Tankadins become crushable in sunwell?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat May 31, 2008 4:22 am

Mmm wait, what are you saying, where's this "5% chance to miss taunts" coming from?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rorshach » Sat May 31, 2008 11:06 am

Virgil wrote:I've not been crushed in sunwell by a boss yet, so its safe to say its impossible.

Eredar Twins. Sacrolash will crush you unless you are at 127.4% avoidance. I'm there now, 128% with scorpid/GoA, sitting at 24k health with an imp. Hopefully tanking them Sunday night.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Elsie » Sat May 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Just be aware unless you're doing this reverse you won't get serpent sting/swarm/goa probably.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Sat May 31, 2008 4:39 pm

Be pretty crazy not to make it a priority in your strategy to get Scorpid Sting up if it actually works on a boss.

(By which I mean to imply that the reverse strat is better, not that you should suicide your hunters ;) )
Last edited by PsiVen on Sat May 31, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Elsie » Sat May 31, 2008 4:57 pm

Be pretty crazy to risk your hunters/shaman getting gibbed by shadow fiends.

The fight's positioning doesn't gel with the ability to keep those buffs up, or at least not most of them.
Elsie

Postby Rorshach » Sat May 31, 2008 5:07 pm

We are indeed learning this fight from the start in reverse order. Otherwise I'd have to gear a bit differently and most likely lose about 1200 health.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Lore » Sat May 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Reverse order is easier anyway imo
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Sat May 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Worldie wrote:Mmm wait, what are you saying, where's this "5% chance to miss taunts" coming from?

I think he's talking about http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=45769, which affects the boss's chance to hit, not the player's, so it shouldn't affect taunts at all.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Sat May 31, 2008 7:10 pm

PsiVen wrote:Be pretty crazy not to make it a priority in your strategy to get Scorpid Sting up if it actually works on a boss.

Maintaining scorpid kills a hunter's dps. It's a debuff you can live without, most of the time. I typically ask our hunters to scorpid before a stomp on brut if they remember, but otherwise...
Lucit

Postby Cylan » Sat May 31, 2008 8:31 pm

Lucit wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Be pretty crazy not to make it a priority in your strategy to get Scorpid Sting up if it actually works on a boss.

Maintaining scorpid kills a hunter's dps. It's a debuff you can live without, most of the time. I typically ask our hunters to scorpid before a stomp on brut if they remember, but otherwise...

For Brut, that's fine because he doesn't crush...
Cylan

Postby Worldie » Sat May 31, 2008 8:45 pm

Otherwise, few % to miss can help mitigation the shitloads of damage he does...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Sat May 31, 2008 9:53 pm

Code: Select all
Reverse order is easier anyway imo

I agree, but we did it normal order first, and that's typically better if you're melee heavy to me.

Also helps if 15 people consistently do it one way if you're undergoing 'heavy recruitment.'
Elsie

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Lore wrote:
Pfft, Brutallus was made for Paladins.

How so Lore?
Dragonzbane

Re: Tankadins become crushable in sunwell?

Postby bubblemom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Tenku wrote:On bosskillers it states that all trash mobs and boss will have the buff that reduce our chance to dodge by 20% and increase our chance of being hit by 5%

Is there any particular gearing or gemming needed to counteract this buff in order to be uncrushable again?

I'm not even allowed to go in till we kill illidan :(
bubblemom

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:21 am

That's a wise suggestion actually

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau