Remove Advertisements

ZA 4 Timers

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Indeed, I think 2 Prot-spec'ed tanks is a DPS drain. I think the ideal tanking set up is Pally MT/Feral OT, but Pally MT/DPS War OT is a decent option too.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:23 am

so heres my question again what spec should the dps warrior be? Solo tank all trash? except the two bears and have him in prot gear?

Will t5/6 prot gear be good enough to eat cleaves and stay up on dragonhawk boss?

Im just really cautious about trying something new becuase our bear mount run group is really flustered right now becuase our last one a couple days ago failed becuase a mob evade bugged out. causing a whipe.One of our t6 hunters didn't repair so as we are hustling to last boss i mean hustingling his bow broke. We failed by about 2 minutes.

I mean even if hunters bow wouldn't have broke that evade mob is what did it overall.

But I do it with a full spec prot warrior at the moment. what ya think? Again just really cautious
Lowgrus

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:29 am

Lowgrus wrote:so heres my question again what spec should the dps warrior be? Solo tank all trash? except the two bears and have him in prot gear?

Will t5/6 prot gear be good enough to eat cleaves and stay up on dragonhawk boss?

Im just really cautious about trying something new becuase our bear mount run group is really flustered right now becuase our last one a couple days ago failed becuase a mob evade bugged out. causing a whipe.One of our t6 hunters didn't repair so as we are hustling to last boss i mean hustingling his bow broke. We failed by about 2 minutes.

I mean even if hunters bow wouldn't have broke that evade mob is what did it overall.

But I do it with a full spec prot warrior at the moment. what ya think? Again just really cautious
Read my first post here? Me tanking basically everything and he doing the secondary tankings. Trash he was in his dps set(cept for bear mounted troll guys), same on bosses where he doesn't really tank. He brings both dps and tank sets. specd into blood frenzy.

I think I solo tank the pair of bears without riders too, they go down insanely fast.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:42 am

Soothe the 2 bears instead of killing them =]

Anyhow, we run with 3 healers and a prot war. badge/za geared dps and we can barely make the timer if we make no mistakes, so far the last 5 runs we got 3.

Tried it with 2 healers (prot war+pala, spriest, resto sham/druid, 2 hunter, 2 locks, elem sham) and we had 8 minutes to spare. Same gear level. Except me+healers are in partial t6.

Bringing a prot war is not a "Waste" since of the massive damage reduction he does on halazzi alone. Ours is in dps gear on trash and tanks one add most of the time.

Timed runs in ZA you either bring insane dps to burn through fast or learn to avoid as much as possible and move as fast possible.
Seloei

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:56 am

Okay so I'd love to soothe those bears if we had a dang good feral druid in our guild. WTB if anyone knows one.

Also I wouldnt' have to worry about the dps warrior having good enough prot gear.

is t5/t6 prot gear good enough to tank the dragonhawk boss as fury? or would i need to tank it and have him pick up adds?
Lowgrus

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:58 am

Lowgrus wrote:Okay so I'd love to soothe those bears if we had a dang good feral druid in our guild. WTB if anyone knows one.

Also I wouldnt' have to worry about the dps warrior having good enough prot gear.

is t5/t6 prot gear good enough to tank the dragonhawk boss as fury? or would i need to tank it and have him pick up adds?
Can't all druids Soothe Beast?
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:05 am

they can but we dont use a druid healer we do holy paladin, resto shaman.

We clear it currently with 5 mintues left on timer, but would like some more cushion. So just seeing what we can change up and stuff to try to break some records and such :D.

Had some issues with an evade bug mob that whiped us and just want to do whatever I can to give us a bigger cushion can't help but thinking if the warrior was specced dps might have made up for that 2 minutes we missed it by. since i can do all the trash pretty much myself ya know.
Lowgrus

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:23 am

any wipe if you are not t6 geared means no bear that time. Fury dps warrior in prot gear spamming shield block might have threat issues more or less, if you do go that way have him TC/whirlwind the adds instead and hope to god dps burns em fast enough when you are on the boss. Never tried it, can't comment for sure what a t5 tank war in dps spec can do.

overgeared warriors can spec into dps instead and tank almost as good, just like you can tank heroics in holy/ret spec. Doesn't mean it's pretty but it is possible.

We don't run with a feral druid also, but a tree hugger or a oomkin can do the same job.

Which makes me wonder, what 2 heal setup would work best with a druid?

Druid + shaman - chain heal spam and druid on tank
Druid + paladin - pala on maintank and druid on raid
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:35 am

"overgeared warriors can spec into dps instead and tank almost as good, just like you can tank heroics in holy/ret spec. Doesn't mean it's pretty but it is possible. " The warrior tanks Jan'Alai while i take on each side at a time, it's pretty darn fine actually, his threat is not much lower than mine, but the little burst warriors have is gone.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:49 am

We actually tried a new way on dragonhawk last night.

We kill the hatchers everytime they pop up. Not a single dragonhawk.

Push boss to 35% right after a bomb phase, and everyone stands in the center.

Pop figurine of the colossus, pop trinkets, avenging wrath, concecrate.

Lots and lots of Aoe. only downside is the stacks build quick. So you need to really go all out, and get the aoe in as quick as possible.

We had 3 warlocks, and they died pretty damn quick. With 2, it would still be possible, and just bubble off the remaining debuffs.

If you wanted to play it safe, let them break some eggs beforehand. But this reduces the eggs to a 10 second phase over the whole fight.

Might even be worth a fire protection potion incase of a badly timed flame breath. The stacks will come up quick, which is why I also use Moroes pocketwatch at the same time.

This will not work unless at least everyone with potential to pull aggro stands in the center. First time, a healer didn't stand in, and dropped like a sack. :P
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Caelus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:53 am

Diocaska wrote:We actually tried a new way on dragonhawk last night.

We kill the hatchers everytime they pop up. Not a single dragonhawk.

Push boss to 35% right after a bomb phase, and everyone stands in the center.

Pop figurine of the colossus, pop trinkets, avenging wrath, concecrate.

Lots and lots of Aoe. only downside is the stacks build quick. So you need to really go all out, and get the aoe in as quick as possible.

We had 3 warlocks, and they died pretty damn quick. With 2, it would still be possible, and just bubble off the remaining debuffs.

If you wanted to play it safe, let them break some eggs beforehand. But this reduces the eggs to a 10 second phase over the whole fight.

Might even be worth a fire protection potion incase of a badly timed flame breath. The stacks will come up quick, which is why I also use Moroes pocketwatch at the same time.

This will not work unless at least everyone with potential to pull aggro stands in the center. First time, a healer didn't stand in, and dropped like a sack. :P

I have heard of a similar strat where you only use a very geared Pally MT. He tanks Jan'alai in the center, kill off hatchers everytime like you suggested and push him past 35% right after a bomb wave. The raid will stand in a semi circle very close to the pally in front of him (to make sure hawks hits him from the front). The Pally MT then pops Figurine and everything he could and tank everything.

I have yet to try this myself (but it sounds fun) because I wouldnt want to mess up the bear loot on an experimental strat.
Caelus

Postby Canuun » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Caelus wrote:
I have heard of a similar strat where you only use a very geared Pally MT. He tanks Jan'alai in the center, kill off hatchers everytime like you suggested and push him past 35% right after a bomb wave. The raid will stand in a semi circle very close to the pally in front of him (to make sure hawks hits him from the front). The Pally MT then pops Figurine and everything he could and tank everything.

I have yet to try this myself (but it sounds fun) because I wouldnt want to mess up the bear loot on an experimental strat.

You're banking on
A) The boss not flame-breathing the tank.
B) The boss not oneshotting anyone as the pally bubbles the debuff off.

Not bubbling until bombs could work, but I would still be antsy with the 10% chance of an instant wipe from the boss flame breathing a tank with 30stacks of the debuff up.
Canuun

Postby Helenia » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:54 am

End-all be-all group for timed ZA:

Group1:

Enhancement Shaman
Fury Warrior
Rogue
BM Hunter
Feral Druid

Group2:

Prot Paladin
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin
Destro Lock
Ret Paladin

3 judgements up on ALL bosses, 2 heroisms, perfectly synergistic melee group, 3 pally buffs.
Helenia

Postby Canuun » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:00 am

Helenia wrote:End-all be-all group for timed ZA:

Group1:

Enhancement Shaman
Fury Warrior
Rogue
BM Hunter
Feral Druid

Group2:

Prot Paladin
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin
Destro Lock
Ret Paladin

3 judgements up on ALL bosses, 2 heroisms, perfectly synergistic melee group, 3 pally buffs.

The ret paladin is going to do terrible dps unless the shaman in g2 isn't dropping WoA, and even then he is missing Battleshout, LotP, and the benefit of twisting from the enhancement shaman. If that's your makeup, I would swap the hunter and the ret paladin, since I think the hunter gets the least out of that group. However, I think dropping one of the people in g1 (rogue or hunter) for another caster for g2 (mage or another lock, or even a shadow priest depending on mana issues) would be even better.
Canuun

Postby Playdoh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 pm

I have been OT on ZA through malacrass and full clears as Holy.

I was having a little bit of mana issues for the birds on the way up to the eagle boss when an idea came to me.

I take the birds as holy or as tank, and don't get enough damage to get SA and run out of mana. Which usually leads to a dps dying. The warrior tank (RL) is still figuring out Paladin Tanks, but I am starting to tank with them.

Reading these forums I actually took a ret pally trick and used it. Going to the eagle boss I will put BoSac on the MT, (have done this 2X now) that way I take more dmg and get a little more mana back from the smaller heals.

It worked out great both days I tried this. I am sure if you are MT you could just boSac on the OT. I didn't have nearly as many problems, because I started taking damage sooner.

One pally buff missing isn't going to hurt anyone on those trash pulls to the eagle boss, and the extra mana is worth it.

On the other trash pulls i seem to take enough damage that it doesn't matter too much.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman