TankadinTps - a threat analyzer

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Balsimar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 am

You know what sold me on this mod? I tried it out last night, and it showed me that I was doing an average of 1,856 tps over 105 seconds on Essence of Anger.

Try getting that from a WWS report, which doesn't split the essences up into individual entities. In fact, this even splits mobs of the same name into individual entities.

Excellent addon,10/10 will use again.

(for the record, I am aware that the "2.4" beta version wws reports split the essences properly, but try pasting that into a tps parser and see what you get. )

Edit: If I may make a feature request, a "Report to raid" option that output the name of the mob, length of the fight & average TPS could be nice. Guildies wanted to see my threat on EoA last night, and the c/p from the report window was quite ugly, since it didn't retain formatting.
Last edited by Balsimar on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Balsimar

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:43 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:How is this relevant?

Well.. we all use Omen. Just for our DD so they know when to stop Damage or use Aggro relevant spells (feign death, soul shatter and so on)

So, I think this is a fact, right?

So I have on my hand a 1,83 kb big addon that gives a short print out of my TPS using Omen, which is (in my eyes) the leading TPS addon. On the other hand we have a complete combatlog parser which parses my combatlog (needs cpu power/ram) to give me the same number (+/-10) and a (very nice) summary for improvement.

Wha? Why would we care if you have memory problems? I have 4gb RAM and enough CPU to run 4 WoW at the same time, don't really care about addon size at all, again a completely irrelevant point for most ppl with computers from this century.

It is an analyzer, with history and lots of other possibilities.
Afraithe

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:51 am

Afraithe wrote:It is an analyzer, with history and lots of other possibilities.

That's mean...I can't help it :cry:
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby jere » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 am

Zappi wrote:
@jere it doesn't take any encounter specific stuff into account. You can pause the time / threat record manually, if you want. I think those few seconds of immunity at Najentus are not a big deal. And if you don't do any threat at all, the addon stops all timers after 5 seconds (it assumes another boss phase)

Yep, sorry for the confusion. That is what I meant though. You are able to take encounter specific stuff into account with this addon (the pause feature). Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound automatic. Still, this is much nicer than a WWS would provided if you make use of the pause feature.
jere

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:59 am

Afraithe wrote:Wha? Why would we care if you have memory problems? I have 4gb RAM and enough CPU to run 4 WoW at the same time, don't really care about addon size at all, again a completely irrelevant point for most ppl with computers from this century.

It is an analyzer, with history and lots of other possibilities.

I have 4 GB RAM and 2 Grafikcards, so what? I run WoW at extremly high settings (you know the macro where you can unlock extra stuff to show?) and even with my high-end pc I have only about 40-70 FPS.

Of course I could use lower settings, but why?

The thing is, you don't care, but I do care. I ask does it help me. And a anwer like I don't care is not helping at all.

But hey, just for you: after this, I'm not going to use it. Have fun with that addon.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Korbah » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Just because this addon might not be useful for you, doesn't mean that it won't be useful for others.

This looks like an interesting addon, I'll have to try it out sometime.
Korbah

Postby Aleph » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:12 pm

This addon is exactly what I've been looking for. Great job, thank you! I hope you will continue to fix bugs and improve it.
Aleph

Postby roguearthur » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Question, I just got this mod, and on fubar, it shows, but when i fight nothing happens.. Do I need to be in a group?
roguearthur

Postby Aleph » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 pm

After I save a particular "report" if I log out it disappears. Is there anyway to have it save them between sessions? Also, it seems I can only save one report at a time - any way to save more than one?
Aleph

Postby Zappi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:19 am

@roguearthur if you don't play with your paladin, the addon does nothing.

@Aleph thank you, I've uploaded a new version (0.5) this minute. It should be available in approx. 1 hour at curse

@all Please use Bugsack & BugGrabber and check for some errors, if something does not work as expected
Zappi

Postby roguearthur » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:19 am

Zappi wrote:@roguearthur if you don't play with your paladin, the addon does nothing.

@Aleph thank you, I've uploaded a new version (0.5) this minute. It should be available in approx. 1 hour at curse

@all Please use Bugsack & BugGrabber and check for some errors, if something does not work as expected

I'm on my paladin. do i need anything else to make this work? I have omen and ktm and they both are working, even the addon for tankadin staple is working, just not tankadinTPS.
roguearthur

Postby Zappi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:31 am

try this:

/run TtpsPaladin:TestModifier()

You should see something in your chatframe.

Are you running Bugsack and Buggrabber? They would be helpful...
Zappi

Postby roguearthur » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:06 pm

weird, I got it working, I just redownloaded it. thank you :D
roguearthur

Postby Zappi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:20 pm

You should take version 0.5, it fixes a bug with saving fights.

The file is still queued by curse and needs "approval", they are incredible slow :(
Zappi

Postby Galrond » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Afraithe wrote:Wha? Why would we care if you have memory problems? I have 4gb RAM and enough CPU to run 4 WoW at the same time, don't really care about addon size at all, again a completely irrelevant point for most ppl with computers from this century.

As a consumer, you may be able to afford to have that attitude.

However, don't criticize other consumers for having other attitudes. A developer who wants his creation to be used by as many people as possible REALLY can't afford to have that kind of attitude. This is why blizzard is doing so well; they make products that don't need the latest and greatest hardware. Some people can't afford to buy a state-of-the-art computer every 3 months.

If it's possible to make this mod more cpu/RAM efficient, by all means do so. It'll mean more players can benefit from the mod.

Now, my question is: Is it possible to reset the state of the mod? I accidentally disabled TankadinTPS under its minimap menu and now I can't get it back at all. I've tried reinstalling the mod, I've tried removing the associated files from the WTF folder, and it won't budge. The minimap button doesn't want to come back.
Galrond

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros