Remove Advertisements

Illidan Down eta till Kalecgos?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Illidan Down eta till Kalecgos?

Postby Palad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 am

My guild just downed Illidan and have downed Archimond around 5 times.

If all goes well we will be taking are first look at Kalecgos next reset anyhow.

But I was wondering what are chances at success?

If slim to none how many more clears of Hyjal/BT we may need?

Then if Kalecgos shouldn't stop us what about Brutalis?
CC = Continuous Consecration
Palad

Postby Base » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:50 am

From what I understand, you want pretty much everyone in T6 gear.

The guild above us in progression on our server tried SWP after farming Illidan for 3 weeks and got smashed. They are going back to BT for another month.

Although I guess if you've been lucky with drops you might have quite a well geared raid by the time you finally finish him off.
Base

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:30 am

Kalecgos requires way more coordination and reflexes of individuals, than everything in Black Temple.
Down Illidan a few more times and then it's all up on the skill of your guildies...

SWP isn't all that hard, it "simple" requires 25 TOP-Geared People who KNOW how to play.

To keep People motivated just run it one time and see how far you can go. When farming BT and Hyjal you should have enough Progression days left so use 'em ;)
Ryuusuke

Postby Palad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:51 am

Vashj + Kael

They still drop some pretty nice items with extra time in the week would u recomend farming them? Or would time be better spent just killin Sunwell Trash?

We'll probalby go back a few times to get rings for people that missed anyhow.
CC = Continuous Consecration
Palad

Postby Catriona » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 am

We'd been farming Illi for a bit more than a month, or possibly two at most, and killing Kalec took us quite a few nights. It got much easier after we got everyone in some t6, and you'll definitely want your DPS in 4-piece for Brutallus anyway.
We still do BT every week though I think we quit doing Hyjal. /sadpanda
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:23 am

Brutallus = 29k raid dps, that requires basically all the raid and expecially tanks in full T6 or similar.

Kalecgos is doable also for a guild with just a couple of Illidan kills, as long as people aren't in blues and know what they are doing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby agnara » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:36 am

Worldie wrote:Brutallus = 29k raid dps, that requires basically all the raid and expecially tanks in full T6 or similar.

Kalecgos is doable also for a guild with just a couple of Illidan kills, as long as people aren't in blues and know what they are doing.

QFT

My guild is downing Kalecgos, but we lack the dps for brutallus.
agnara

Location: Somewhere, thinking about something, most likely off-topic.

Postby Sechs » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:38 am

Can go to kalecgos right after illidan the gear requirement is not to high on him of course it always help but its not impossible to kill him.
Brutallus is pretty much impossible if not most ppl have t6 gear or are extremely skilled players.
Sechs

Postby Splug » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 am

Kalecgos is a coordination check. Tanks in reasonable gear is the only real requirement, though a healer-heavy raid helps.

The gear check comes in at Brutallus, and there... probably 2 months of farming Illidan is plenty if your attrition rate is low (keep in mind you'll probably have a bit of time already invested in farming the earlier bosses to get TO Illidan).

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:27 am

It took us 4 weeks between Illidan and Kalecgos.
But we've pretty much cruised through BT and Hyjal so we aren't as geared as other guilds at the same content level.

We've also had terrible luck with Hyjal Boss drops.
Anetheron especially has been bad more than half our kills have dropped Hatefury Mantles. As a matter of fact that only good piece of gear that we've had luck with is Cat's Edge though we're now to the point where we've had too many of those drop with 5 so far.

We've dropped all of Hyjal aside from Archimonde off our schedule as of 3 weeks ago.
Dragonzbane

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:38 am

Dragonzbane wrote:We've dropped all of Hyjal aside from Archimonde off our schedule as of 3 weeks ago.

You lost me there, since you have to clear the rest of Hyjal to get to the Night Elf camp, how did you drop Hyjal except Archimonde?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:42 am

Sponsor a pug run on an off night for the first four bosses, kill Archimonde during your raid schedule? Only way I can come up with.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Loganb1104 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 am

Splug wrote:Sponsor a pug run on an off night for the first four bosses, kill Archimonde during your raid schedule? Only way I can come up with.

This.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:58 am

Loganb1104 wrote:
Splug wrote:Sponsor a pug run on an off night for the first four bosses, kill Archimonde during your raid schedule? Only way I can come up with.

This.

Something like that.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah, although I'm not raiding anymore, my guild downed Illidan about a month ago and since then has made killing Archi/Illidan each week our top priority, spending the remaining time in SW. Kalecgos seems quite doable (got him somewhere in the 50s on the first night of attempts), but there didn't seem much point in giving up Illy/Archi loot to kill him if we're just gonna be blocked on Brut until we get more T6 gear anyway.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau