Remove Advertisements

Leotheras Transitions

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby daier » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:41 pm

I remember doing this fight a month or so back before the holiday break in my guild's raiding schedule, and when we came across the point where our warrior MT couldn't kill his inner demon, we fixed that last week. 2 Prot Paladins are on Leo in human phase.

Just gotta say, seeing double Captain America's in damn near perfect synch from opposite angles is pretty amazing to make sure threat gets locked in on one of us. And if that doesn't work, Judgement of Blood---sorry alliance. :twisted:
daier

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 am

Would someone refresh my memory on the mechanics on SoB? It sounds like its miss rate is much lower, which would certainly be a boon to tanks in this fight, but i know it generally hits for a good chunk less than SoR. Is there a clear advantage to using SoB over SoR as the Human form's MT?

Would another option be to have the backup tanks (we run w/ 3 well geared prot pallies and usually 1 war) using SoB while the MT uses AS+SoR for the WW transitions?

Same setup minus AS for demon transitions?
Chunes

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:02 am

Chunes wrote:Would someone refresh my memory on the mechanics on SoB? It sounds like its miss rate is much lower, which would certainly be a boon to tanks in this fight, but i know it generally hits for a good chunk less than SoR. Is there a clear advantage to using SoB over SoR as the Human form's MT?

Would another option be to have the backup tanks (we run w/ 3 well geared prot pallies and usually 1 war) using SoB while the MT uses AS+SoR for the WW transitions?

SoB is melee elemental, I think. Bypasses anti-magic protections and deal holy damage.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:24 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Chunes wrote:Would someone refresh my memory on the mechanics on SoB? It sounds like its miss rate is much lower, which would certainly be a boon to tanks in this fight, but i know it generally hits for a good chunk less than SoR. Is there a clear advantage to using SoB over SoR as the Human form's MT?

SoB is melee elemental, I think. Bypasses anti-magic protections and deal holy damage.

Translation: The Judgement never misses, so it is a guaranteed pickup if your DPS actually stops DPS like they are supposed to :)
jere

Postby Chunes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:41 pm

we managed to get our first kill on Leo last week not using JoB for the transitions. Having two paladins just AS+JoR aggro fight worked extremely well. We also had 2 hunters on a MD rotation on me for demon transitions. Consecrate+JoR was more than sufficient to grab aggro after demon phases if MD was not up.

Searing totems also helped a bit when things got really messy during the 15%-0% phase.
Chunes

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern