My first time in Gruuls as Prot.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

My first time in Gruuls as Prot.

Postby Xanzel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:01 am

So I have been to Gruuls one time before while trying to gear up. But the guild wanted to take me as ret. So I pulled a quick respec and joined them. I have done a bit of gearing up from that time including both peices of T4 from that run! :D Last night we were a bit short on tanks and the GM wanted to bring me in for a go at it. I was told to take Blindeye. Everyone was a bit edgy from people making dumb mistakes before we could even pull. (hunter pets being sent in and stealth rogues getting too close) So for the first pull the I ran in to pick up my target and before I got to him he pulled off a heal. This is when the GM and all of the other tanks started to tell me how to stance dance and intervene :x I had to explain to them that pallys don't work like that. We have 7 in the guild the rest are ret and holy. So by the time it was said and done they just wanted me to grab my two hander and DPS. Not a good first go at things.
Xanzel

Postby Pillar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:00 pm

wow... telling a pally to stance dance and intervene... they thought they were making you look stupid - instead it was the other way around... lol.

just cause both classes can tank does not mean they have the same abilities...
Pillar

Postby Xanzel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Thats what I was thinking. I have only been with the guild a few weeks now. I moved over there after leaving just a social guild so that I could break into raiding. But with my Raid leader and GM telling to me act like a warrior it worries me a bit. I have been reading this forum for over 30 levels now. And have been able to get my stats to where they need to be without much other help. (Thanks to all of you here) But the fact that the people in the guild who should be assigning rolls no nothing about the class nor will they take any input on it makes me worry.
Xanzel

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Xanzel wrote: But with my Raid leader and GM telling to me act like a warrior it worries me a bit.

"I'm not a warrior, I'm a paladin".
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: My first time in Gruuls as Prot.

Postby Ghort » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Xanzel wrote:So I have been to Gruuls one time before while trying to gear up. But the guild wanted to take me as ret. So I pulled a quick respec and joined them. I have done a bit of gearing up from that time including both peices of T4 from that run! :D Last night we were a bit short on tanks and the GM wanted to bring me in for a go at it. I was told to take Blindeye. Everyone was a bit edgy from people making dumb mistakes before we could even pull. (hunter pets being sent in and stealth rogues getting too close) So for the first pull the I ran in to pick up my target and before I got to him he pulled off a heal. This is when the GM and all of the other tanks started to tell me how to stance dance and intervene :x I had to explain to them that pallys don't work like that. We have 7 in the guild the rest are ret and holy. So by the time it was said and done they just wanted me to grab my two hander and DPS. Not a good first go at things.

Hunter MD to you standing on the hill to keep the mobs away from each other... or if low on hunters, run in there and judge him after your mage tank starts the battle, then back to the top of the hill (dont show your back odviously... had a brain fart once, found out the hard way), and no one should be dpsing anything til your consecration hits the floor...

As for the "This is when the GM and all of the other tanks started to tell me how to stance dance and intervene " part... amazing.... who exactly should we be avoiding? lol
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag