Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Balsimar » Wed May 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Dorvan wrote:I usually bubble at 12-15 stacks near the beginning of the fight. Sure I've gotten up to as many as 26 stack before, but at those kinds of numbers you're really just praying....if it's early in the fight you want to bubble well before you're in range of an unlucky instagib.


I personally try and hold off until the fel enrage. I just don't see the sense in making the other tanks, who cannot relieve themselves of stacks, take acidic wounds any earlier than necessary.
User avatar
Balsimar
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Postby Rand » Mon May 26, 2008 6:40 am

Yesterday happened to me a really strange thing.

I was tanking Gurtogg, and I was the first tank. At about 14-15 debuff I bubbled.

And till now is all ok ;)

At the end of the bubble, Gurtogg, immediately turn again on me :shock: .
On KTM, my threat was not resetted. But ok, no more debuff so I could tank him again.
Again at 14-15 debuff I used bless of prot on me ... Gurtogg never left me.

Finally I could take the second position on tanking. Phase change. I was the third in aggro .... Phase change .... and Gurtogg again on me :shock:

Anyone can try to explain why nor bubble nor protection dropped from me the aggro?

Thanks in advance ;)
Rand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:34 am

Postby Enkal » Mon May 26, 2008 6:43 am

bubbles doesnt drop aggro, it just freezes aggro. If the other tanks cant catch up with you during your bubble you will regain aggro.

From what you wrote it looks like you werent matching threat with the other 2 tanks.
Image
User avatar
Enkal
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:23 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Elsie » Mon May 26, 2008 8:04 am

Whatever you guys do, don't use double threat trinkets on this boss. I tried it out and ended up tanking 95% to 2%.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon May 26, 2008 8:18 am

Elsie wrote:Whatever you guys do, don't use double threat trinkets on this boss. I tried it out and ended up tanking 95% to 2%.
nuffin' wrong with that, protects the other tanks from knock backs and bumps overall raid threat up quite a /lot/.

Long as you _CAN_ solo tank him with good use of timers/gear.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
Image
User avatar
QuantumDelta
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:31 am

Postby Seloei » Mon May 26, 2008 10:54 pm

sounds like a case of bad luck enkal, with the other tanks getting knocked/disoriented as soon as the phase swap was out, if you had higher threat and were in melee range than them, he will swap back. If you get a BoP then move away out of melee range and hopefully he will go after someone else
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Enkal » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Seloei wrote:sounds like a case of bad luck Rand, with the other tanks getting knocked/disoriented as soon as the phase swap was out, if you had higher threat and were in melee range than them, he will swap back. If you get a BoP then move away out of melee range and hopefully he will go after someone else


Fixed!
Image
User avatar
Enkal
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:23 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Rand » Tue May 27, 2008 12:42 am

Enkal wrote:
Seloei wrote:sounds like a case of bad luck Rand, with the other tanks getting knocked/disoriented as soon as the phase swap was out, if you had higher threat and were in melee range than them, he will swap back. If you get a BoP then move away out of melee range and hopefully he will go after someone else


Fixed!


;)

True, other tanks could not never overaggro me in the bubble time ;)

My doubt is on the KTM when it shows me at second in aggro and I gain again aggro after a phase shift, but maybe is a ktm problem :P

thanks for the answers ;) and now Illidari Council is waiting for me this evening :P
Rand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:34 am

Postby Worldie » Tue May 27, 2008 2:13 am

KTM has always been a big failure, and even Omen is sometimes inaccurate on this fight, don't excessively trust them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Mialina » Wed May 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Didn't have time to read all the posts, sorry if this tactic is a re-run, but here's how I tank / off-tank BB:

First of all, you need to get the first bloodboil on you. This is crucial for the initial burst you'll make so you can regain mana fast (chain drinking mana pots works too but I'm much the type to use what the environment offers first :) ) . I'm usually the second tank so as soon as the MT grabs him I judge crusader and start stacking vengeance on him. Use consecration, pop wrath, judge 5 stack vengeances and use avenger's shield to burst him when MT has 5-6 debuffs, so I have him on me pretty quick. I usually try to keep the 5 vengeance stacks on him during his fel rage so I can keep up with the other tanks if he's not on me after the rage (but make sure to run back the last 5 secs of fel rage :) )
We also use hunters to MD our lowest tank to catch up with the other two (we use 3 tanks as our dps is pretty high), but usually thats not me :)
Ah, btw, if you have the Ashtongue trinket, it is a huge help with offtanking, that 120 holy dmg / 2 secs is pretty good, and procs a lot in my experience :)
Image
Mialina
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Postby Dianora » Thu May 29, 2008 7:00 am

Mialina wrote:Didn't have time to read all the posts, sorry if this tactic is a re-run, but here's how I tank / off-tank BB:

First of all, you need to get the first bloodboil on you. This is crucial for the initial burst you'll make so you can regain mana fast (chain drinking mana pots works too but I'm much the type to use what the environment offers first :) ) . I'm usually the second tank so as soon as the MT grabs him I judge crusader and start stacking vengeance on him. Use consecration, pop wrath, judge 5 stack vengeances and use avenger's shield to burst him when MT has 5-6 debuffs, so I have him on me pretty quick. I usually try to keep the 5 vengeance stacks on him during his fel rage so I can keep up with the other tanks if he's not on me after the rage (but make sure to run back the last 5 secs of fel rage :) )
We also use hunters to MD our lowest tank to catch up with the other two (we use 3 tanks as our dps is pretty high), but usually thats not me :)
Ah, btw, if you have the Ashtongue trinket, it is a huge help with offtanking, that 120 holy dmg / 2 secs is pretty good, and procs a lot in my experience :)


I think you mean Acid Wound. Bloodboil hits the 5 target furthest away from him.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 30, 2008 12:39 pm

THROTTLING THREAT SUCKS!
On this biatch I don't even use threat trinkets / food / elixirs anymore, and I still get to tank him fully till stack 15 then again before I lose aggro for real.
2 ranks of consecration, stop judging and still it's usually too late into the fight for the others to even try >.> wtb moar misdirects.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15542
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Elsie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:41 pm

nuffin' wrong with that, protects the other tanks from knock backs and bumps overall raid threat up quite a /lot/.

Long as you _CAN_ solo tank him with good use of timers/gear.

Yeah but they get less debuffs in general, though the warrior got 3-4 in the beginning so his threat kept up.

I don't recommend it for everyone. I went to 20 stacks as usual now, bubbled them off, off-tank got punted and went back to me. Went to 28 stacks tanking him the rest of the way.

It's a rush but I don't recommend it, since you have to waste an iron shield on a farm boss. Kinda helps to have a good amount of sunwell gear, too.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Fridmarr » Fri May 30, 2008 3:45 pm

QuantumDelta wrote:
Elsie wrote:Whatever you guys do, don't use double threat trinkets on this boss. I tried it out and ended up tanking 95% to 2%.
nuffin' wrong with that, protects the other tanks from knock backs and bumps overall raid threat up quite a /lot/.

Long as you _CAN_ solo tank him with good use of timers/gear.


You have to be really careful with that though. Your threat as MT is kind of irrelevant because the DPS has to stay below at least one OT. Otherwise if you get hit with that scattershot thingy, there could be big problems. So doing this may be all risk with little reward.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Elsie » Fri May 30, 2008 5:58 pm

You have to be really careful with that though. Your threat as MT is kind of irrelevant because the DPS has to stay below at least one OT. Otherwise if you get hit with that scattershot thingy, there could be big problems. So doing this may be all risk with little reward.

That's why it's important for your OTs to start the fight and get MD's. With a few stacks of debuff they'll have plenty enough rage.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests