Remove Advertisements

Test: Prince Malchezaar Result: Fail

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Freece » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Thanks for all the input, tips and support in general. As I said, I know that I'm lacking gear pretty badly, I just wish it wasn't such a showstopper.

I wish I could have had more time to prepare, but I guess that can't be helped now. Moving forward, at least I know it's pointless for me to try to tank him again until my gear has improved and thats what I needed to know. Thanks again...

<3 Freece
Freece

Postby dern » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:55 pm

You may be able to kill a couple birds with one stone (so to speak). heroic mech runs if you can get a good group and learn it, is excellent way to get badges, rep, and possibly a sun eater.

I finally got my shoulders from Bot in a heroic run last week. My first run after getting my Teir 4 shoulders. I had run it roughly 50 times, but somehow called the drop that time.

Make sure everyone is warmed up before you go with the Mountain King book.. . .it can help.

Heroics can be a challenge to get used to even for a better-geared group, so don't lose patience.
dern

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:27 am

Since Prince duel wields in phase 2, his miss rate is much higher than in phase 1, and as a consequence your avoidance is enough to push crushing blows off the results table in phase 2.

If you are getting through phase 1 OK, then your issue isn't being crushable. Your issue is surviving entirely possible, arguably inevitable, strings of attacks where the Prince isn't missing or being dodged or parried. Assuming holy shield is up, that's going to look like a string of blocked attacks. And the only relevant factors in surviving a string of blocked attacks are your health (stamina), your armor, and your block value.

So focus on getting gear and using consumables and abilities that improve these stats.
Steve

Previous

Return to Karazhan