Remove Advertisements

Kael P4 -> Birds on a rampage!

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kael P4 -> Birds on a rampage!

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Anyone have any suggestions about dealing with the birds on P4?

Here's the history:

Night one: I attempt to kite them around...I honestly didn't do a really good job of having them die in a good spot...dps couldn't get to them intime...before you know it 3+ birds.

Night 2: My "plan" was to tank them up on the stairs as far as from kael as possible. (*if kael was on the left ish I tank on the rightish).
Instead I would got MC'd and as soon as this happened the bird got behind.

Once behind they would die around the same time and even if one dies you still end up being behind. A side problem of having eggs up right around the shield/pyro started creeping in as well one of the attempts.

Anyone what to share how they usually do this? Or have any tips or suggestions?
DeadMilliken

Postby Lucit » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:20 pm

It's been a looooong time since I've done Kael, but from what I recall we'd have our spare tanks pick them up and try to keep them on the left or right side of the stage. Makes it easy enough for dps to switch between Kael and the egg when necessary.

Obviously, DPSing the shield takes priority, so if you do end up missing an egg, make sure your dps helps play catchup before resuming dps on kael. Kael really doesn't have a lot of HP, interrupting pyroblasts and controlling phoenixes is more important.
Lucit

Postby Lowgrus » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:53 am

grab it with a shield and judgement or just a judgement if you dont have shield....

I hope you have boars speed ....

concecrate

run south...

as its about to die run north....

it turns into an egg....

kill it.

its dps/helaers job to get out of the path of those things anyways

save bubble for MC.... bitch out on vent if you dont have a staff buff. and on a side note I think free action potion stops that disorent affect, not sure. but even if you do get disoriented while your kiting the bird just target of target, and say birds commin up get away from it...
Lowgrus

Postby Salamandra » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 am

I tank them on the platform backed up against the Kael statues, so I don't get thrown miles when they explode. I only use JoR to pick them up, since I want to pick them up as quickly as possible, and the JoR damage is easily enough.

I didn't see any great need to kite them at all, since that would just hassle people with unnecessary movement, and the damage you take with no kiting at all is still pretty small.
Salamandra

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 am

Salamandra wrote:I didn't see any great need to kite them at all, since that would just hassle people with unnecessary movement, and the damage you take with no kiting at all is still pretty small.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Tempest Keep