Remove Advertisements

Kaz'Rogal Trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kaz'Rogal Trash

Postby Dariok » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 am

Long time lurker here. You guys have helped me in the past to become a decent pally tank, and I am hoping you can help me here.

We have been in Mount Hyjal for a few weeks now and we are making our Kaz attempts now (first shot we got him to 30%). The problem wasn't the boss soo much as the trash. Here were a few problems that I saw:

1. How do you handle the Gargoyles? We have tried to round them up, but our hunters only come down with 1 or 2 at a time. We normally kill the other trash and then start on the gargoyles, yet when we get there, we waste most of our time single targeting them because they are too spread out for AOE.

2. Necromancers: We tried to AoE the necromancers, but the Pally tank (was a good tank, now it is me) kept dying on pulls with Aboms and Necromancers. Should we sheep these guys, and rely on the single target to take them down?

3. Not really for Kaz'Rogal trash but how are infernals and felhounds best handled?

Thanks for reading!

Dariok, Argent Dawn
Dariok

Re: Kaz'Rogal Trash

Postby jere » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 am

Dariok wrote:Long time lurker here. You guys have helped me in the past to become a decent pally tank, and I am hoping you can help me here.

We have been in Mount Hyjal for a few weeks now and we are making our Kaz attempts now (first shot we got him to 30%). The problem wasn't the boss soo much as the trash. Here were a few problems that I saw:

1. How do you handle the Gargoyles? We have tried to round them up, but our hunters only come down with 1 or 2 at a time. We normally kill the other trash and then start on the gargoyles, yet when we get there, we waste most of our time single targeting them because they are too spread out for AOE.

2. Necromancers: We tried to AoE the necromancers, but the Pally tank (was a good tank, now it is me) kept dying on pulls with Aboms and Necromancers. Should we sheep these guys, and rely on the single target to take them down?

3. Not really for Kaz'Rogal trash but how are infernals and felhounds best handled?

Thanks for reading!

Dariok, Argent Dawn

1. We typically have myself and some melee dps kill the ghouls that come at front while the rest of the raid goes back to dps the gargoyles. At 20 seconds till the next wave, everyone moves back to the front, which makes the gargoyles that are left over follow. We do the next wave, cleaning up gargoyles as we have time.

2. We have a warrior tank stand in front of me to get proximity aggro. He pops a rage potion and uses spell reflect to get aggro on the necros. I lay a consecrate at his feet, pop a free action potion, and taunt off of him. This usually nets me all the melee plus a caster or two. Other tanks start picking up aboms off of me so they don't own me after the FAP wears off. We typically single target dps the necros, sheeping any troublesome ones.

3. You can AoE tank the felhunters no problem. For infernals, we CC the ones upfront and kill the ones near the NPC's that we plan to use on the boss fight.

However, there are many ways to do this. This is just the way it works for us.
jere

Postby Dariok » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:18 am

Thanks alot, I appreciate it, and it helps.
Dariok

Postby Heironeous » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:56 am

The infernal waves I switch to FR gear and they round them up for me. So I usualy tank about half the infernals and the ghouls and we CC the rest till the first section is dead, then we pull em over for round 2.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:06 am

On infernals every other tank we have goes and rounds up as many as they can and tanks em, the rest are cc'd and i tank the melee in front + any infernal which lands in exorcism range.

On garg waves we leave the melee dps + me at the front and everyone else runs up and shoots down the gargs. Anyone who has a ranged silence, silences gargs to the ground so other tanks can grab em. The first garg wave on kaz trash takes a lot of time and most of the times, you won't get them all dead before the next wave comes but after the only-melee wave comes, you will have atleast 1-2 minutes left over after their dead to handle with the leftover gargs.
Any other garg waves you single target nuke them down while the pala+melee take the front.

Fel hunters i just aoe-tank with wisdom judged/sealed and pop wings + holy wrath at start for higher agro. Only rogue/war/druid's stay near them to rip em apart and the rest focus on the infernals/gargs. Unless your dps is stupid, they swap between targets to not overagro you. If they do we have a rule "If you outthreat a tank on multiple trash, you tank it". It's just press tab once and you get a fresh "go balls out" mob, they all have to die anyway...
Seloei

Return to Mt. Hyjal