Hex Lord aggro wipe...WAH???

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hex Lord aggro wipe...WAH???

Postby Robbert » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:51 pm

So we're fighting Hex Lord last night and we get all 4 adds down no problem and get dps on the boss. After a set of spirit bolts he picks up priest abilities and shortly after pops his AoE fear. Just as the fear wears off me I suddenly lose aggro on him and he proceeds to run around killing off our healers then dps.

Has anyone else encountered this before on Hex Lord? I'm thinking I was feared into a column or something so when he went to target me I was 'not there' so it wiped all the treat I'd accumulated (roughly 78k threat at that point).
Robbert

Postby Exalt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm

hmm... that might be it (your rationale that is) ... but I've had that happen as well. Wasn't sure at the time what the cause of it might have been, wouldn't it be nice to have the healers stand there...
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Valschic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:49 pm

If he picked up priest powers, then that means you must've had a priest in your raid... why didn't you have fear ward up?

bad priest, imo :P
Valschic

Postby Robbert » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Valschic wrote:If he picked up priest powers, then that means you must've had a priest in your raid... why didn't you have fear ward up?

bad priest, imo :P

Considering this was our 2nd kill on Hex Lord we're still learning how to react to the various class abilities he gets, and priest has never been one of the class ability steals that seemed worrysome.

And no...my wife is a damn good priest.
Robbert

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Cut the priests some slack; they're busier than one-armed paperhangers on that fight.
Arcand

Postby Tyaera » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 pm

it is possible that a DPSer pulled aggro off you, causing you to get MC'd, which dropped all threat

unlikely though, especially if you kill all four adds, you'll have a huge threat lead
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

The only times he has ignored me was when a melee dps was stupid enough to stand in the blue trap and gets us frozen, quick shield/cancle macro and his back on you in less than a second (bubble, cancle, reseal for global threat).
There should be no real "agro wipe" in here unless you got feared into a place where you can't be reached by the boss.

But as someone said, you should have fear ward (casted right before the fight). It is a very hectic fight and priest's have the most to do, so i don't expect to have it when he hits priest spells midway the fight.
Seloei

Postby Robbert » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:51 pm

Tyaera wrote:it is possible that a DPSer pulled aggro off you, causing you to get MC'd, which dropped all threat

unlikely though, especially if you kill all four adds, you'll have a huge threat lead

I had a very clear threat lead...probably double the next person at that point. It clearly wasn't a case of someone simply pulling aggro off me.
Robbert

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 pm

When I first reached him in ZA, getting the forbearance debuff would simply remove me from his aggro table.
I decided to not toy with aw/bubble anymore since then.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Caelus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21 pm

I will lean towards the column explaination because personally I've had camera troubles with the columns. Almost everytime if my back is facing a column and im looking at the boss, my camera will go through the column and everything disappear and it becomes terrain only until I rotate it back the opposite angle.
Caelus

Postby Canuun » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 pm

The same happened to me a few times when I used to bubble out of fears. I could hit the boss as much as i wanted after canceling bubble, but he wouldn't come to me until everyone else was dead. Started making sure FW is up, and hasn't been a problem since. It's an annoying bug, but one you just kind of have to deal with from my experience.
Canuun

Postby Purple » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:53 pm

interesting you say this, the exact thing happened with our pally tank tonight, when the priests ability got stolen and all adds were dead. it was almost a complete wipe because even after getting the aggro back all the dps were running very close on the omen resulting in a wipe. despite him having a huge lead on the boss and never having threat problem before.
It was a great shame because after that everyone started saying 'use the druid tank his aggro is better' and were trying to suggest usuing blinding light flasks to keep aggro. :S

luckily as RL and gf of said pala tank i decided to ignore this and the aggro wipe never occured again. It's just really interesting to see other people have encountered this as we really couldnt figure out what had happened and he got quite down about it :/
Purple

Re: Hex Lord aggro wipe...WAH???

Postby superworm » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Robbert wrote:So we're fighting Hex Lord last night and we get all 4 adds down no problem and get dps on the boss. After a set of spirit bolts he picks up priest abilities and shortly after pops his AoE fear. Just as the fear wears off me I suddenly lose aggro on him and he proceeds to run around killing off our healers then dps.

Has anyone else encountered this before on Hex Lord? I'm thinking I was feared into a column or something so when he went to target me I was 'not there' so it wiped all the treat I'd accumulated (roughly 78k threat at that point).

Fear ward is win. Also I heal in this fight while our warrior could stance-dance out the fear. This is a healing-intensive fight and any extra healing is welcome (and we can bubble to avoid the SB completely).
superworm

Re: Hex Lord aggro wipe...WAH???

Postby Canuun » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:35 pm

superworm wrote:Fear ward is win. Also I heal in this fight while our warrior could stance-dance out the fear. This is a healing-intensive fight and any extra healing is welcome (and we can bubble to avoid the SB completely).

You can also bubble out of the shadow bolts if tanking.
Canuun

Postby arilink » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 am

I got feared there several times when our Hex Lord was a priest.
As it has been stated before your own priests will be busy enough already so this might happen.
However he never lost aggro before until one day when he feared me really close to a pillar.
I guess somehow "into" it so he was on evade (got no real proof however as I was feared but at the beginning of the fear he still followed me).
Right after he run to #2 in threat and so on until everyone was dead.

Something similar happened on the way to Nalorakk at the first 4-man group on the stairs.
My guess there was the whirlwind knockback kicked me on/into a pillar as well. -> Evade -> Mobs zerged to several different people at once. So no overaggro'ing of anyone as Omen's AoE Mode displayed ~ 180% on every mob.

What comes into my mind is Sethekk Halls where you can easily get feared out of the world.
I think that's a general collision detection problem which you can only try to avoid by staying as far away from environmental elements as possible.
arilink

Next

Return to Zul'aman