Tidewalker is tauntable.

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tidewalker is tauntable.

Postby NarfJones » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:01 pm

That's right. I taunted him the other night when we lost two healers and our tank died. I picked him right up to finish off the last 30% Of course we had no murloc tank at that point so we still wiped, but it's nice to know that one of our other tanks could do it, if the need arises.

This has not been confirmed by a blue post, but as I' don't target him for any other reason than to cast JoW, so I have next to no threat on him. We only lost one fury warrior after the tank dying before I picked him up.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Mmm, ill have to try that...

last night's warrior MT said no to that. Not sure how you managed that.
Huon

Postby spiky_porcupine » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:07 am

I highly doubt that. I don't know what happened there, but I taunt the MT a few times now since they grabbed aggro on murlocs accidently and have never pulled TW.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Brute » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 am

is this new? I use RD on the tank if he gets murlocs stuck on him and I occasionally see "Immune" pop up over tidewalker, I think only when there's only 1-2 murlocs on the tank.

I haven't fought him since 2.4; if this is true I would like to know.
Brute

Postby Lowgrus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:50 am

any confirmations yet?
Lowgrus

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:40 am

Tried to get him on Manday night when our tank took an unexpected kicking.

Did not see an immune thing but he certainly did'nt stop paying particular attention to a couple of 'locks and mages for sure.

I'll try this reset if we go but so far it looks like he can't be taunted.
Stilgarr

Postby Zibey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:15 am

Well its only twice we went to kill him by now, and in general I dont have much experience, but i tend to have moro targeted all the time, and when MT gets murlocks i just use taunt macro on morogrim... Never got aggro from him, so I would say he cant be taunted. Other thing is that whenever our MT died, he wouldnt go for ppl who are 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in aggro, but targeted randomly... we had it twice when feral druid made some nice aggro on him, only to be absolutelyignored while moro was going rampage on whole raid.
Tho like I said - we had only 2 kills of him, from maybe 7 tries in total, so I might need bit more experience.
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby sbeacher » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:33 am

It seems like it'd be pretty easy to go into your combat log and see if the taunt worked or not.
sbeacher

Postby Jasari » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:43 am

I can confirm that Tidewalker is NOT tauntable.

My guess as to what you experienced was a paladin BoPing the MT causing Tidewalker to turn around and AOE kill a handful of people.
Jasari

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern