Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Sat May 17, 2008 4:47 am

sanctifico wrote:Sheer cannot be Missed, so your druid would need 103% dodge to not get hit by it- To my knowledge 103% dodge/miss/parry is only obtainable by rogues atm (rogue MT Shazrath without taking a hit (google it)) but if you remove miss they only have 90% avoidance.

Paladins are nice for the fight, but if your warrior knows how to play its a non issue.

Putting a druid on it is a sure fire way of a wipe in P1.

In fact they need 101.8%, not 103%.

Has been done already.

In fact, a druid or rogue don't really need to be immune to Shear, since as long as they are unhittable, even if they get Sheared, they won't get hit at all after it, so where's the problem? :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rorshach » Sat May 17, 2008 4:50 am

I successfully progression tanked our first Illidan kill on our 4th night of tries with the Faceguard of Determination (badge helm only slighty better than T4 helm), Hammer of Judgement, Kaz'rogals shield, Akama bracers and T6 gloves. Everything else was TK/SSC loot.

Luckily I was the tank all along on the fight even though our warrior had slightly better gear but he actually realizes the difference in our block charges (same reason I tank Teron over him) and knew that I was the better choice.

Plus at the time due to my FR gear taking over all the T6 equivalent gear I had I couldn't threat worth crap on the flames so that was out of the question.

So, in further agreement with everyone above, yes your warrior is an imbecile. Don't tell him that though, it's our secret!
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Spokish » Sun May 18, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm sorry i didn't get it all. The paladin can avoid shear ? How does it work ? once you have 101.8% esq/par/bloc Illidan doesn't cast shear or you just simply are not affected by it ?
Spokish

Postby Worldie » Sun May 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Shear does not apply the debuff if it's parryed, dodged or blocked.

So as long as a Paladin can get 101.8% parry+dodge+block any Shear casted by Illidan won't affect you.
That's exactly like it works for any other classes, just warriors have it easy mode due to 75% free block.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Spokish » Mon May 19, 2008 12:37 am

Thanks for your answer. But you got me confuse a little more ;D

Worldie wrote:That's exactly like it works for any other classes, just warriors have it easy mode due to 75% free block.

If wars can bloc it too, we have no advantage on this fight over wars then. . . ?
Spokish

Postby Levantine » Mon May 19, 2008 12:48 am

Holy Shield
8 Charges
10 Seconds

Shield Block
2 Charges
5 Seconds

We don't have to monitor when we use ours (anywhere near as much), and thus we take a crapton less damage overall.
Levantine

Postby Tekkel » Mon May 19, 2008 3:00 am

Well I tanked him last night when the warrior was awol and I can feel the miss of some items. No bracers and belt from BT prevents me from actually equipping a stamina trinket and had to downgrade a few pieces to reach the 101.8 marker.
Was only running 61% avoidance and 21k armor with scrolls and armor pots and it fellt squishy. A mere 20k hp because I lacked commanding shout and warriors not doing much thunderclap meant a streak of 2 mainhand hits and 1 offhand would kill me without healing. the ardent defender raidwide warning is pretty fun though. It actually procced once on the start of the fight when I took a few hits in a row and the healing wasn't there yet. Took a total of 2 shears that landed when I was actually moving him away from a patch. Maybe he ate all my HS charges but I can't really remember since I survived it and didn't check logs after :)
At least I ate less shears on a whole evening then our MT and survived them.
Offcourse I had to hear I was harder to heal because I took a few bad streaks with 2 mainhands and 1 offhand hitting in a row but being a bit worse geared, lacking the improved imp, commanding shout and thunderclap probably makes up that difference.

Overall spend most of the night wiping in p2 with a new flame tank and p4's weren't going the way they should because a bunch of dps was allready inspecting the floor by then.

Overall nice to feel that u can tank Illidan and proving people in the guild that u don't need a warrior for it :)
Tekkel

Postby Tekkel » Tue May 20, 2008 8:24 am

And down :)
Tekkel

Postby Rhinehard » Tue May 20, 2008 11:20 am

I also tanked Illidan for our first kill on 5/18.

I had issues with shears our first two nights simply cause I didnt have the gear I needed to hit 102% avoidance. I acquired several upgrades and only had 1 issue with a shear due to missing my rotations once.

All in all, not hard at all from a main tank perspective. I used stoneshields, seeds, and my trinket for the HP buff.
Rhinehard

Postby Kikiel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:42 am

Tekkel wrote:Well I tanked him last night when the warrior was awol and I can feel the miss of some items. No bracers and belt from BT prevents me from actually equipping a stamina trinket and had to downgrade a few pieces to reach the 101.8 marker.
Was only running 61% avoidance and 21k armor with scrolls and armor pots and it fellt squishy. A mere 20k hp because I lacked commanding shout and warriors not doing much thunderclap meant a streak of 2 mainhand hits and 1 offhand would kill me without healing. the ardent defender raidwide warning is pretty fun though. It actually procced once on the start of the fight when I took a few hits in a row and the healing wasn't there yet. Took a total of 2 shears that landed when I was actually moving him away from a patch. Maybe he ate all my HS charges but I can't really remember since I survived it and didn't check logs after :)
At least I ate less shears on a whole evening then our MT and survived them.
Offcourse I had to hear I was harder to heal because I took a few bad streaks with 2 mainhands and 1 offhand hitting in a row but being a bit worse geared, lacking the improved imp, commanding shout and thunderclap probably makes up that difference.

Overall spend most of the night wiping in p2 with a new flame tank and p4's weren't going the way they should because a bunch of dps was allready inspecting the floor by then.

Overall nice to feel that u can tank Illidan and proving people in the guild that u don't need a warrior for it :)

Did you guys have a warrior tanking one of the fire adds? If you did then you should have him keep CS and Tclap up for you. It wouldn't be a problem having him in the same group as you either since you would be able to put up FR aura for the fire tanks in P2 as well.
Kikiel

Postby Lucit » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am

Kikiel wrote:Did you guys have a warrior tanking one of the fire adds? If you did then you should have him keep CS and Tclap up for you. It wouldn't be a problem having him in the same group as you either since you would be able to put up FR aura for the fire tanks in P2 as well.

Heh, a few months ago we had an app warrior who would tank flames (usually by running from a safe spot into a laser for a few wipes) who, once we actually made it past P2 without him dying, simply could not keep demo/TC up on Illidan.

:sigh:

Recruiting a good prot warrior for M'uru, pst?
Lucit

Postby Doktah » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:46 am

My guild took down Illidan last night on the 2nd week of attempts on him. We have a war and druid tank the flames and myself, I got the luxury of sitting outside waiting for a dang spot. No one died but I hear it was awesome as heck. Took about 5 tries last night to finally kill him. Would have done it sooner but another pally DI'd someone by accident.
Doktah

Postby Tekkel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:17 am

Kikiel wrote:Did you guys have a warrior tanking one of the fire adds? If you did then you should have him keep CS and Tclap up for you. It wouldn't be a problem having him in the same group as you either since you would be able to put up FR aura for the fire tanks in P2 as well.

We only have 1 prot warrior and he tanks illidan when he's around. So no war tank on the elementals. And dps warriors are bitching they need to keep sunders and demo up allready when the prot war aint around. I only get TC when our ms warrior is around.

Although we've dropped to 3 tanks now so i'm very unlikely to tank illidan again unless we get a new flame tank :)
Tekkel

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:20 am

Tekkel wrote:

We only have 1 prot warrior and he tanks illidan when he's around. So no war tank on the elementals. And dps warriors are bitching they need to keep sunders and demo up allready when the prot war aint around. I only get TC when our ms warrior is around.

Although we've dropped to 3 tanks now so i'm very unlikely to tank illidan again unless we get a new flame tank :)
Real fury warriors usually are so threat capped that stopping to do TC isn't a loss :|
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Eender » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:58 pm

That's totally dependent on your tank... We have fury warriors that can carry 2k +dps and not be worried about pulling threat. Our warrior and druid tanks put out stupid TPS tho to a point where I can't really compete. Thus, I have never had the opportunity to tank this guy : (. I'm stuck as holy for pretty much everything except M'uru and Felmyst.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple