Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Splug » Fri May 16, 2008 1:45 pm

Ah, hehe.

Due to human nature, your best three pulls any given night are the first two, and the one declared in advance to be the last. Dice might cause otherwise, but those are the ones 90+% of the raid is fully attentive.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Novara » Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Splug wrote:Ah, hehe.

Due to human nature, your best three pulls any given night are the first two, and the one declared in advance to be the last. Dice might cause otherwise, but those are the ones 90+% of the raid is fully attentive.

-Splug

This is so true. It's basically a law in wow raiding for us.
Novara

Postby Katamai » Fri May 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Worldie wrote:OT
Got em on our 2nd kill toghether with t6 wrist and the hate of all our holy paladins
/OT

I like swapping judgements on this fight, i always start with Crusader (i'm the first on dragon), i judge crusader on what i'm going to tank, but before changing realm i judge Wisdom or Light depending on where melees are.

OT
I was already threatened with no heals if i bid on healing legs + sunmote now that i finally have the DKP after being bled for the shield :X
Ofc they will not do it but i know our holy paladins will pout for a while... still... those legs are worth it :P
/OT

It's the same i do with judgments. If i have Judgment cd up i judge Light when exiting the realm. Every bit helps ;)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby sanctifico » Sat May 17, 2008 3:05 am

Aplus wrote:
Rorshach wrote:Did the Kalecgos fight get changed during the patch?

I had no problems keeping threat on Sathrovarr before the patch. I could hold him off Kalecgos' human form the whole time I was in the shadow realm.

So now, post-patch, I had to taunt Sathrovarr everytime my taunt CD was up because I couldn't hold threat to save my life. Now I'm at a loss as to why this was especially considering I just changed to a new threat spec that includes Sanctity Aura and does 13% more holy damage on demons.

Anyone else have this issue since the patch?

i pop wings, taunt, exorcism, judge, and still seem to lose him almost right away every time. just started serious attempts though so i don't have anything to compare it to.

No problems here.
SoC, Consecrate > Taunt, JoR, Exorcisim > SoR, JoR, HS, Consecrate rotation up. and use exorcisim on cooldown, I havent lost agro yet on any of our tries. (Dont even use wings (keep the cd for those ohshit debuff moments))

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Tarali » Mon May 19, 2008 3:10 am

Tanked him yesterday for the first time, leading to our second kill. Keeping Sathrovarr was very hard for me in the beginning, as I usually raid as holy, and only tank T6/SWP due to a recent shortage of tanks. So I had a hard time, using all the skills while announcing my taunt in TS2 and watching out for the strike.

In the end I ended up with using wings+new jewelcrafter serpent right before the taunt, and then going all out on him, which let me tank him till i got ported out without losing aggro.

For the first few trys I was taking the first portal in order to test my rotation and get some experience with Sathrovarr. In the later serious trys I got to tank the Dragon first, bubbling the debuffs at the time forbereance from wings faded.

OT: The healdin pants aren't that good tbh, as a healer I see them as a minor upgrade over T6, which could cause you to loose the 4pc bonus (which is not really important for SWP, but nice to have). Nothing compared to the ~35 Stamina upgrade for tankadins.
Tarali

Postby sanctifico » Thu May 22, 2008 2:20 pm

I still cant fathom why some people are not able to keep Strathovar off Kalecgos. Oh well mystery unsolved i guess.

Having the raid equip the arcane res trinket (karazhan) is just awesome. two nights of wipes, 3 wipes without trinket. Raid equips trinket, Boss dies..

Kalecgos's (dragon) last attack killed me had 12Stacks of the debuff, warrior taunted, i ran for a portal, warrior lost agro (no idea how) and Kalecgos hit me in the back for 11k (i was on 10.4) i died >> boss died about 1sec later.
None of our healers noticed the dead tankadin until after loot was linked :(

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Worldie » Thu May 22, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm at the moment attempting Kalecgos with the AR tactic. I got the AR back (enchanted with 15 AR), AR trinket, AR boots, AR belt, Tankatronic goggles with 20 AR, and that's about it.

I'm taking kinda same damage as before, but looks like i resist most of the debuffs, seeing the stacks running down is quite cool.

I had however other 2 tanks complaining about Kalecgos overaggroing on Sarthrovarr...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Thu May 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Same aggro issues on Sathovar tonight.

AW+JoCr+Cons+RD+Exo+JoR+SoR resulted in losing aggro just a few seconds after corrupting strike and this time i didn't get CS as soon as i taunted.

I guess i could use more spell dmg but i wouldn't feel very comfortable with replacing the Insignia with Crescent. Replacing the Commendation with DM Card is "bad" enough.

Anyone got any ideas what could be going wrong? (yes, i did have RF up as well as Ret Aura :? )
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Thu May 22, 2008 4:33 pm

I don't really know, i held aggro on demon just fine last week, with just 500 unbuffed spelldamage and my own devotion aura. I don't think that those 3 points in Crusade make so huge difference
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Fri May 23, 2008 2:05 am

I usually go in second. I judge Crusader running up to him (unless the ret paladin is down there), get in position, lay a consecrate, announce on vent I'm taunting in 2..1.. while doing holy shield. Then Taunt/judge/exorcism/renew consecrate. I've only lost aggro once this way to a knockback which interrupted my rotation.
Elsie

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:51 am

How do you all avoid the melee DPS not getting face-blasted by the Spectral Blast? For most of the inght last night we had 5-6 melee DPS plus 1-2 tanks attacking the dragon, and any time a melee got targeted, someone died. We split the 2-3 rogues onto Kalecgos's left leg, and myself (ret paladin) and the enhancement shaman onto his right leg. If there was an extra tank in the dragon's realm, he would be on the right leg with myself and the shaman. At one point, the shaman was in the dragon's frontal arc causing parries and I was taking tail whips, and we *still* got each other blasted.

How do you arrange the melee?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Vandril » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:35 am

Just before the next portal your melees disengage and split up with enough space between them. Kalecgos isn't a DPS race so they don't need to be always in meleerange.

Once everyone was in the spectral realm, its always the same rotation so the melees can stick to kalecgos till it's their turn.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:09 am

We place melees like on najentus, 2-3 near one leg and 2-3 near the other leg.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 am

Worldie wrote:We place melees like on najentus, 2-3 near one leg and 2-3 near the other leg.

Yup, that's how we had it. It resulted in at least 1 melee death every time a melee got portaled. Are your healers just simply made of awesome and full of win, Worldie? Or should I be more vigilant and make sure to heal/pot right before every portal before I get Spectral Exhaustion?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:22 am

Melees are trained to use their healthstones and HP potions.
There's also the odd melee death, happens sometimes.
All rogues CoS their debuffs after 20 seconds, warrior goes def stance, i don't know what the shaman does :P

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau