Remove Advertisements

Help for my MH equipment

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Help for my MH equipment

Postby Infernosaint » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:07 am

Hey there. I'm currently gearing for MH trash, and i would like to get your opinion on what i should go for.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/69941

thats my MH trash set so far.. notice a coupleof blues..

so first of all, with what i have now, would the Auto Blocker trinket be a good choice?? i dont want to buy it, if its just for MH until i get better BV equipment..

Im going for the jungle stompers currently, and then im kinda stuck..

what would you go for? both on the trinket and on the further gear.?
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:09 am

I basically tank hyjal in my MT gear, I just swap in different trinkets, a different helm and boots and I'm generally good to go.

Don't stack BV at the expense of a lot of health or avoidance, you'll need both for the abomination and Necromancer waves.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Infernosaint » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 am

Yeah i know... how about the trinket?? is it worth it?
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby Aenema » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:18 am

Albeit I havent done more in MH than Rage and Anetheron, but I can't say I notice the advantage of BV gear. I prefer my 300ish BV gear with 16k unbuffed health instead. This works perfectly and I havent been in danger of dying yet.

I'd say go for your MT gear and perhaps swap in the Gnomeregan Autoblocker at most.

There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Aenema

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:20 am

Infernosaint wrote:Yeah i know... how about the trinket?? is it worth it?

Yes it's worth it. And gear check/advice questions go in the gearcheck thread, nub.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:22 am

Not to mention the same question has been asked atleast 20 times in various threads. Search is your friend :)

Block value is overrated and only useful for the first 2 "trash waves". on the 3. and 4. boss it's obsolete and you are dead meat probably in it. I had that trinket for a while, but i wouldn't suggest going out to buy it anymore. 300-400 BV is more than enough.
Seloei

Postby Infernosaint » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 am

i've been there.. many times.. doesnt help me..

so here's my MT gear + autoblocker i hope to have when starting MH soon

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/69946

What i dont have yet is:

T5 gloves.
Sundered ring
Determination wristguards.

But we're quite happy with running SSC and TK at the moment.. so therel be time for that
Infernosaint

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 am

I'm going to have to disagree with my fellow Tankadins. I love Block Value in MH.

My last time there we cleared 4/5. I blocked nearly 1200 attacks. http://wowwebstats.com/jmbedyxghprqc?a=x4b9047&s=trash

If you compare my normal set 300 BV to my Block Value stacking 600 BV that's a difference of 360,000 damage less damage taken in the Block Value set.
honorshammer

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:46 am

Honorshammer wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with my fellow Tankadins. I love Block Value in MH.

My last time there we cleared 4/5. I blocked nearly 1200 attacks. http://wowwebstats.com/jmbedyxghprqc?a=x4b9047&s=trash

If you compare my normal set 300 BV to my Block Value stacking 600 BV that's a difference of 360,000 damage less damage taken in the Block Value set.

It's not about ignoring BV, it's more about not stacking to the detriment of everything else.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/69338

498 BV with 49.62% Avoidance and 15k health. That's how I deal with the Trash waves. On a tough waves, the Eye gets replaced with my Commendation of Kael'thas.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 am

Well you've got some options I don't (T5 hat, ZA Shield) but the biggest differnces in my set are

Vambracers over Determination
Devilshark over Slikk's
Unwavering over Inscribed Legplates
7th Ring over Stalwart Protector
DMC:V over Autoblocker
Eternal Rest (Consecration dmg boost) over Divine Purpose
honorshammer

Postby Miyazaki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:10 pm

*everything unbuffed* - I simply keep my MT set on (~16.4k hp, 18.6k armor) my block stats are on only 14.15% // 222 bv in this set.

Can that mean my healers have to heal me a bit more on the easy waves? Yea.

Does that mean I'm more likely to survive the harder waves? Yea.

I'll stick with it.
Miyazaki

Postby Gubb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Alltho I'm a bit passt it now i just recently sorted a gear set dedicated for this :P
And I must say, I love block value. Before blocking 450 or 600 seemed quite worthless for me to bother about, but now that i have the libram from Mother its gettin real fun to stack. Stuff I use is Unwavering over Inscribed, ZA shoulders instead of the BT fishfins, Commendation always on but allso using DMC:V, boots from badges, some rings with BV (eh got millions of different, givf bagspace...)
Compared to my MT set its equal HP or maybe more (Using dodge trink on MT set tho, opposed to 2 sta trinkets), dodge down, block up, sliight armor down, block value up.
The "dieing from abos/necros" problem isnt a gear issue. Necros should not be WTFnuking you to that extent (other tanks or CCed, even get that done when raiding with 1-2 mages and 2 other tanks (which actually is all the tanks we got in guild + me, lol :P)) Abo's kill you with stun. Avoid stun by drinking Free Action Potion, alternatively get them tanked/cced away from you. If not, only gear way to deal with them is stacking sta and armor, and neither aren't really attainable at a "zomg, this is really what I prioritize" ratio. Free action pots 4tw.
Gubb

Postby Lucit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 pm

With the kind of gear that's readily available from badges these days, there's no real reason to gear specifically for Hyjal trash. Sure, you can make yourself run oom by stacking block value... or you can make your healers pay a tiny bit of attention by just tanking in your normal gear. :P
Lucit

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice