Remove Advertisements

Pulling Olm in HKM fight

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pulling Olm in HKM fight

Postby Talwen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi all! I went to Gruul's for my first time last week, as an off-tank, and ended up dual-tanking Olm with a bear during the HKM fight. The only problem I had was during the pull itself: The raid leader counted down to a simultaneous pull on each of the targets, but I'm not sure what the best way is for me to single-pull Olm. I'm so used to tossing my shield that I'm kind of at a loss... What I ended up doing was using my goblin rocket launcher, but the timing was a bit imprecise, which is not ideal. What do you recommend? I had also thought of running in to Judgement range and smacking him with JoR once the call for a pull goes out, but all the other tanks are standing in their assigned positions, and I'm not sure if I should be sitting tight as well. I had been hoping for a misdirect, but we only had one hunter, and his MD was used for the HKM tank. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!
Talwen

Postby jere » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Umm..just use Avenger's Shield. When the mage casts his fireball to pull the mage, run up to AS range on Olm (making sure aggro has already been established on the mage. Olm will stay in place for a few seconds to summon his first puppy. All the other adds meanwhile will run to their respective tanks due to misdirects or whatever means those tanks have. AS won't chain to anything unless someone didn't pull their target like they were supposed to.
jere

Postby Ocin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:37 am

i like to toss the Decapitor (from Kara...Prince?) axe for that pull. makes it a no brainer
Ocin

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:05 am

Just run in and judge. He does fairly minor damage to anything if you run to him as soon as the fight starts. From there just drag him around.
To keep high threat, you want the second tank to taunt off you when you're feared, then he builds threat and when he's feared you taunt and keep building threat.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby shifttusk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 am

Swiftness potion + JoB
Shifttusk - 70 Hunter Executus 0/20/41
Easylay - 70 Paladin Anetheron 0/49/12
shifttusk

Postby shaak » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 am

yes i had the problem of not being able to garb aggro on olm when we pulled a few times, which caused a few wipes, which naturally i blamed on somone else :P
shaak

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:12 am

you were paired with a druid? let the druid initiate the pull and do what he does (moonfire, charge, wrath whatever) and when he gets feared taunt him off him (30 yard taunt ftw) and build threat. Also, just recasting a seal can sometimes be enough threat to make the ones who have no agro table beeline for you.
Locks should be either banishing or enslaveing the puppies to help with the tanking.

He is major annoying to tank tho, everytime he reaches me and i am halfway through the rotation he fears.
Seloei

Postby Elhadj » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:16 am

shaak wrote:yes i had the problem of not being able to garb aggro on olm when we pulled a few times, which caused a few wipes, which naturally i blamed on somone else :P

LOL
Elhadj

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag