SoB now

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

SoB now

Postby Kayallah » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:03 am

I know there's a gigantic SoB post but I wasn't really clear on the final verdict..

Is SoB good to tank with now (post whatever patch it was that nerfed it).

Leveling up (66 now) SoB is doing more damage (and in return more threat) than SoJ was, will it continue to be more threat or does it scale poorly at some point.

I know it requires using a faster, harder hitting weapon (generally something like the Sun Eater at 70) but I was just curious... Is it still good to tank with?

~Kay.
Kayallah

Postby Nayuriel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:23 am

I'm guessing SoB might do more damage than SoR when leveling because most of your gear probably is warrior style dpsgear, but once you hit 70 and start collecting proper tankinggear the damage from SoB will go down as it scales with ap/crit compared to spelldamage and SoR. Since there's no ap/crit on proper tankinggear, SoR is the better choice of the two since there are ways to mix in some spelldamage into your tankingset.
Nayuriel

Postby Candiru » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:32 am

SoR is only better with a spelldamage sword, if you don't have one then SoB is much better.

But spelldamage sword + SoR > King's Defender + SoB in terms of threat.
Candiru

Postby Kayallah » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:56 pm

Candiru wrote:SoR is only better with a spelldamage sword, if you don't have one then SoB is much better.

But spelldamage sword + SoR > King's Defender + SoB in terms of threat.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you :)
Kayallah

Postby kvark » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:42 pm

interesting thing happened today, I was MT'ing in kara with a dps warrior next to me. And as luck would have it I got gauged and stunned - warrior was downed faster than healers could react.
So I took a tactical change of buffs while I was gauged, putting SoB instead og SoR.

yuppie - SoB's 0.5 sec delayed damage kills gauge :D Obviously - some luck needed - but it mostly did hit when it was needed.
Also considered to blessing of sacrifice someone that was garrotted, but SoB did the trick.
kvark

Postby Candiru » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:43 pm

I always keep SoSac up on my OT for Moroes, means they only ever take one hit and healers don't have to change target.
Candiru

Postby kvark » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:58 am

but do you know if it works on garrotted people ?
kvark

Postby Candiru » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:59 am

Yes it does, but that only ticks every 3 seconds. I find its better to have it on the offtank.
Candiru

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 am

Also as a note .. rank 1 will suffice, save the mana as well as not taking too much DMG off the OT since he can just bandage or get a renew for the single hit he takes without worry anyway.. heh whats the dif in saving 80 and 150 a hit anyway.
Tumeric

Postby Igrado » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:59 am

Well why use 4 when 1 will work. Save the mana :)
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:17 am

Seal of Blood breaking Gouge is pretty sweet.

Now if only a King's Defender or Sun Eater would drop for me.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Chloe » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 am

I use Sun Eater + SoB and I really love it. I plan on continuing to do so until my DPS gears up to the point that I actually have to switch back to Crystal Forged / Stormcaller and SoR it up. Even then though, I'll probably only open with that combo and then switch to SE + SoB after my wings fade.
Chloe

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:30 pm

just on average since you have SE and Sob up for most things can you give me a 100% conclusion on something.. Do younotice a SOB proc increase from JoC? i mean its awesome that SOB can crit but how is it affected by + holy spell damage from JoC as i never see a difference.

Also What is your average SoB proc vs Average SoJ proc?
Tumeric

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:50 am

Tumeric wrote:just on average since you have SE and Sob up for most things can you give me a 100% conclusion on something.. Do younotice a SOB proc increase from JoC? i mean its awesome that SOB can crit but how is it affected by + holy spell damage from JoC as i never see a difference.

Also What is your average SoB proc vs Average SoJ proc?

SoB is not modified by Spell Damage, so JoCr doesn't help it at all. Thus, your best bet is to throw up a JoL or JoW, which is always nice (:

One thing to note is that increasing your attack power will increase the damage out put of SoB procs, so if you have multiple paladins in your raid, have one of them give you might. My Kara group make up includes 3 paladins, my self and 2 healbots (with a priest for cross healing), so I generally have Kings, Light and Might as my buffs. My JoBloods hit for around 500 with 900-1000ish crits. I don't use SoR enough to give you exact numbers but when I *do* use it, I have around 350-400 spell damage on.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free (:
Last edited by Chloe on Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chloe

Postby kvark » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:44 pm

Candiru wrote:Yes it does, but that only ticks every 3 seconds. I find its better to have it on the offtank.

in my case I don't have that option as the offtank is either deaded or we didn't bring an offtank. :)
kvark

Return to Basic Training & Talents