Remove Advertisements

Is it possible to non mage tank krosh

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is it possible to non mage tank krosh

Postby Calanas » Mon May 19, 2008 4:53 am

Situation was that we were in Gruuls and the possible mage tank was way undergeared. First spellsteal got resisted and he died in 1 shot.

Could not find other mage tank, so idea was for me to tank krosh in max stam gear and any buff i could get my hands on.

Needless to say it did not work, healers needed to keep on me too much, causing olm the deathcoilers tank to die, and there were bad resisits on enslavement of the fel puppies. And i of course died a few times.

Other issue was i couldnt keep aggro on krosh if we went after him first.

My question is did we even have a chance? Or is this a pure gimmick fight thing and we need the mage tank?
Calanas
Level 80: Gilneas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Cearn » Mon May 19, 2008 5:10 am

the only real possibility i could think of is a horribly overhealed warlock tank on krosh. any melee tank would be raped too fast via blastwave... you would still need someone to dispel the shield or the warlock will have a hard time building aggro. maybe a hunter with very high stam can accomplish tanking and dispelling at the same time. but considering you need ~3k HPS and the damage is spikey - get some awesome healers...
Cearn

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon May 19, 2008 5:11 am

I have successfully tanked Krosh a few times, but it's a rough strain on the healers. I don't recommend unless you overgear the content(which isn't impossible but you still want some experience on the fight).

Sounds like the whole raid was undergeared. Warlocks shouldn't be under the hit cap AT ALL(it's easy without kara gear, just like our uncrushability), and healers should be able to handle the whole fight without excessive trouble.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Calanas » Mon May 19, 2008 5:36 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I have successfully tanked Krosh a few times, but it's a rough strain on the healers. I don't recommend unless you overgear the content(which isn't impossible but you still want some experience on the fight).

Sounds like the whole raid was undergeared. Warlocks shouldn't be under the hit cap AT ALL(it's easy without kara gear, just like our uncrushability), and healers should be able to handle the whole fight without excessive trouble.

Its a mixed situation. we have 1 10 man raids worth of people in full kara/badge gear and some HKM/Gruul/ZA gear. Second group is less equipped, about 1/2 kara. When we have run with a well geared mage tank weve downed HKM without even 1 death.

The big issue was being one tank short on Olm the death coiler. without the ping pong of two tanks he ran around fearing healers and all other sorts of dps.

One of our mages is now PVP'ing his rear off for the stam gear.
Calanas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon May 19, 2008 5:41 am

Olm shouldn't drop aggro with death coil, and he's tauntable. Having a second tank helps as in he assumes when the other is feared.
The puppies are also awesome Olm tanks. My warlocks use to send the doggies to krosh to kill them.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Calanas » Thu May 22, 2008 4:58 am

Downed him the old fashioned way, gimp geared a few mages who lived long enough for me to hold em the last 10%.

Real fun yelling to the hunters USE ARCANE SHOT TO GET RID OF SHIELD!!!! after telling them not to at beginning of fight.

Now our DPS has to learn to get out of the damn cave ins and not stand in bunches of 10 during shatters.
Calanas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Calanas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:18 am

After several tries the answer is now NO NO NO NO NO.

In the end tried with a mage without the required stats. failed miserably.

Brought in another mage who bought a bunch of "stamina" and "sorcerer" and eagle (i think) greens, the 5 pts in arcane focus. and some pvp gear.

we then proceded to play "pimp my gnome mage".

stam chants, stam armor kits, stam leg kit. imp parked underneath him, stam food, stam pots. and a warrior in his group giving the health shout every 2 min.

in the end he had up to 14k health at times. after that HKM went down easy.
Calanas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Kelthraz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:32 am

Calanas wrote:After several tries the answer is now NO NO NO NO NO.

In the end tried with a mage without the required stats. failed miserably.

Brought in another mage who bought a bunch of "stamina" and "sorcerer" and eagle (i think) greens, the 5 pts in arcane focus. and some pvp gear.

we then proceded to play "pimp my gnome mage".

stam chants, stam armor kits, stam leg kit. imp parked underneath him, stam food, stam pots. and a warrior in his group giving the health shout every 2 min.

in the end he had up to 14k health at times. after that HKM went down easy.

You know, our 3 mage tanks have all left one by one in the last few weeks, if this works i may have to hunt you down and make passionate love to you.

KZ 11/11, ZA 6/6, TK 1/4, SSC 0/6, MH 4/5, BT 4/9
Kelthraz

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag