Remove Advertisements

Kara Mayhem II

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So, what should be done about this insanity?

Stick it out til the end, it'll come...eventually.
66%
Screw it, the Pocketwatch is good, but not that good.
34%

Total votes : 35

Kara Mayhem II

Postby Precio » Sat May 31, 2008 11:21 am

So, does anyone remember the story of the Paladin that didn't get his Pocketwatch because he went DPS spec for 1 simple Kara run. Well that's me. Funny as it seems to you, the greedy loot whoring Warrior got the Pocketwatch, and left the guild 2 weeks later. Our guild was just getting into 25 mans, and he had gotten badge gear and was apparently "Elite". I knew there was a reason I didn't like him, apart from the fact that he was a gear whore and pushed to guild to stay up later so he could get Netherspite shoulders, and that he would call disenchant on leather and mail gear even if I wanted it. He believed that Plate wearers should only use plate. ? Retarded mind set.

Anyway, 4 weeks later no pocketwatch.

I don't have time to raid all the time, I can do 2 raids a week. I'm currently doing Kara & ZA. Now should I just forget the Pocketwatch and do 25 mans, or be patient and wait til it drops again.

I am well aware that this post is somewhat a QQ post, but hey who cares.
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Kelaan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Le QQ is strong with this one. ;)

You might consider doing Gruul/Mag for one of the days, and then KZ for the second. That said, there ARE some nice upgrades in ZA, which add up (I blieve?) to more added avoidance than what the pocketwatch has. I'd have to check the exact gear though to be sure.

Still, 20 badges. Tempting.
Kelaan

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Go ahead with 25 men, you can live without it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aeran » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:25 pm

if you're the type who is going to let it nag and eat at you (which you appear to be by this post, not judging, I'm the same way), then I would stick it out in Karazhan. Please remember the lesson you learned from this warrior and don't be a douche to others like he was to you
Aeran

Postby Cosmoz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:00 pm

I have the Pocketwatch, but I yet have to use it >.< been in my bags for a feew months now. I prefer stamina in almost all cases.
Cosmoz

Postby Precio » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Not to make this a "Gear Advice" thread. What do you suggest I use instead? AND KZ & 25 man or ZA & 25 man?
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby uke » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:09 am

Precio wrote:Not to make this a "Gear Advice" thread. What do you suggest I use instead? AND KZ & 25 man or ZA & 25 man?

I'm a stamina whore, and currently sporting Darkmoon:Vengeance + Goblin Rocket Launcher (or poultryrizer if gnome engineer). Though my gear lets me be uncrus/uncrit w/ 2 stamina trinkets equipped.

You could also run H-Mgt until the Commendation of KT trinket drops. It's like a stamina + auto-mini-Moroes Watch trinket all in one.

There's always Dabri's Enigma (quest reward, 30 def rating + lotsa block rating on use), or Adamantite Figurine (2nd boss SL, def rating + 2000 armor boost on use) for mitigation and avoidance.
uke

Postby Afraithe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:19 am

The pocket watch is the most overpowered item in the game, it gives you a 10 second bubble, I use it all the time in Sunwell on Brutallus, when moving 30 skeletons on Felmyst etc.
Afraithe

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:25 am

Afraithe wrote:The pocket watch is the most overpowered item in the game, it gives you a 10 second bubble, I use it all the time in Sunwell on Brutallus, when moving 30 skeletons on Felmyst etc.

This is enough to tell me that its worth waiting for, I have seen it drop twice, once I passed as it was a bigger upgrade for my Feral Druid OT and the second time I was on a different character so it went to the other Feral Druid OT. It has dropped twice in 6 months.

I still intend to get the pocketwatch, I too can only raid twice a week, I consider the pocketwatch a must have addition to my gear and as such will not rest until I have it.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby guillex » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 am

Get it. Seriously.

It will drop again, no doubt.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Mizak » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:17 am

Stick with it.

I can sympathize with you a little. When I first hit 70 and was doing REGULAR instances, I must have ran Steamvaults over 20 times.....and I never got the cape. In fact, I never even saw it drop even once. GG RNG!

I finally got Moroes' after my 8th Kara run last week; I have never seen his plate belt. I still have never seen the bracer drop from Attumen, nor the necklace piece from Maiden after those 8 runs. I got Maiden's gauntlets after my 5th kill. I've seen Wyrnn's leggings drop like 4 times.

So keep at it, Karazhan is still one of the best sources for badges so it's still worth going, and eventually you'll get your pocketwatch. Best of luck!
Mizak

Postby Salamandra » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:37 am

I've done full clears of Kara probably around 30 times... I've never even seen it drop. Same with Maiden's necklace.

Although I've tanked every boss in KZ, ZA, GL, Mags, SSC, TK, MH and up to Gurtogg in BT and have yet to encounter a time when I felt like I'd actually use it.

Mizak wrote:I finally got Moroes' after my 8th Kara run last week; I have never seen his plate belt.

That belt sucks anyway.
Salamandra

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:01 am

Random drops are random.

I saw the Pocket watch drop twice on all my kara runs on my Warlock (well past Exalted.)

Now that I play my tankadin, I got the pocketwatch on my first kara run, 2 of the pally healers in my guild have it, a fury warrior has it, all of our feral druids have it and 2 of our prot warriors have it. In fact I think this week and last week are the only two runs I can remember where it didn't drop.
antiy4ho0

Postby Petrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 am

We seem to always get Signet of Unshakable Faith and the Idol of the Avian Heart, but my guild has only seen three pocketwatches. I passed the first two (one to a feral who left the guild two weeks later... I was pissed) and once to the prot warrior who had a dps trinket. The third time it dropped it was me and our Feral OT, but I outrolled him and took it because he's an alt, I'm a main, and I've passed it twice already.

It's worth the wait. Was at least four months between the last one and the one I got two weeks ago. Besides, do Kara for all those badges you can get!
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:46 am

Where's the "why is this thread a poll" option?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Karazhan