Remove Advertisements

Taunting Nalorakk

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Taunting Nalorakk

Postby Lookit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Anyone else having Righteous Defense fail on Nalorakk?

Here's my situation: I tank troll form, feral druid tanks bear form. After the first bear form, Nalorakk turns back into troll form and I taunt. He does not change targets to me, but my cooldown is still blown. I wait 15 seconds, try again, and the same thing happens.

I thought that perhaps I was using it too soon after the transition, so I tried waiting 3 seconds and then taunting, but had the same result.

I've tanked 7 successful bear runs in the past 7 resets, but the taunt situation on Nalorakk is extremely annoying. The poor druid ends up having to tank the entire fight (except the first troll phase obviously) and I get to feel pretty useless. Fortunately he is a badass tank and we have beast healers, so it's never been a wipe.

I realize I could BoP him, but my understanding is that it woudl send him to the person with the highest threat, which definitely wouldn't be me. For example, if I had 100k threat, a warlock might have 110k threat and not need to worry about pulling aggro because he'd need 130k threat to "pull aggro". But he still has more actual threat than I do, so if I BoP'd the druid, Nalorakk would head for the hypothetical warlock first. Also, I would prefer to save my BoP for if the druid had a mangle going into a bear transition.

Additional information: prior to 2.4, I used the taunt macro that all pallies used. After having trouble with Nalorakk, I though that perhaps the changes to RD were making my macro cause the problem. So I started using RD directly out of the spell book, with no macros. It works great for all other content, but not Nalorakk. At some point, I will start using the new macro that let's you taunt off NPC's easily.

Has anyone else had issues with RD recently? And have any workarounds been found?
Lookit

Postby Caelus » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:50 pm

No problem at all, every taunt on him worked both resets this week.
Caelus

Postby Lookit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Do you use a macro with RD? If so, would you mind posting it so I can see which one it is?

And I tanked him several times with no problems at all, but the last 3 clears literally not one taunt has worked on him.
Lookit

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 pm

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lookit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Oh snap, the worst part is that mine is the second to last post in that thread! :o

Totally forgot about that :P
Lookit

Return to Zul'aman