY worried, and REALLY want to stay in range, Blessing of Sacrifice your tank.

Or, since he won't sleep while casting Inferno, wait until he targets someone and begins to cast it, and make a beeline for them.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby ldeboer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:25 am

[quote="Snake-Aes"]/cleartarget
/target [nodead] Towering
/cast <spell>

<spell> being either Exorcism or AS.
quote]

I like that macro much better than the old one I am using that targets off anetheron last target :)
ldeboer

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal