TankadinTps - a threat analyzer

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 am

Found:

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/12336/

This simple mod grabs your total, gross threat from the Threat-2.0 library(the engine behind Omen) and divides that number by the seconds spent in combat. Upon exiting combat, the result is dumped to your chat frame for you to see. Threat is total threat vs all known targets.

This requires you have Threat-2.0 installed. If you have Omen installed, you allready have Threat-2.0.

Works very very well. As Omen is updated / fixed every day. Sometimes 4-5 times a day this works very good for me.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 am

I dont think omen has been updates in at least a week, if not two.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:00 am

Omen updated: 49 minutes ago

I'm not kidding, it is updated more then once a day..
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby dmok » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:19 am

when I downloaded it yesterday, it hadn't been updated in 2 weeks
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Maethoriel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Omen updated: 49 minutes ago

I'm not kidding, it is updated more then once a day..

Most updates are due to libraries.
Version: NAME-rX.Y.zip
X is the major number, incremented when "NAME is updated".
Y is the minor number, incremented when a librarie is updated which NAME uses.
Maethoriel

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:26 am

Yes, Threat 2.0 has not been updated the last 7 days. But at the beginning of a patch it is updated many times.

I would just stick with omen. Some very very smart people are updating this for month now. Why re-inventing the wheel? Omen works very well.

I just want a summary at the end on how much TPS I did. That is all. I don't want another combat log parser for something that I already have..
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Afraithe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 am

How is this relevant to this thread?

This is a Threat Analyzer, that sounds rather nice to me, it's good to be able to see where my threat mainly comes from in various encounters, party setups and buffs.
Afraithe

Postby Afraithe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 am

Question, do you store the "results" in calculated values or seperate?

If you store them seperate, I can think of a few cool features, such as checking your threat if you had removed your +SD weapon buff, or Windfury Totem etc etc

Given enough samples in the stats, you could REMOVE +sd buff and add WF buff to a data section and compare threat.

Now THAT would be cool.
Afraithe

Postby Zappi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:59 am

If "calculated" means (damage done * threat modifier), then I save them as calulated values.

You can retrieve the original damage value easily, as long as you don't change threat relevant buffs (salvation, rf) in fight.

I have plans to add a function to play around with spelldamage, hit, expertise and see what thread you would have generated - but it will take some time.

@Sarkan-ZdC: ThreatLib takes encounter relevant things like threat resets into account. You can't take this threat value and divide it by time.
Zappi

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:35 am

Perhaps something like the TankPoints addon that has that calculator where u can input values and see the results on your avoidance, something similar but for threat would be really nice.
Afraithe

Postby Yadard » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:39 am

Tried this last night in MH. I was honestly amazed by how much of my threat is apparently generated by PoM. Values seem reasonably consistent with Stapler, but I've not uploaded the WWS for analysis yet. I like it so far

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:04 am

Afraithe wrote:How is this relevant to this thread?

This is a Threat Analyzer, that sounds rather nice to me, it's good to be able to see where my threat mainly comes from in various encounters, party setups and buffs.

How is this relevant?

Well.. we all use Omen. Just for our DD so they know when to stop Damage or use Aggro relevant spells (feign death, soul shatter and so on)

So, I think this is a fact, right?

So I have on my hand a 1,83 kb big addon that gives a short print out of my TPS using Omen, which is (in my eyes) the leading TPS addon. On the other hand we have a complete combatlog parser which parses my combatlog (needs cpu power/ram) to give me the same number (+/-10) and a (very nice) summary for improvement.

If you don't need that. I'll just point out this light-weight alternative. I'm not going to use a TPS Addon if I can just use WWS + http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/

I can just check this out offline and look at this from all angles. Week againt Week. Boss against Boss and so on.

@Sarkan-ZdC: ThreatLib takes encounter relevant things like threat resets into account. You can't take this threat value and divide it by time.

Ahhh... you're right. Totally forgott about this.. hmm... but WWS + http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/ should to the trick (offline, after the raid of course, not ingame)

Hmmm.. tempting.. I'll give it a shot next Black Temple
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby jere » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:25 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:

Ahhh... you're right. Totally forgott about this.. hmm... but WWS + http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/ should to the trick (offline, after the raid of course, not ingame)

Hmmm.. tempting.. I'll give it a shot next Black Temple

The site you linked is indeed very good. It doesn't do the same thing however. For comparison:

Omen - Instantaneous/short duration TPS calculations
RehFeld - TPS over the entire fight (total threat/total time)
This addon - TPS over the entire fight, but with calculations taking fight mechanics into consideration.

It's a small difference, but a notable one. For example, take the Najentus fight. Rehfeld will give you a TPS value that is way below what it actually is since you spend a decent portion of the fight whacking at an immunity bubble. This will skew the WWS threat parser results. If this addon works correctly, it is supposed to take things like that into account, giving a slightly better picture of your average TPS.
jere

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 am

Ok, but what is my real advantage?

Omen, I see (depending on the update / sek) a wild number for TPS and a more important total threat (and most important it shows the whole raid with the limits (+10% for Melee, +30% for Ranged).)

If you have a combat with specific aggro reduce mechanism it will take them into account. For instance kicks with -30% Total Aggro (which will give you negativ tps for some secs *g*)

This little 1,87kb Addon I found on curse-gaming.com gives the average TPS for the total combat time (Total threat calculated by omen / total combat time). For Al'ar if I have to wait for Adds P1 or Lurker if you kill the adds to fast and so on it will show combat/offcombat time together for a lower number.

-> But for comparison week to week it will do. I anyhow do not have time during raid to really check the number. I'm tanking & I'm leading a raid. If I see in MH after wave xy the number 1.100 TPS and 2 DD died, I know I have to step up next wave to get more threat out.

Of course I would like to have

For total threat without machanisms that reduce I can use WWS + Webpage to analyse after the raid is over.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Zappi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:51 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Ok, but what is my real advantage?
For total threat without machanisms that reduce I can use WWS + Webpage to analyse after the raid is over.

As I wrote in my first posting, this addon is "like WWS parsing". I don't use WWS stats, so I developed this addon.

If you prefer it the other way, don't use this addon.

@jere it doesn't take any encounter specific stuff into account. You can pause the time / threat record manually, if you want. I think those few seconds of immunity at Najentus are not a big deal. And if you don't do any threat at all, the addon stops all timers after 5 seconds (it assumes another boss phase)
Zappi

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros